Page 178 of 182 FirstFirst ... 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,450 of 4535

Thread: Ikon Pass

I'm going to use my Don King hair photo
    “A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.”
    ― Milton Friedman

Ikon Pass

Anyone else feel like expectations are being lowered for the upcoming season?
    First I got an email from deer valley that lessons, child care etc are being delayed until later, now I read Brighton is pausing pass sales until evaluating social distancing etc. I just feel like it’s too calculated with these announcements today.
    All you locals sound like you may have a country club season. I’m jealous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who says the locals will be able to ride chairs?

Jezuz, if this thing is exploding in hot states right now on the fourth of July, with Fauci talking about 100,000 cases a day soon, how the fuck are ski communities going to open with everyone crammed inside? They were the hotspots in Feb./March.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    Ap
    Don't get too jealous. Lines could be horrible with social distance measures. Imagine one person per chair and 6 feet of spacing while waiting in line. I think a lot of experienced locals will skip resort skiing altogether and stick to the backcountry.

Sent from my 1999 Motorola flip phone

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    Anyone else feel like expectations are being lowered for the upcoming season?
    First I got an email from deer valley that lessons, child care etc are being delayed until later, now I read Brighton is pausing pass sales until evaluating social distancing etc. I just feel like it’s too calculated with these announcements today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My expectation is that my touring gear has a good chance of carrying the vertical load this season. Going to keep a positive attitude along the way and not just be an Eeyore all summer. With VT being quick with the lockdown trigger picking my home mtn, the bush, could net me a rebate.

Good times were had this spring

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200411_164449.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	2.61 MB 
ID:	333211
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

I will curious how accessible closed resort slopes will be this winter. Mammoth patrol were huge dicks about skinning right after the closure. Not sure how long the policy lasted. Usually they are pretty chill about using the seasonally closed areas at your own risk.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Interesting article on ski pass Covid strategy from Bloomberg.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/newsl...ave-the-season

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Interesting article on ski pass Covid strategy from Bloomberg
    At Alterra, Gregory says early pass sales are going “shockingly well,” though he declined to give specifics. “It’s become clear,” he said, “that people are really dreaming about going skiing.”

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    At Alterra, Gregory says early pass sales are going “shockingly well,” though he declined to give specifics. “It’s become clear,” he said, “that people are really dreaming about going skiing.”
    Have to say, I’m shocked to hear that.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    I mean, what did you expect him to say?

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    I mean, what did you expect him to say?
    Well, AFAIK, Vail is a publicly traded company who's numbers are readily available at a keystroke, whereas Alterra (I think) is a privately owned company who does not disclose that kind of info without shareholder approval. Just a guess, but I bet he can't just go sprouting off numbers without getting some kind of "Go-ahead".

The article talks about a cutoff date of Dec 10 to postpone your pass, so not exactly up to date, even though it was published today.

Ikon Pass

Yeah. That is just bad reporting. You have until April 11, 2021 to decide if you want to use your pass.

https://www.ikonpass.com/en/adventur...QaAsxnEALw_wcB

https://snowbrains.com/melbourne-aus...k-operations1/

This isn't a good sign for the upcoming winter in North America especially as the US is failing to get infection rates under control

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Well, AFAIK, Vail is a publicly traded company who's numbers are readily available at a keystroke, whereas Alterra (I think) is a privately owned company who does not disclose that kind of info without shareholder approval. Just a guess, but I bet he can't just go sprouting off numbers without getting some kind of "Go-ahead".
    Vail's sales figures are readily available at a keystroke? What are they?

I don't think his point was that the guy didn't have permission to give out numbers. Even publicly traded companies don't just give out current sales numbers. And any corporate spokesman, for Vail or Alterra, is going to sound positive regardless of what their real sales or real internal thoughts are.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

I sent a few Air B&B owners an email that asked what their refund policy was in the event the town or Mountain of Mammoth was shut down prior to or during my 30 day stay in February. Crickets. I guess I will just have to wait and see what happens
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    has anyone been able to upload a new pass picture? They said that it would be available by a certain date (it isn't) and also said we'd get an email with instructions (I haven't).
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Lockdown hair?
    Oh, my, I was really just wanting to update my daughter's pic, but if they will accept the pictures I have (I've since cut the hair and trimmed the beard) that would make an awesome pass pic.
    Finally figured this out, and thanks for the post, PNWbrit! I now have a pretty awesome pass picture. I wish they cropped it a little less (to see more of the crazy hair and glorious beard) but this is still better than what I had.

Name:  pnuyw0mnhgwpupam1vib.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  5.6 KB
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

Vail's sales figures are readily available at a keystroke? What are they?

I don't think his point was that the guy didn't have permission to give out numbers. Even publicly traded companies don't just give out current sales numbers. And any corporate spokesman, for Vail or Alterra, is going to sound positive regardless of what their real sales or real internal thoughts are.
    http://investors.vailresorts.com/annual-reports

Vail readily gives out plenty of specifics on their sales numbers all the time. They aren't always positive, but yeah sure, they'll put a positive spin on it, that's their job.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    http://investors.vailresorts.com/annual-reports

Vail readily gives out plenty of specifics on their sales numbers all the time. They aren't always positive, but yeah sure, they'll put a positive spin on it, that's their job.
    Annual reports, produced 6 months after the season ended, are hardly the kind of sales figures being discussed here. For example, even if Vail is completely transparent with those sales (I browsed one report and didn't see specifics, just generalities, but I'll assume they're there), the figures at issue now -- current sales -- won't be available until October 2021. And externally, we'd probably never see the detailed breakdown (by month of purchase, location of buyers etc), just an aggregate.

Annual reports, produced 6 months after the season ended, are hardly the kind of sales figures being discussed here. For example, even if Vail is completely transparent with those sales (I browsed one report and didn't see specifics, just generalities, but I'll assume they're there), the figures at issue now -- current sales -- won't be available until October 2021. And externally, we'd probably never see the detailed breakdown (by month of purchase, location of buyers etc), just an aggregate.
    I'm not a VR cheerleader or anything, but I also don't think that they are as evil as people make them out to be. They do release data like pass sales numbers, ticket sales, lodging numbers, etc throughout the season. Last two seasons, I distinctly remember Vail releasing pass sales data, while Alterra held it back. I was just proposing that it might be because they are not a publicly traded company (AFAIK) that has to release annual reports. But really I'm just guessing, maybe Vail is all full of shit and it's all just part of their plan to take over the world.

^^ This is simply the difference between a public and private company. It doesn't mean anything good / bad in either direction.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    ^^ This is simply the difference between a public and private company. It doesn't mean anything good / bad in either direction.
    And that’s my point but someone was complaining that the head honcho at Alterra wasn’t talking specific numbers and this was my guess.

The original point didn't highlight the difference between public and private companies, it was simply that an Alterra spokesperson was painting as rosy a picture as possible, and *you* said that the difference was the public/private thing. It isn't. All corporations do this type of picture painting. Yes, a public corp will eventually have to release lots of numbers (but even there, they don't release all the numbers, such as demographics, timing, etc, because those are proprietary; they simply release numbers like gross sales and revenue).

The fact the Alterra spokesperson painted a rosy picture without releasing sales data has nothing to do with it being a privately held company. It had to do with it being a company, period. VR would do the same thing, and probably has. In fact, public corps in some ways have even more incentive to do spin (share price). It's just that they do at some point have to publicly report certain details (making spin harder). But what VR sales are so far this pre-season is still not public info.

The original point didn't highlight the difference between public and private companies, it was simply that an Alterra spokesperson was painting as rosy a picture as possible, and *you* said that the difference was the public/private thing. It isn't. All corporations do this type of picture painting. Yes, a public corp will eventually have to release lots of numbers (but even there, they don't release all the numbers, such as demographics, timing, etc, because those are proprietary; they simply release numbers like gross sales and revenue).

The fact the Alterra spokesperson painted a rosy picture without releasing sales data has nothing to do with it being a privately held company. It had to do with it being a company, period. VR would do the same thing, and probably has. In fact, public corps in some ways have even more incentive to do spin (share price). It's just that they do at some point have to publicly report certain details (making spin harder). But what VR sales are so far this pre-season is still not public info.
    So now you get it. Cool.

I was chatting with somebody pretty high up at Elan today who has had convos with multiple privately owned resort CEOs/CFOs and they are saying they are looking for the upcoming season. Barring any mandated closures it will be business as "usual". The big changes will be inside with bars/rental areas/food service/ect. He did say that lift lines and chair rides will have to have limited occupancy standards. Im optimistic and have my fingers crossed for some sort of season happening. I did renew my ikon pass after all.

Anyone involved with the ikon pass lawsuit?

Sent from my SM-G973U using TGR Forums mobile app