Page 190 of 266 FirstFirst ... 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,750 of 6644

Thread: Ikon Pass

Interesting.

Again, outside - with a mask on - is a hell of a lot different than inside. Further, new data is suggesting that surfaces are not a big factor in spreading, so it's mainly open mouth to open mouth, figuratively speaking.

Ergo, outside with a mask makes sense to me. Let it snow!

Quote Originally Posted by IrieIbex View Post
    I’d get in one of those in a heartbeat.
    Heated seats are sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    so it's mainly open mouth to open mouth,
    From what I have read the virus usually enters the body through receptors in the nose.

But spreads through aerosolized saliva from the back of the throat.

I open mouth kissed a horse once

- AP

One of the big concerns that was expressed was that the anti-mask crowd will remove masks after loading lift to "make a point" as we've seen time and again across the country and that self-policing is not realistically gonna work.

And you liked it?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by blazes_boylan View Post
    One of the big concerns that was expressed was that the anti-mask crowd will remove masks after loading lift to "make a point" as we've seen time and again across the country and that self-policing is not realistically gonna work.
    Ya think?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Ikon Pass

Even if it’s super conservative, there’s no way I’m riding a lift with randos this season on full lifts. If WP is doing that, then I won’t be skiing the magical trees at the Jane. Oh well.

This seems more problematic on a lift than in other places cuz you can't simply walk away from the maskless person unless you wanna take a big jump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Ya think?

Ikon Pass

This seems more problematic on a lift than in other places cuz you can't simply walk away from the maskless person unless you wanna take a big jump.
    Maskless, hacking person. That’s my fear.
    More so in the bathroom than on the lift.

That's when you start taking video ...

They do not plan to alter lift loading (keep parties separated) and plan to load full chairs unless the County or State requires it (with the exception of possibly the gondola). They believe their science shows this is not necessary. (Similar to what Alterra's CEO said a while back).
    What kind of science is WP doing?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Masks and some sort of separation must be mandatory, no doubt, but I really hope people who are vulnerable or afraid just stay home. Do not make this worse for yourself or others. The virus is gonna do what viruses do, and there will definitely be transmission. We are in the midst of a pandemic.

just give lifties ticket issueing privileges for those not wearing masks.

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    This thread is about as much fun as a raging case of eyeball herpes.
    Seems equivalent.

- AP
    One of my professors did mouth to mouth resuscitation on a baboon that he gave too much valium to. Fortunately for the professor the CPR was unsuccessful.
    Name:  baboon.jpg
Views: 1324
Size:  33.1 KB

Masks and some sort of separation must be mandatory, no doubt, but I really hope people who are vulnerable or afraid just stay home. Do not make this worse for yourself or others. The virus is gonna do what people do, and there will definitely be transmission. We are in the midst of a pandemic.

just give lifties ticket issueing privileges for those not wearing masks.
    Fixed it for you.
    Vulnerable people should stay home? Let's see--balancing the opportunity for someone to do something they love (vulnerable people love skiing as much as everyone else) vs the freedom to not have to do something mildly inconvenient. Seems like the equation comes out in favor of the former. Vulnerable people (probably half this forum) should be able to ski without being afraid. People who are just scared should stay home but I doubt many of them are skiers.

Remember all the bitching last season when the lifts stopped turning? How many people crying about wearing masks would have gladly worn one last season if that would have kept the resorts open? For that matter, keeping the lifts turning this season could well depend on whether people wear them this season. So if you love skiing wear a mask. If you don't love skiing enough to wear a mask stay home. (That's the general "you", not the personal "you". I'd ride a lift with you if there was a space between us. And BTW--my base layer is not getting washed next season. Not once.)

Yes there will still be transmission. Let's keep it to a minimum.
    Last edited by old goat; 09-20-2020 at 05:46 PM.

Becoming increasingly intolerant of Ikon / Alterra - Friday the GM of _________ responded to my email saying ‘yea we’re working out all the items- but we’ve publicly jumped the gun on sharing & need to be more close to the vest...

Then Sugarbush drops the bomb & declares no seasonal programming nor group lessons....

C’Mon Man- get ur communications organized & why is ‘Bush phoning it in on programming?!

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    my professors baboon
    yes. Vulnerable people should stay home when possible. Skiing isn’t a necessity. Hasn’t Fauci been saying this since the beginning?

I’m not trying to be a dick, I just don’t want you (read: my father who’s probably your age) becoming a statistic. Not to mention, people complaining about the stats, but then disregarding guidelines.

that’s a good idea though. Get so stanky that people want to hold their breath around you. If they aren’t breathing, they aren’t transmitting this virus?
    Last edited by IrieIbex; 09-20-2020 at 07:14 PM.

And BTW--my base layer is not getting washed next season. Not once.)

Yes there will still be transmission. Let's keep it to a minimum.
    I did this same thing hiking this summer. Wore the same stuff until it got so stanky I couldn't stand wearing it in the car on the way to the trailhead. It seemed to help. The Outdoor Research Echo pieces seem to funk up fast and really hold a funk nicely. This is the year to skip merino and go all synthetic, for sure.

Also, no deodorant, make sure you're holding some dank nugs, and don't shower before heading to the hill. Obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I did this same thing hiking this summer. Wore the same stuff until it got so stanky I couldn't stand wearing it in the car on the way to the trailhead. It seemed to help. The Outdoor Research Echo pieces seem to funk up fast and really hold a funk nicely. This is the year to skip merino and go all synthetic, for sure.

Also, no deodorant, make sure you're holding some dank nugs, and don't shower before heading to the hill. Obviously.
    And if things are really crowded, eat a bean breakfast burrito, skip the bathroom and shit your pants. Works every time.

yes. Vulnerable people should stay home when possible. Skiing isn’t a necessity. Hasn’t Fauci been saying this since the beginning?

I’m not trying to be a dick, I just don’t want you (read: my father who’s probably your age) becoming a statistic. Not to mention, people complaining about the stats, but then disregarding guidelines.

that’s a good idea though. Get so stanky that people want to hold their breath around you. If they aren’t breathing, they aren’t transmitting this virus?
    Gotta remember that vulnerable people interact with those who go skiing.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

And if things are really crowded, eat a bean breakfast burrito, skip the bathroom and shit your pants. Works every time.
    Haha. I got stuck in a bubble top lift in Japan with this guy who smelled like shit and I contemplated trying to jump off.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Was buying some items at the store yesterday. Some old dude started hacking. He had a mask on, but lowered it to hack some more. I took one angry look at the dude, turned around and left. No way in hell, I want to be in that scenario on a chair lift. I guess, you would need to judge which way the wind is blowing, and make sure you are up wind from some random skier on a chair.

ETA: Was skiing in Zermatt about 10 years ago. There were a lot of folks hacking and coughing in the village. I ended up on a gondola with some Dutch folks, one of which was coughing and sniffling. Gondi gets stopped for about 15 minutes, and then starts up again. Two days later I've got severe bronchial infection. So, just imagine that scenario playing out in the COVID era.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Gotta remember that vulnerable people interact with those who go skiing.
    and? That doesn’t make it right for vulnerable people to go out Skiing and get sick, inflate the numbers, then blame Republicans for this mess when both sides are disregarding guidelines. Not to mention that makes us stay closed down and ruins the education of lots of young people, including myself.

One of the biggest things I’m realizing from this virus, is that the current crop of old people are selfish AF. I may catch some heat for that, but I don’t care. A lot of my friends have been talking about this lately. Most people I see without masks are older people in fact.

We close the country dowN for you, then you go out skiing or to the gym or whatever and get sick, then the numbers get bad, round and round we go and we can’t reopen shit. God this is infuriating.

holy shit JONG. seriously? oy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    holy shit JONG. seriously? oy.
    is that all ok though? Please enlighten me to why, I’m happy to change my mind if I’m just flat out wrong.