Page 116 of 266 FirstFirst ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 6644

Thread: Ikon Pass

I don't think they should be using 'Promo Codes' at all to sell season passes. It's sketchy and easy way to cause trouble for themselves.

If you are going to offer comp passes or highly discounted passes, then you should be dealing directly with some sales supervisor at Alterra. For college passes, you should be required to show a student ID and maybe even a copy of fall class schedule.

No.

They want to make buying passes easy, not hard.

Promo Codes = Cheesy

This discussion is hilarious. Especially the whining. Wow

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    This discussion is hilarious. Especially the whining. Wow

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    x2. From beginning to end this whole thread has really delivered.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo View Post
    x2. From beginning to end this whole thread has really delivered.
    This thread is Iconic. I mean Ikonich. Iconick. Ikonick. Icahnick. Icahnich. Ikonik. Iconik. Ikonic. Still trying to figure out the naming origin.

It used to be the case that when a fellow skier got a hookup of some kind the peanut gallery would cheer.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Missus Tarantino View Post
    It used to be the case that when a fellow skier got a hookup of some kind the peanut gallery would cheer.
    Word

Ikon sold about 350,000 passes last year.

Source: Alterra

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Oh my. Excuse us.

How do you ever put up with the rabble and deplorables that plow your driveway and wash your shit?
    Hey, those deplorables are my best friends, coworkers, employers, girlfriend, bandmates, roommates, neighbors, and most trusted ski partners. I shovel my own driveway and wipe my own ass. I also get paid to clean toilets some days. Some days I do it for free. Rest assured I, as Bunion kindly alluded to, am card-carrying rabble, solely concerned with Powder Skiing and Good Times at All Costs.

I stand by my post: we've all seen our share of gapers (and all been one here or there), but from my anecdotal experience many of the Ikoners new to our mountain last winter were in a league of their own. Sorry if that was you, reader, but it probably wasn't. Maybe we're just spoiled as fuck out here without the city masses, idk. Things have changed and always will, it was just a different crowd this year, and in a small place it kind of stands out.

Whatever. We're all still gonna have a ton of great skiing this winter; sure know I will and I hope you, reader, do too. As Jongo said, no one really cares how you get here, we really only care if you came here to ski and seem like a decent human. If you don't like here, please be polite and don't shout about it at apres, over dinner, and in the lift line.

K I'm done. Sorry to distract from the Econ discussion. See you all this winter!!

Seriously though if yer on here yer probably decent. Let's go skiing.
    I think the potato gun proved the stability.

I wonder if it will make financial/crowd control sense for alterra to offer a "Ikon Brokeboi Pass" that just covers Brighton, Solitude, Winter Park, Copper, Mammoth, and a few random east coast resorts at a lower rate. Or for Big Sky, JHMR, and Altabird to release their own megapass to try and band together without the pitfalls of being on a real megapass. Think there should be room in the market for Ikon/Epic to have competition in the form of high caliber destination resorts banding together and claiming to offer a superior product, rather than the current system of 2 walmart passes and a handful of mom and pop resorts.

I will accept the argument that it is scary for a resort owner to be the only major resort not on a megapass, but if Alta/Snowbird/JHMR/Big Sky pulled out and banded together, it reduces the incentive for people who don't live in Denver or Bay Area to buy either Epic or Ikon, and there are definitely plenty of east coast skiers who only use their Ikon Passes for travel to those mountains.

^^^ There used to be a pass (Ski the Rockies) Aspen Highlands, Big Sky, JHMR & Taos, probably early 80s.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

there is a pass that Jackson, BS, Alta/Bird, Highlands, Taos, Squaw/Alpine and others were and still are on. It's called Mountian Collective. Works very well with no cap on # of days.

Quote Originally Posted by stayhighstaydry View Post
    there is a pass that Jackson, BS, Alta/Bird, Highlands, Taos, Squaw/Alpine and others were and still are on. It's called Mountian Collective. Works very well with no cap on # of days.
    2 days at each.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    2 days at each.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    . Works very well with no cap on # of days.
    After your two ( 2 ) "free" days, subsequent days are 1/2 ( half ) of that days price. So, no cap on # of days.

At a price well under an Ikon pass it can work out very well. Do your own math.

After your two ( 2 ) "free" days, subsequent days are 1/2 ( half ) of that days price. So, no cap on # of days.

Do your own fucking maths...

That should be a thread.

$509 for MC currently, vs $750 for Ikon base, although MC comes with no blackout dates. when you factor in the cost of 50% off window rates for longer trips, I don't think the math works out as well, especially since window rates have gone significantly up either to incentivize ikon pass sales or make up for cannibalization of multi-day lift pass sales. unless you're doing a grand road trip linking MC destinations, or if you have so many airline miles to burn that you can book a bunch of Friday-Monday flights rather than fewer longer trips, it just seems like Ikon is hard to beat.

MC is dying a slow death as people from major east coast cities pick megapasses instead. MC was a good alternative to Epic Pass for people who preferred those mountains, but you can get more of those mountains on Ikon.

MC is still a good deal. For us it works out to almost the exact same price as the Ikon. Ikon is simply more convenient. We are going to work around the blackouts by skiing at Copper on the MLK Sunday.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This thread has made my Loveland pass just seem better and better. I'll happily settle for three extra free days at Monarch, Sunlight, Powder Mountain and Whitefish, Castle, Whitewater, Bridger, Schwietzer and Stevens, White Pass, Mission Ridge. Also let's not forget the new terrain at Cooper with nearby apres and accommodations in Leadville, a place where poaching hot tubs requires commitment and a sporting openness to risk.

the Ikon Pass will leave the anti resorts even more untracked (although LL itself never stays untacked anymore)
    you know there ain't no devil,
    there's just God when he's drunk---- Tom Waits

I'll happily settle for three extra free days at Monarch, Sunlight, Powder Mountain and Whitefish, Castle, Whitewater, Bridger, Schwietzer and Stevens, White Pass, Mission Ridge.
    Thats a damn good perk.

All I got for my 1500 clams is priority parking in a lot I will never use.

Whitefish, Castle, Whitewater, Bridger, Schwietzer and Stevens, White Pass, Mission Ridge.
    The makings of an epic(tm) roadtrip.

it's just analytics. be interesting to see if it's around 5-10 yrs out.

^^^ so fitting love it