Page 252 of 266 FirstFirst ... 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 ... LastLast
Results 6,276 to 6,300 of 6644

Thread: Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    You shoulda seen it 30 yrs ago
    I see your 30 and raise you ten. And knock another 10 mm off those skis. And yeah, it was great back then.
    Faulkner said "The past is never dead, it's not even past." Maybe it was true for Yoknapatawpha County but it's not true for skiing. Sorry, those days aren't coming back. Learn to live with if you want good, easy to get to skiing. And quit yer bitching.
    (I couldn't misspell Yoknapatawpha close enough to Google it. Had to look up Faulkner and read through the whole wiki,)

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    I was at Solitude about 2004ish for a few days. It snowed 16" every day, we slept on the floor of a patroller who lived across the street, and road bell to bell every day. Our patroller friend was telling us when ropes were gonna drop and where. It was pretty amazing, and we were blown away how dead it was. It was a total ghost town the entire time. We felt like there were more employees than public skiers.
    I feel like stories like this about days like that are never going to happen again…or very rarely.

Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    You shoulda seen it 30 yrs ago
    Bring back the “pay per ride” point cards and turnstiles at the lifts!
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Quote Originally Posted by Spats View Post
    "Solitude" has been renamed to "Multitude."

I remember 20 years ago when there was literally no one there except me, Lumpy, BobMc, and a few other dorks. I had my 9AM pow stash, my 11AM pow stash, and even my 1PM pow stash. I'd even go back to skiing 78mm Snow Rangers if I could have those pow days back with them.
    Dibs, release, iceman, Woodsy, Jeremiah, Ned and Kristen, George and the Fogs, Karl (now Cindy), Burke, Barker (then Como). After that was years of Solisunday with some of the best people I’ve had the fortune of skiing with.

I miss the shit out of those days. My old famous was “Eagle at 11.” We could roll up at 10:45, park down by Eagle and walk onto Eagle to easily find fresh pow somewhere without any effort.

Time marches on…

Thanks for letting me tag along back then as a young rider. I have nothing but fond memories at Soli. So many people I skied with and still call friends today.

Lived in Logan and came down to a gaggle of Wasatchers like Flykdog, BobMc, I believe Ned was there and more. I’m fuzzy. We hit PHorn and came down what this guy thought was the most fun down in thigh deep powder I’d ever rode. That moment is still drilled into my mind as possibly the most fun day I’ve ever had with friends.

Years later Mrs. Woodsy had the displeasure of hearing my acl explode at the top of Postcard. I remember a MacDaddy bringing me both snow in a ziplock and a beer simultaneously. I’ll never forget that help buddy.

That time allowed me to meet so many great skiers and riders. There was always a place to pull up with the Solisunday crowd. Even for a slowboarder. Such a fun time.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I feel like stories like this about days like that are never going to happen again…or very rarely.
    Yeah, my 20's were full of em. 30's were half full of em. 40's, they are getting rare. But yeah, WTF happened to skiing in general? Did we "Grow the Sport" for this shit? Do we need to move to another country to experience blower pow and no crowds?

Anyone have a student referral code? Looking to pick up a pass for my son who's starting school in winter term. Yes, he should pay for his own pass, but he got a full tuition scholarship so this is my reward for him.

does he have a school email yet?
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    does he have a school email yet?
    Yes, he's got his email and schedule for next semester. I know we can buy a slightly discounted pass direct from Ikon, but in the past, student reps had codes/links to save a couple hundred bucks. That would be ideal.

I got a really good deal with just my school email

Yeah, it's $879 for the full pass for students. It was cheaper earlier this year. If you can get a student referral, it's $689.

got it

I paid a lot less than that but I didn’t go for the full pass because I won’t ski Ikon resorts during the holidays

Anyone have much experience with the reservation system? Seems easy enough to make a reservation and they claim there could be a penalty for no showing. I'm curious if night skiing at Brighton actually needs a reservation and if we no show will we be blocked from Brighton the next day? Seems unlikely the Ikon-Boyne systems would be that integrated, put also not that difficult to do technically. If we make good time on the drive, wanting to go night skiing this Saturday with my kids, but also good chance of not.

ha, nevermind...ikon just emailed me a reminder with details, " Reservations are NOT required to ride past 2 p.m."

Anyone know how the Ikon buddy tickets system works? I have a full pass, and it looks like I can email buddy tickets to friends. Do I have to be present with my pass at the same time for redeeming the buddy tickets?

Over a couple of years of having an ikon pass, this is the first time I've found anyone who needed a ticket.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

They get a link and then they are sent to the estore of the resort to buy the ticket. At least that's how it worked at Sun valley when I tested it.

Then buddy redeems ticket.

To answer your question - you do not need to be present.

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    ha, nevermind...ikon just emailed me a reminder with details, " Reservations are NOT required to ride past 2 p.m."
    Cancelation is also *really* easy, so if you don't need a reservation you're just a couple clicks away from staying out of the doghouse.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NBABUCKS1 View Post
    They get a link and then they are sent to the estore of the resort to buy the ticket. At least that's how it worked at Sun valley when I tested it.

Then buddy redeems ticket.

To answer your question - you do not need to be present.
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

The lame thing about the 25% off friends and family discount is they have to be used on the day you ski and can't be used on advanced purchases. But a lot of these Ikon resorts are using variable pricing where you save if you buy in advance and then they jack the price up if you buy on the day you ski. In other words, for some resorts, you can save 25% if you buy advance. And you can save 25% if you use an Ikon friends and family discount. In other works, the perk really isn't a perk.

Buddy has to create an Ikon account and you email them a link, no need to be there. Just about every resort is different and sometimes changes depending who is at the ticket window. Some you have to purchase online others at ticket window. For resorts that don't charge more same day, can be a big savings.

There isn’t much consistency from what I can tell. It all depends on the resort.

What can the TGR dentists and lawyers tell me about this Ikon class action lawsuit from 2019-2020?

https://www.skipasssettlement.com/

I heard about this for the first time this morning on the radio. It seems like I don’t need to do anything other than look for a credit on my Ikon account when I buy next season’s pass.

Anything I’m missing?

Quote Originally Posted by timackie View Post
    What can the TGR dentists and lawyers tell me about this Ikon class action lawsuit from 2019-2020?

https://www.skipasssettlement.com/

I heard about this for the first time this morning on the radio. It seems like I don’t need to do anything other than look for a credit on my Ikon account when I buy next season’s pass.

Anything I’m missing?
    You should have received a notice and filed a claim by the deadline, which has passed. If you timely filed for the credit then it ranges from $10-$150.

In my case, since I used my pass more than 7 days, my credit would only have been $10 (the less you used your pass, the bigger the potential credit. There are gradations.) Not worth my time to fill out forms but YMMV…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I got $10, ikon emailed today.

Wahoooo, $10
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.