Page 140 of 156 FirstFirst ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... LastLast
Results 3,476 to 3,500 of 3888

Thread: Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Sure is. Fuck off. I'm not in the mood.
    100% bitch-made. proven with every post.

At Sunday River and sugarloaf you have to show your Ikon and get a day ticket. Can you have someone else grab it for you? Or do you need to be there, in person, with id? I have skied both places in my Ikon but I can't remember

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Nothing in the ski industry is ever as it seems or is being made out to be - unless you were just buried in an avalanche.

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    At Sunday River and sugarloaf you have to show your Ikon and get a day ticket. Can you have someone else grab it for you? Or do you need to be there, in person, with id? I have skied both places in my Ikon but I can't remember

At Sugarloaf you have to walk to a ticket window or guest services desk and physically present your Ikon pass in person for them to scan and give you a day ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    At Sugarloaf you have to walk to a ticket window or guest services desk and physically present your Ikon pass in person for them to scan and give you a day ticket.
    Can maybe a mom pick it up for hubby and teen?

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Nothing in the ski industry is ever as it seems or is being made out to be - unless you were just buried in an avalanche.

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Can maybe a mom pick it up for hubby and teen?

I guess it depends on the mood of the ticket staff. I have picked up my daughters ticket with her pass for her while she was booting up. YMMV

Does anybody remember when Alta sold a discounted mid-season pass on Feb 1? Did they stop that since IKON was gifted to us by the all knowing one?

Fucking bs that Alta/Bird doesn’t cost extra like jh and aspen and there aren’t more blackout days.

#LCCikonfree
    #Fucktheikonpass

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Lahey View Post
    Fucking bs that Alta/Bird doesn’t cost extra like jh and aspen and there aren’t more blackout days.

#LCCikonfree
    #Fucktheikonpass
    The management at Alta and Snowbird need to know how we feel. They are showing that they don't care about their season pass holders.

You are just realizing that?
    Ooof!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    You are just realizing that?
    No lol. Just grumpy because I'm at work and conditions have been somewhat mediocre lately.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    No lol. Just grumpy because I'm at work and conditions have been somewhat mediocre lately.
    Hadn’t snowed in over a week mediocre conditions and still an ikonic cluster fuck that they have to close the canyon because too much traffic.

Blackout powder day Prez weekend and the place is empty. hmm wonder why?

Fuck the ikon pass and the hoards of beaters that it brings.

seems we need to start doing a lot more whining and crying like Jackson and aspens locals.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Lahey View Post
    Hadn’t snowed in over a week mediocre conditions and still an ikonic cluster fuck that they have to close the canyon because too much traffic.

Blackout powder day Prez weekend and the place is empty. hmm wonder why?

Fuck the ikon pass and the hoards of beaters that it brings.

seems we need to start doing a lot more whining and crying like Jackson and aspens locals.
    Seems to disprove, or at least knock out much of the powder chasing theory about Ikon pass holders if they are still over crowding hills with shit conditions.

I suspect Ikon pass holders do travel a bit more because of the pass options, but I doubt it is really that significantly different. For myself and the Ikon pass holders I know they are traveling about the same amount as before Ikon, and before The mountain collective pass as well.

I would love to see the actually numbers and not just a bunch of whiny skiers. I don't think Ikon has affected Mammoth much, if at all. We still habe incredibly busy days, and fantastic empty days, just like we have had for the past 40 plus years I have been skiing there.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

The big difference in a weekend like last weekend in LCC is all the Ikon pass holders here from out of town that planned their vacations months ago. Before the Ikon pass most season pass holders are locals and would stay home with conditions like we had.

Correct me if I am wrong but all those locals got was a base level pass added on to their Season Pass thereby increasing the crowding at your hill.
    Ooof!

Correct me if I am wrong but all those locals got was a base level pass added on to their Season Pass thereby increasing the crowding at your hill.
    Yup. And we have been seeing a ton of traffic from Tahoe locals as well because of their shitty winter. Meanwhile we can't even get a god damn discount at another Ikon hill. AND they dropped our wasatch benefit days from 6 to 4 this year. One day at Alta when you are partnered with them? That's the best you can do for your loyal customers Snowbird?

Cry me a river. I saw a 10% increase in my seasons pass price and all I get is the dubious value of a preferred parking area.
    Ooof!

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Yup. And we have been seeing a ton of traffic from Tahoe locals as well because of their shitty winter.
    Which just goes to prove that it's the snow not just the pass itself. If the snow in Tahoe was any good they would stay home.

Lots of locals choose to ski just powder days.

Boo fucking hoo. This is the new ski reality. Get used to it.

For those who missed it (and didn't understand the Aspen/JHMR comments), the 20/21 Ikon is up on website and goes on sale next week. Biggest change is JHMR and Aspen will cost extra to add to the basic pass ($150 extra, I guess Basic+). A couple Eastern hills got added as unlimited. Stratton and Sugarbush can expect to become the Crystal Mountain/Solitude of the East.

^^^ Thanks for that.

In the grand scheme, $ 150 to add those hills will mean little to nothing other than to add to the IKON bottom line.
    Ooof!

Upgrading to the top level pass this year.

https://www.ikonpass.com/

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    Upgrading to the top level pass this year.
    Was hoping to see a pic of skins, or a snowmobile, or maybe a chopper...leaves disappointed...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

The IKON pass has definitely affected Utah, but it's also very true that the sudden end of winter in California is a bigger factor. I was already out there and know a bunch of other people who did the same. It's a short, relatively inexpensive flight. I may be back later in March if things don't turn around soon.

^^^ Thanks for that.

In the grand scheme, $ 150 to add those hills will mean little to nothing other than to add to the IKON bottom line.
    Makes upgrading to the regular Ikon a bit more enticing. I've always wanted to ski JH, and Aspen seems like a good spot to hit a few different ski areas while being able to stay in one location, but too many other places on the pass for me to justify the upgrade unless I can convince myself to get the full pass and ski the holidays. Funny how I used to avoid skiing the holidays at all costs, but now it looks like it could be worth spending more for relatively quiet skiing.
    Also interesting that you can get a single mountain pass for Crystal for $1299, or just get a Ikon Base with no blackouts there. I'm sure all the longtime Crystal pass holders appreciate the options.
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Can anyone tell me where I can find an area that has great snow, great terrain, close to a big city or an easy flight, affordable, not crowded, and not on IKON pass or any other mega pass. I'm tired of this IKON bs.