Page 260 of 268 FirstFirst ... 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 ... LastLast
Results 6,476 to 6,500 of 6693

Thread: Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    We usually end up with an IKON, because we enjoy Mammoth so much and tend to get down there for a week mid winter, for spring break and for late spring/ early summer skiing. While we also like OV and Alpine, we rarely head that way due to the massive traffic and crowd issues up there mid winter. KW at least has very limited parking, and once on the hill, if all the lifts are running, it is very uncrowded.
    Wading through this thread is tough.

What’s the over/under on mammoth? Break even # of days on full ikon? Weighing against a day tix at $170.

Is there a deal to buy now for next season and use it this spring?

I work at a local indie resort and the fam gets passes, which rocks! It’s truly the only way we can financially make it happen. I dream of skiing mammoth more and grew up skiing there. But I also wanna ski with friends at bear valley and KW. There’s no tix reciprocity from mammoth cuz my local ski hill is not alterra-owned.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post

What’s the over/under on mammoth? Break even # of days on full ikon? Weighing against a day tix at $170.

I work at a local indie resort and the fam gets passes, which rocks! It’s truly the only way we can financially make it happen. I dream of skiing mammoth more and grew up skiing there. But I also wanna ski with friends at bear valley and KW. There’s no tix reciprocity from mammoth cuz my local ski hill is not alterra-owned.
    $1059 if you can find a group buy somewhere /$170 = 6.2 days

Buy a 23/24 pass and you can use it in spring 23, after April 10 for Mammoth.
    https://www.ikonpass.com/en/spring-skiing
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Do I get renewal discount on a base if I had a full this season? I put a base pass in my cart and no discount. The full pass in the cart shows the discount.
    That would be sneaky of them...

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Do I get renewal discount on a base if I had a full this season? I put a base pass in my cart and no discount. The full pass in the cart shows the discount.
    That would be sneaky of them...

I haven't bought yet, but I saw the discounted for the base pass in my cart, and I have the full pass this year. $779 renewal price for base, less $10 for the class action voucher = $769.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by ApexSkua View Post
    So Crystal pass is still $1800. Debating going Ikon and seeing if I can use the F&F codes on myself. At least that gets me a few days at Alpental.
    F&F for yourself will not work

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    ... Basically skiers complain, except when they're skiing.
    Snow is too firm, too deep, too sticky, too many bumps, not groomed enough or groomed too much, etc. Boots are too tight or too loose or too cold…

Some are thinking that even while skiing

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I haven't bought yet, but I saw the discounted for the base pass in my cart, and I have the full pass this year. $779 renewal price for base, less $10 for the class action voucher = $769.
    Ok thanks that's exactly my situation.

I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by Lvovsky View Post
    Snow is too firm, too deep, too sticky, too many bumps, not groomed enough or groomed too much, etc. Boots are too tight or too loose or too cold…

Some are thinking that even while skiing
    Anyone who complains while skiing is not a skier, just a tourist. (Caveat--standing in line is not skiing. Complain away.)

So people complain when they sell too many passes. People complain when they limit passes and they can't get one. People complain the passes are too cheap so everyone buys one. People complain that passes are too expensive. Basically skiers complain, except when they're skiing.
    Embrace Nordic and Backcountry. Indy Pass for chairlifts. Prob solved.

Sent you a PM, but I think it is 5/6 days. Just did a quick search and a 5 of 7 day pass for late March starting on next Monday is $812. That pays for the Base Pass. While you'd maybe need more days for the Full, I do believe daily rates are higher during blackout periods, if that is when you are planning to ski and use a pass.

It also allows us to meet friends at Alpine or OV once or twice a season, if that comes up. And I always think about traveling to Red or SLC (but never do, cause that takes time I don't have and money I really do not have).

We started with Ikon while my kid was still young and that first year their pass was something like $79 when purchased in spring, so it was kind of a no brainer to get them out there. It is not $199, but we are now hooked, so until they turn 12....

Oh, can I complain when the chair stops on a cold windy day for 15 minutes? I'm not skiing when that happens, so I think it is allowed and keeps me in the "skier" category.

EDIT: Not sure how early they went on sale, but MM had 4 Pack for $600, including blackout days. Cheaper than Base or Full or day tix if you are looking for just four days. They also have a 3 day you can share with others for $480.

Re complaining--I was on Summit at AM on a cold, windy, stormy day when it stopped for a good half hour just below the crest of the last rise--feeling pretty pissed and sorry for myself until the chair started moving, went over the rise, and I saw the mechanic on top of the lift tower--still working on something. It was a whole lot windier where he was than where we were stopped. I felt stupid and not angry or sorry for myself.. Then I gor off and there was no one with a cocoa voucher so I felt pissed again.

Thanks all!

Threw this out there last year , but can't hurt to get more up to date info.
    With the kids age and school now, in order to get maximum days in we were stuck having to do one of our trips during the dreaded christmas holiday week. Did Jackson and it was actually more than manageable ,helped by stellar pre season snow conditions.

How have some of the more crowded Ikonic mountains been during the holiday weeks? Complete unmanageable shit shows, or have the blackouts on the base passes kept it somewhat tolerable. Thinking the Cottonwoods and Squawlpine for example. How about some still busy but slightly less accessible places like Bachelor? Also considering Big Sky but my understanding that could be wrong is it takes a lot of snow to get the rocks buried there so is even more iffy early season.

Will do more optimal trips later in the year , so while I know Christmas week is beater central and $$$ , I'm dealt the cards I have for at least this one.

I skied over that holiday week in the Cottonwoods this past year. Busy but nothing unmanageable once you're on the hill. The biggest struggle is parking / driving. You either need to head up early for BCC and be parked long before the lifts spin or get a parking reservation at Alta. I don't know what that would be like with kids, but it adds an hour or two to the day for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    I skied over that holiday week in the Cottonwoods this past year. Busy but nothing unmanageable once you're on the hill. The biggest struggle is parking / driving. You either need to head up early for BCC and be parked long before the lifts spin or get a parking reservation at Alta. I don't know what that would be like with kids, but it adds an hour or two to the day for sure.
    Yeah, I've been staying upcanyon at Snowbird every year in the Spring since the kids had ski school and such and trying to deal with the red snake to get them to lessons on time can be a nightmare. Plus it eliminates the ability to make a last minute audible about what mountain to hit based on traffic / parking, etc. The problem with that is in the spring the lodging costs in LCC are manageable, in the peak holiday week, uh, not so much. Last year I used my stash of points from work to stay free in Jackson, and in Aspen over pres weekend. Can't do that in BCC / LCC.

"Alterra Mountain Company Plans to Invest Nearly Half a Billion Dollars in Transformational Changes in the Year Ahead"

https://snowbrains.com/alterra-mount...he-year-ahead/

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    Threw this out there last year , but can't hurt to get more up to date info.
    With the kids age and school now, in order to get maximum days in we were stuck having to do one of our trips during the dreaded christmas holiday week. Did Jackson and it was actually more than manageable ,helped by stellar pre season snow conditions.

How have some of the more crowded Ikonic mountains been during the holiday weeks? Complete unmanageable shit shows, or have the blackouts on the base passes kept it somewhat tolerable. Thinking the Cottonwoods and Squawlpine for example. How about some still busy but slightly less accessible places like Bachelor? Also considering Big Sky but my understanding that could be wrong is it takes a lot of snow to get the rocks buried there so is even more iffy early season.

Will do more optimal trips later in the year , so while I know Christmas week is beater central and $$$ , I'm dealt the cards I have for at least this one.
    Went this year 12/26-28 with my daughter to Snowbird/Alta.

12/26 was fine at Snowbird. Pretty much skied onto lifts. People were mostly traveling after Xmas
    12/27 had an uptick at Alta but wasn’t terrible.
    12/28 pow day/LCC closed until at least 8:30 am was a shit show. Got in line of cars for canyon at 7:40 am, skiing by 11:00…

I’d stay up canyon if you can afford it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Ørion View Post
    "Alterra Mountain Company Plans to Invest Nearly Half a Billion Dollars in Transformational Changes in the Year Ahead"

https://snowbrains.com/alterra-mount...he-year-ahead/
    Fuck 'em. They should be paying for serious transit along the 89 corridor. They can do what they want with the rest of the money, if there is anything left.

Ikon Pass

^this. Instead they’ve killed off shuttle routes. They should be on the hook for filling busses to get cars off the road in Tahoe and fined if they don’t meet the metric. Instead TRPA and placer are more worried about some schmucks 1 room addition

Fuck 'em. They should be paying for serious transit along the 89 corridor. They can do what they want with the rest of the money, if there is anything left.
    While there is no question traffic can be a shitshow, careful what you wish for. As with every road project ever, if you increase capacity, pretty soon you'll be at maximum capacity again. I have yet to hear a single solution that actually makes sense, other than leaving ever earlier as everyone else leaves ever earlier, and that's just a personal solution. They pitched the gondola as something to help traffic. They pitched the new "village" project as something that will help traffic. Do you really want to see what else they might come up with?
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

…..and Crystal Mountain Blvd, and Little Cottonwood Rd, and OR 372…..

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Alterra does pay for a bus on Crystal Mountain Blvd. But Americans hate busses, and hate public transit. Americans like to complain that others won't take the bus while they drive.

Also, Alterra doesn't own Alta, Snowbird, or Bachelor. No one put a gun to these mountains' head and said they had to join Ikon. So why should Alterra have to fix the traffic problems created by these greedy mountains who voluntarily signed up for Alterra/Ikon? Take your beef to the ownership of those mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    While there is no question traffic can be a shitshow, careful what you wish for. As with every road project ever, if you increase capacity, pretty soon you'll be at maximum capacity again. I have yet to hear a single solution that actually makes sense, other than leaving ever earlier as everyone else leaves ever earlier, and that's just a personal solution. They pitched the gondola as something to help traffic. They pitched the new "village" project as something that will help traffic. Do you really want to see what else they might come up with?
    This guy gets it. At this point, anything that is done to alleviate traffic on 89 or LCC or wherever will just attract additional tourists. Is that what the locals want?

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    I'm not talking about increasing car capacity. The most practical solution would be a reversible bus lane with every 15 minute service. Light rail along 89 would be better. There once was a train between Truckee and Tahoe. If Palisades gets its development parking will be greatly reduced (and no longer free)--which wil produce even more gridlock if there is no reasonable alternative. We are drowning in traffic in Truckee because of ski area gridlock--people can't gt to work, emergency vehicles are impeded. Obviously any transit project needs to be guided by Truckee and the counties. Alterra just has to foot the bill. Practical mass transit is what the people of Truckee are begging for; if we don't get it I foresee lawsuits and state of emergency declarations that will have Truckee PD turning cars around at the 80 off ramps. I'm not talking about making it easier for people to get to skiing. I'm talking about making life bearable for the non skers here. But of course a big part of our problem is that skiers think only of ourselves and not our impact on the community.

I don't see mass transit attracting more tourists. If people know they may not be able to use their car when they get here they'll go somewhere else.

https://www.moonshineink.com/opinion...-go-to-school/
    https://www.moonshineink.com/opinion...arled-traffic/
    https://www.moonshineink.com/tahoe-n...-traffic-woes/