Page 112 of 268 FirstFirst ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,800 of 6693

Thread: Ikon Pass

How is the soup at Crested Butte?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    You are, quite simply, wrong.
    Telluride, Crested Butte, Silverton, Snowmass/Highlands and A-Basin beg to differ (and the predominant aspect at those resorts isn't southeast).
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Anyone who thinks nowhere in Colorado even remotely compares to Jackson has not skied Crested Butte.

Jackson has better snow (on average) than CB, but CB has every bit the terrain to pucker you. And what's more, there's no little warning sign saying "cliffs" before every hudge cliff. There's just a fucking cliff and you better know it's there.
    I got say you're both wrong. Adiron, like the proverbial blind squirrel, has finally found his nut and posted something that doesn't make him look like an idiot. Jackson Hole is vastly superior to our four mountains here in Aspen, and most of Colorado, in both terrain and snow quality. And if I were an Ikon Pass holder I wouldn't even waste my time in CO until I had used all my days at Jackson, and then maybe continue on and visit Bunion and Phishshow before coming back to CO. If you want to be the biggest swinging dick at your home mountain you need to be able to say you skied Jackson. Colorado is full of flat-brimmed losers and shitty skiing.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    USA ski region battles are the best aren't they?
    Yea, well, CO kicks the shit out of CA too! Fuck that place... This thread has made a wrong turn.

As a long-time resident of Colorado... this thread is now bringing some *quality* LULZ.

Jackson has better snow (on average) than CB, but CB has every bit the terrain to pucker you. And what's more, there's no little warning sign saying "cliffs" before every hudge cliff. There's just a fucking cliff and you better know it's there.
    Disagree, Jackson may get more snow than CB, but CB has better quality snow on average thanks to the north-facing aspect and higher elevation of the majority of the extremes.

CB's terrain also blows Jackson out of the water.

Sure I think they are in similar categories but no, CB is not better than JH. Just the tram alone puts it at a higher level. You can't even access a fraction of the backcountry at CB. It is an island while JH the adventures are to the N and S and those lines blow away the banana chute.

Snow quality isn't full on blower at CB. It is icy on the majority of the mountain most of the season. At JH you can find shashes all the time.

Both are cool but c'mon please stop.

This page made me laugh. This is the internet, so I'm obligated to give my opinion

I lived in CO for 20 some odd years, and spent tons of days at CB and Telluride (Abasin as well, but it doesn't belong in the same category). I work remotely and ski 120+ days a year. I've lived in Jackson for 4 years now and don't plan on leaving anytime soon...
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Keystone is the new Snowbird

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Snow quality isn't full on blower at CB. It is icy on the majority of the mountain most of the season.
    I blame GoldenBoy. He has the groomers spray down the trails at least a couple of times, every year. He likes it that way.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Old's Cool.

But who has the greatest holiday crowds? Squaw? Vail? Breck? I don't think Jackson makes the list but have absolutely zero evidence other than their geographic position to mass human activity.

Our family is taking more trips to Telluride due to ease. Not very crowded, kids love skiing there, don't need to drive while we are there, walk to everything, and even dad can find some in-bounds fun lines. Yes, lodging isn't cheap but we get on the lodging program about a year out and broker a deal. The big negative is the rocky snowpack but the snow does stay nice after a storm unlike the 30 mins you get in California.

Jackson backcountry is on a different level no doubt. And I'm not even trying to say which is better. Just that the notion that CB's in-bounds terrain doesn't remotely compare to Jackson's is downright silly.
    Last edited by Danno; 10-03-2019 at 04:41 PM.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I am only posting in this most impotent thread to say you are all wrong.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    all of us?

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    We should move to Montana?

This is bringing the RAD to coloRADo
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    We should move to Montana?
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    This is bringing the RAD to coloRADo
    ColoRadBro!!!!

Is IKON an acronym? Or the last name of someone? Or did they just think it was a cool way to spell Icon in the way the 90s thought it was cool to spell things with a Z instead of S? The people (person) wants to know!!

Jackson backcountry is on a different level no doubt. And I'm not even trying to say which is better. Just that the notion that CB's in-bounds terrain doesn't remotely compare to Jackson's is downright silly.
    Not to worry, Adiron Rider has repeatedly displayed an inability to understand or address facts.

But really, that, coupled with ignorance and inexperience, well, you just have to pat him on the head and send him on his way.

JH is a great place to ski, so is W/BC, Telluride, KH, Aspen Highlands, Silverton, AltaBird, CB, Revelstoke, Snow Basin, Big Sky, etc. They're all different and that's what makes each one great.

They're all dinky when compared to European ski areas though.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Not to worry, Adiron Rider has repeatedly displayed an inability to understand or address facts.

But really, that, coupled with ignorance and inexperience, well, you just have to pat him on the head and send him on his way.

JH is a great place to ski, Telluride, Aspen Highlands, Silverton, AltaBird, CB, Snow Basin, Big Sky, etc. They're all different and that's what makes each one great.

They're all dinky when compared to European ski areas though.
    FIFY... Canada says shhhhh!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    FIFY... Canada says shhhhh!
    Then there's Red, Whitewater (a fav), Fernie, Big White, Tod Mtn, shitloads of good snow and good skiing.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

And it's all on sale at 30% off.

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    And it's all on sale at 30% off.
    So that means $100 CAD is like $43 US, right?

Ikon Pass

Telluride inbounds terrain and backcountry is right there with Jackson IMO. And Jackson has nothing like Palmyra Peak inbounds. Love both.

Jackson’s a killer place. But it’s always been crowded. I shared a guide with Ned and Juni, 15 years ago, just to cut lines.

I keep my sled on top of Ajax and I can ride to CB.

Skiing JH last year after the big dump and there were moose walking around the lower runs. Ski patrol had to direct idiot skiers away. The moose win

Paging Greg from Alpinezone. Tell us how great Killington and the hot Jerzey babes are.