Page 174 of 268 FirstFirst ... 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... LastLast
Results 4,326 to 4,350 of 6693

Thread: Ikon Pass

Expecting ikon’t ski next year, but bought any way with 2.5 hours on the game clock.

Anyone purchase and not see a screen where you choose your insurance option?
    I want the one mountain not all mountain option.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Expecting ikon’t ski next year, but bought any way with 2.5 hours on the game clock.

I bought a few days ago and never saw an option

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    It’s not available yet apparently. The site says you’ll be able to choose one of the options between September 10th and October 1st.

Jumped ship and went with Mountain Collective. Targhee/JH combo for the 3 of us is 1037 vs 1807 for the Ikon. We usually only get 2 weeks and a weekend out west per year and no way I am giving up access to JH and Aspen for the base. MC makes more sense this year. I just hope they remain solvent.

I know the covid insurance is better with Ikon but $770 is a lot of cash in my world. A bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush.

Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    MC makes more sense this year. I just hope they remain solvent.
    I’m guessing ASC/Altera was a secured creditor for Liftopia and they’ll end up owning the platform.

I’m sure I’ll see you next season and I doubt there’s any type of reservation system here.

Quote Originally Posted by frosted flakes View Post
    It’s not available yet apparently. The site says you’ll be able to choose one of the options between September 10th and October 1st.
    Sweet.
    Too bad huntah isn’t on the list. But yeah, pick the resort in the state with the most cases and risk for the most refund.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Jumped ship and went with Mountain Collective. Targhee/JH combo for the 3 of us is 1037 vs 1807 for the Ikon. We usually only get 2 weeks and a weekend out west per year and no way I am giving up access to JH and Aspen for the base. MC makes more sense this year. I just hope they remain solvent.

I know the covid insurance is better with Ikon but $770 is a lot of cash in my world. A bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush.
    Almost went back to MC. But it’s so different now with walk up rates over $200 bucks. Half off ain’t what it used to be.
    Targhee was tempting though.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by ski-wpk View Post
    Ikon little kids: $169. Local mountain little kids $10. Can’t quite justify for my 2 and 4 year olds!
    I caved at about 11:15 last night and this was a major sticking point.

Agreed. And still have to mess around getting passes at some places. But for us lots of resort combos exist within striking distance so there is no need to pay half price for a day pass.

Group Rate remains the same through 9/1. No increase front before.

PM me for details and codes. You will have all summer to mull it over if you want. Payment plan still available.

For Adult and Young Adult.

Child discount available through the Group, but less than the previous promo.

Thx for the reminder OT. I had finally decided last night the I’d mull it over longer regardless of extra cost and had totally forgotten about the group rate thing.

Great reminder about group rate - will give folks some time to base decisions on a few more months of data. BTW, I finally got back to you with my full 19-20 pass info in a DM -- thanks again for setting this up.

Quote Originally Posted by wurst View Post
    thanks again for setting this up.
    ^^ agreed. shit for $221 including insurance for the 11yr old who skis 50-60 days? dig those maths

Attempted to send you a PM Ottime. Likely sent zero or a dozen. Was going to buy today but would love details on group buy (base non renewal) for the gf. Already have mine.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Group Rate remains the same through 9/1. No increase front before.

PM me for details and codes. You will have all summer to mull it over if you want. Payment plan still available.

For Adult and Young Adult.

Child discount available through the Group, but less than the previous promo.
    Thank you.

og link from groupbuy set up by ottime

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...highlight=ikon

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Ikon Pass went to total fucking garbage when they decided to remove Aspen/Jackson from the base pass. What a fucking joke. JH/Aspen and Alterra caved to some bullshit perceived notion that resorts were overcrowding.

Now they are probably thinking twice about the deal they made. Bet these resorts wish Ikon Passes would show up more this season!

Ikon Base is shit compared to Epic Local now.
    Or maybe it was a marketing decision based on those resorts being "elite" and people would pay the extra. Along with seeming to appease the locals at those resorts they are killing 2 birds with 1 stone so to speak.

Ikon pass is a no brainer for me. My ski club lodge is in between Killington (7 days) and Sugarbush (unlimited) and the drive home on Sunday is shorter if we go to Stratton (also unlimited). That is a lot of skiing. Also plan on hitting Aspen this winter so upper pass made sense. Now if only this BS clears up I'll be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    Or maybe it was a marketing decision based on those resorts being "elite" and people would pay the extra. Along with seeming to appease the locals at those resorts they are killing 2 birds with 1 stone so to speak.

Ikon pass is a no brainer for me. My ski club lodge is in between Killington (7 days) and Sugarbush (unlimited) and the drive home on Sunday is shorter if we go to Stratton (also unlimited). That is a lot of skiing. Also plan on hitting Aspen this winter so upper pass made sense. Now if only this BS clears up I'll be good to go.
    Certainly some marketing at play. There is also a lot at play between JH/Aspen and Alterra. You heard it here first -- soon enough, JH/Aspen/Deer Valley will likely break-off on their own "luxury brand".

Ummm, no.

You heard it here first.
    ...and last.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Certainly some marketing at play. There is also a lot at play between JH/Aspen and Alterra. You heard it here first -- soon enough, JH/Aspen/Deer Valley will likely break-off on their own "luxury brand".
    You realize Aspen is part of the ownership of Alterra, right? I can't see them breaking from their own creation.

They know their customer base better than you. Heck they know their customer better than their customer knows themselves.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Trump suspends work visas for foreigners. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/22/u...gtype=Homepage
    Having a bunch of people from SA come to work in the US ski industry this winter would not be the best idea. I might have to agree with the Trumper on this one.

^^^^^^Pfffft, I am not worried about that, I am more concerned with the escalating case count in the country when it has not fully opened yet. I am very pessimistic the season is happening and getting ready to do the Costco run to stock up on TP & PT again
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Trump suspends work visas for foreigners. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/22/u...gtype=Homepage
    Having a bunch of people from SA come to work in the US ski industry this winter would not be the best idea. I might have to agree with the Trumper on this one.
    Perhaps. But going to be a huge shortage of staff at ski resorts without them.

With no cheap foreign labor, ski resorts might be forced to hire ski bums like the olden days.