Page 87 of 268 FirstFirst ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 6694

Thread: Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by TWINS View Post
    Iconics have all their teeth and can afford microbrews.
    Makes perfect sense.
    The hotel room bed has to be more appealing than a mattress on the closet floor as well. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    The Ikon pass really is taking it to the locals. Lines at the tram, gapers traversing all over, terrible traffic in the Cottonwood canyons.

The latest anecdotal evidence that I’ve heard is even more insult to injury. Ikoners are, from a couple stories that I heard, banging the local chicks, as if those lines weren’t long enough. A friend of a friend went to Jackson and scored with a local hottie after dancing with her at the Cowboy Bar. She told him about the “odds are good but the goods are odd” thing and how local girls are tuning into the ikoners who have real jobs in big cities and viable financial futures.

Another story that I heard is a Big Sky hookup started as a pair up on a Big Couloir run after they met in the tram line. She’s now coming to D town to look for a job and apt and continue the relationship.

Man you locals gotta get rid of this Ikon thing, it’s ruining your whole life.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    well done.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    Well this is interesting.....
    Certainly addressing one of the complaints

https://www.aspensnowmass.com/plan-y...-passes/passes

ANNOUNCING OUR SPRING PASS SALE FOR 2019 - 2020: PREMIER, DOUBLE FLEX, FLEX - SAME PRICE, MORE BENEFITS!

Lock in your 2019 - 2020 Aspen Snowmass season pass at this season’s super early pricing and enjoy extra benefits through spring, summer and next winter. And new this year, all 2019-2020 Premier Adult, Chamber, Senior, and Parent Passes include a complimentary Ikon Base Pass!
    some of the people in this thread must be shocked!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Not going to lie, I can be bribed and base ikon benefits would probably do the trick for me, at least so I'm not bitching to anyone within earshot about it.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Not going to lie, I can be bribed and base ikon benefits would probably do the trick for me, at least so I'm not bitching to anyone within earshot about it.
    Agreed. Although Snowbird announced their passes last week and it appears we get nothing again.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Agreed. Although Snowbird announced their passes last week and it appears we get nothing again.
    I re-upped my pass over the phone this morning and they wanted to be sure I knew about the change in Wasatch Benefits. I told the guy on the phone, "Yeah, I know, the Ikoners are getting my other two days." He laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    It appears don't get the re-up discount with the payment plan?
    Quote Originally Posted by TWINS View Post
    Has anyone done the payment plan?
    Can't find any info on whether they charge more for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trefin View Post
    Its no additional cost. It is also not done through affirm or anything so its not on credit. The plan is $200 down then the remaining amount split over 4 months.
    There was another post in here about how you don't get the $30 discount with the payment plan, but I can't find it. FWIW, I just went through the checkout process (but didn't complete it). It did give me the $30 renewal discount with the payment plan. And yes, it was $199 down and $105 for 4 more months. BUT, I also had a kid pass renewal, and for that, you had to pay it all upfront. So it was actually $358 upfront, then $105 for 4 more months.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    I re-upped my pass over the phone this morning and they wanted to be sure I knew about the change in Wasatch Benefits. I told the guy on the phone, "Yeah, I know, the Ikoners are getting my other two days." He laughed.
    Wait they're changing Wasatch Benefits for next year too? Jesus Christ...

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    Wait they're changing Wasatch Benefits for next year too? Jesus Christ...
    Yup. 1 dv, 1 soly, 1 brighton, 1 alta/bird. Greedy bastards

As mentioned in the Tetons thread, Jackson Hole season pass now includes an Ikon Base pass.

So that has me thinking all the other big destination resorts like Alta-SB and Big Sky are going to get the ikon base attached to their season passes as well.

I doubt that JH could be the only resort to swing such a sweet concession from the Ikon overlords.

Too bad if you already bought your Ikon pass though, suckers!

https://www.jacksonhole.com/season-pass.html

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseBrooklyn View Post
    As mentioned in the Tetons thread, Jackson Hole season pass now includes an Ikon Base pass.

So that has me thinking all the other big destination resorts like Alta-SB and Big Sky are going to get the ikon base attached to their season passes as well.

I doubt that JH could be the only resort to swing such a sweet concession from the Ikon overlords.

Unless Snowbird announces it later nothing so far. Although our pass is around $500 less than JH so there's that I guess?

Unless Snowbird announces it later nothing so far. Although our pass is around $500 less than JH so there's that I guess?
    I kinda figured it’d be the Alta-Bird pass that got it, which I think is abojt the same price as JH, $1,470, right?

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

So far it looks like Big Sky is getting the Big Eff You. No ikon benefits and the pass details have been out for over a week now.

I guess the good thing is it is cheaper for friends and family from the front range to come visit and ski.

I could honestly care less about getting the Ikon benefits. The chances of me driving several hours to leave Aspen and ski are pretty darn low.

"We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

I kinda figured it’d be the Alta-Bird pass that got it, which I think is abojt the same price as JH, $1,470, right?
    It would be nice but I'm doubtful. Big Sky got no Ikon benefits for next year as far as I can tell. They actually reduced the Wasatch Benefit for next year from 6 days to 4.

Oh well, at least our season is 6+ weeks longer than JH.

Edit - misread.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    The chances of me driving several hours to leave Aspen and ski are pretty darn low.
    Ditto, at least while we are open.
    I would like to go ski Squaw and Mammoth late season.

Not to cunt up the Jackson thread.
    It’s not like long lift lines there is a new phenomena.
    I first skied there in 78 and it was a 6 box wait at 9am.
    I went back years later during a huge powder cycle. Dave Miller hooked me up with a group of locals, that hired guides just to cut lift lines.
    Literally every guide there was booked by locals @ $125pp.

I suppose it makes it a bit tougher for JH and Aspen locals to bitch about Ikon passholders next season when they also have an Ikon pass.

^^^ Kind of a genius move on the part of the Ski Areas and IKON.

Probably little in the way of a downside for either one really, just the cost of printing some more passes that if go unused end up costing jack shit and at the same time allow the areas to say STFU, we gave you this for free, a $ 649.00 values.

I sent the Big Sky GM an e-mail asking WTF? So far..... crickets.

I'm def surprised, Danno was right about the possibility of a bargain.

I can see how Jackson has bargaining power, it is a big name to have on board. I don't think Big Sky has the appeal that Jackson does, they may give you guys free hot cocoa packets instead. Maybe. Hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    I they may give you guys free hot cocoa packets instead.
    BWAHAHA! Well played dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    ^^^ Kind of a genius move on the part of the Ski Areas and IKON.

Probably little in the way of a downside for either one really, just the cost of printing some more passes that if go unused end up costing jack shit and at the same time allow the areas to say STFU, we gave you this for free, a $ 649.00 values.

I sent the Big Sky GM an e-mail asking WTF? So far..... crickets.
    Right, I'm planning to ask Alta and Snowbird GMs the same thing. I guess I can be bought.

Right, I'm planning to ask Alta and Snowbird GMs the same thing. I guess I can be bought.
    Yeah, me too. I did an alta/bird pass this year but only made it over to the bird 5 or 6 times. Not enough to justify the extra cost over an Alta only pass for next year. But if I can get unlimited days at Soli as well it’d be worth it. Plus then I could ikon up big sky and Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Ditto, at least while we are open.
    I would like to go ski Squaw and Mammoth late season.

Not to cunt up the Jackson thread.
    It’s not like long lift lines there is a new phenomena.
    I first skied there in 78 and it was a 6 box wait at 9am.
    I went back years later during a huge powder cycle. Dave Miller hooked me up with a group of locals, that hired guides just to cut lift lines.
    Literally every guide there was booked by locals @ $125pp.
    I wonder if it will have any effect on flight prices from Aspen to JH? I could see that being a trip I would take with 5 free days.

"We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Does the Ikon Base give any summer discounts for Winter Park’s lift accessed MTB?