Page 107 of 266 FirstFirst ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 6644

Thread: Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    Steamboat was a zoo last Xmas despite it being blacked on the base pass. I can’t see WP or Copper being any better. My sister from FL and her 20 friends are planning to go to WP this Xmas.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Is she hot?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by ULLRismyco-pilot View Post
    Everywhere will be crowded that time of year. Pretty sure they sell far less Ikons than Epic still though. I'd say it'd still be fun, I don't remember ever waiting in a should-crushing line at Copper and my in-laws like to ski there around that time of year. Pretty tough for the Super B to get a line, and the new lifts are fast AF too (when they aren't breaking down).

PM Simple for the lowdown on secret camping spots.
    Not Kirkwood. Even with the Epic, that place is empty on blackout days. Ski right onto the lift. Even can be that way on a legit powder day. January 1st sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Is she hot?

For a 51 yr old married mother of two teenagers, I guess she’s alright. Kinda hard for me to judge being her brother, ya see

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Not Kirkwood. Even with the Epic, that place is empty on blackout days. Ski right onto the lift. Even can be that way on a legit powder day. January 1st sucks.
    Yeah, when I say "Everywhere" I meant every ski resort in CO. Since OP is driving from the east coast, I'm guessing that the additional 15hr to KW are a deal breaker.

My new theory with these mega passes is that since people aren't paying $100+ a day for a lift ticket, they aren't as inclined to stay out on the hill all day. Instead, they don't mind taking a long lunch at the lodge, or maybe leave early to beat traffic, or if it is cold/windy call it a day and go sit in the hot tub. Maybe they skip a day or two to recover and go shopping. This means that there are fewer people on the hill at a given time, even though there are a shitload of people in town. It also means that showing up at noon means you can have the place to yourself a lot of days. Of course, as always, powder days are the exception.

Yeah, when I say "Everywhere" I meant every ski resort in CO. Since OP is driving from the east coast, I'm guessing that the additional 15hr to KW are a deal breaker.

My new theory with these mega passes is that since people aren't paying $100+ a day for a lift ticket, they aren't as inclined to stay out on the hill all day. Instead, they don't mind taking a long lunch at the lodge, or maybe leave early to beat traffic, or if it is cold/windy call it a day and go sit in the hot tub. Maybe they skip a day or two to recover and go shopping. This means that there are fewer people on the hill at a given time, even though there are a shitload of people in town. It also means that showing up at noon means you can have the place to yourself a lot of days. Of course, as always, powder days are the exception.
    Agree! Kirkwood was fun last spring! Since WP and Copper are the unlimited no blackout spots, I am worried they will be so crowded it sucks. But agree that folks that only ski holidays often are not out for first chair. And they leave half eaten food in the cafeteria!

I <heart> hot tele-moms

It seems to me there are more early risers and early quitters than before. At least in the Tahoe epicville.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    For a 51 yr old married mother of two teenagers, I guess she’s alright. Kinda hard for me to judge being her brother, ya see

But what about the other twenty? We'll spare your sister.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

this is prob a dumbass question, but if have my ikon pass, doesn't it just work at the turnstiles? i don't have to get shit printed?

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Xmas, NYE, Presidents Day Weekend, and Spring Break is one giant holiday now. Starts about December 20 and ends about April 1st. It's the "100-day weekend." Welcome to the new norm.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Xmas, NYE, Presidents Day Weekend, and Spring Break is one giant holiday now. Starts about December 20 and ends about April 1st. It's the "100-day weekend." Welcome to the new norm.
    I'm just trying to figure out when I should come out to hit Big Sky and Jackson. Maybe two trips.

I agree with this. There's a crush from 10-12:30 and then a mini from 1:15-2ish. Outside of those hours there is a big dropoff - at least in Ikonworld.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I'm just trying to figure out when I should come out to hit Big Sky and Jackson. Maybe two trips.
    in all seriousness, I'd suggest coming to JH sometime between January 5th and MLK weekend. snow should be pretty good, holiday crowds gone and rates lowered, and you'll get ahead of the unbelievable ikon crowds. if we have halfway decent snow, if ikon sells 100k-300k more passes than last year, and if everyone who came here for the first time last year tells all their friends how sickgnar it was, it's gonna be a mess from MLK onward, and February should be just a no-go if you have a choice in the matter. it's all relative.

don't wait till february in the hope of getting powder perfection. ski january powder and maybe clip a few rocks in a few spots. way better rates on hotels in January too, or if you're planning to illegally van camp, you'll find a lot less CO-plated vans crowding all the best illegal camping spots.

Just uploaded our pictures this week. Slackers. It is still 85 degrees outside here.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fullStack View Post
    New passes for the kids showed up today.
    There were no lanyards included.
    Repeat: NO LANYARDS!!!

Lots of stickers though.
    The amount of small swag was crazy. Got my daughter's today, too.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Do you get swag if you renewed?

We renewed early and got $30 off last season's early price ($619 vs $649). Also, last year we used our IKON passes at 8 different areas, including in Canada, and could walk on the lifts everywhere except Deer Valley. Really nice not having to hassle with going in and getting your picture taken everywhere like with the Mt. Collective.
    Gravity Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by fullStack View Post
    New passes for the kids showed up today.
    There were no lanyards included.
    Repeat: NO LANYARDS!!!

Lots of stickers though.
    So, new passes sent each year (last year's pass doesn't get used)?

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by Mudfoot View Post
    We renewed early and got $30 off last season's early price ($619 vs $649). Also, last year we used our IKON passes at 8 different areas, including in Canada, and could walk on the lifts everywhere except Deer Valley. Really nice not having to hassle with going in and getting your picture taken everywhere like with the Mt. Collective.
    Yep. We did the math and for us the price was exactly the same Ikon vs Mountain Collective (assuming we did what we did last year). The big difference is the convenience. Huge hassle getting the MC for each place visited.

received my pass today. I have never received so much shit in an envelope before. Decals, games, patches. What a waste
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    received my pass today. I have never received so much shit in an envelope before. Decals, games, patches. What a waste
    Just stick the Ikon stickers on lift poles at each Ikonic resort you visit. I’m sure the “locals” won’t mind.

Pretty sure they will be stoked to be members of the club.

I'm placing my stickers on every Tesla I come across.

Those are pubic hair removal patches. Read the instructions people!

I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    I'm placing my stickers on every Tesla I come across.
    Tesla? Fuck, every Jeep Wrangler with a snowboard rack.

Got mine yesterday. Pretty stoked about it actually. I like the oversized postcard with all the areas on it.
    crab in my shoe mouth