Page 85 of 109 FirstFirst ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 2724

Thread: Ikon Pass

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    For what it's worth said friend is a super mellow dude. Have a hard time believing he said anything rude or worthy of a pole attack.

Just skied my IKON days at Big Sky during the week. Lift line at the tram was 45 min. or more every day. Locals can get a regular season pass or pay $1,000 for the season pass which includes tram access. Needless to say they were not happy about the IKONers in the tram line.
    Gravity Junkie

How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all?

I just whip the locals with my pole until they leave the tram line. Get with the Ikon program, we all do it.

SFB gonna have 5 to burn at Alpental, you too bunion!

Saw some helmet stickers yesterday that looked just like the IKON ones, but after looking closer noticed they said "IKNo" with a long vowel bar over the o. Had a good chuckle while immediately lowering my poles from whacking position.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    He “nicely” told the guy so he was attacked? I’m guessing there’s more to the story...
    Yeah, even if this guy wasn’t aggressive, you’ve got to wonder about some Ikoners getting fed up with all the Ikon hate spewing around. Of course Alta locals have always been cunty about those damned traverses, just that now they can blame it on Ikon since the guy with the pole had one.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

I agree, we Ikoners need to fight back. Let's all start breaking poles over their kneecaps. Locals need to show respect, we are IKONIC!

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Friend in SLC, and Alta pass holder was attacked today in Ballroom. He nicely told someone they couldn't stop in the traverse and they hit him hard enough with a pole to break it. Ikon pass holder from NJ. Can't make this shit up!!!
    Ballroom wasn't even open today.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Ballroom wasn't even open today.

Just re-read the text he sent to me. Incident happened yesterday, not today as I originally thought.

ikon bashing in reverse fashion is quite the statement

So, the tram line at Big Sky was just walk on/five minutes a few years ago?

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

No
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."

Exactly.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    I agree, we Ikoners need to fight back. Let's all start breaking poles over their kneecaps. Locals need to show respect, we are IKONIC!
    Tanya Harding has a webinar about this
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Nancy Kerrigan strikes me as more of an Epic type gal but yeah whatever

I’ve thought of Epic Pass a bit more trailer parkish
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

I skied BS a few years ago, snow not particularly great, 6 in beginning of the week and then none, big time wind, low tide, 45 min tram line every day. People always seem to want to blame the "other". Tourists. Bay area people, locals. Asians, anyone they can think of. Someone to blame for the crowds they're as much a cause of as anyone else. Some of you guys come across as whiny bitches, with apologies to actual bitches.

Btw, I was blocked at the ballroom gate by someone taking picture and that was BI (before IKON) too.

FWIW I would have bought a svam only pass this year but IKON was the only pass. I didn't want to travel and have to deal with people who think they own their home mountain. But enjoy your hill while you can. When the snow line in CA is 9K there are going to be so many of us in the Rockies you're all going to move to VT and join AZ.

: -- )

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    I cant speak for big sky but no in 22 sillytude seasons and the dozen that lifts been in ive never seen a honeycomb or other lift line like this and I didn't know 7/8 of the people in it

the biggest problem there is the shitty double rfid gates whose sole purpose is for the ikon vert quantifiers
    like someones gonna skin up silverfork to poach a lift to ski down the front side groomers or beaterbowl
    yo phishshow backwards didn't yur boy blurred and the mircat get his nose or pole bent on the high t by xovers pain train crew a decade ago?
    agroaltatudes nothin new
    its how they roll in the l double c
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -
    ski on in eternal peace

Define "a few years ago"....

Progress happens, I expect large tram lines during sunny, spring break days. Not so much cold and snowy with poor visibility days in Jan. & Feb.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudfoot View Post
    Just skied my IKON days at Big Sky during the week. Lift line at the tram was 45 min. or more every day. Locals can get a regular season pass or pay $1,449.00 for the season pass which includes tram access. Needless to say they were not happy about the IKONers in the tram line.
    The IKON pass has had a large impact on my home mountain. The corp that owns said mountain just raised our season pass prices by 12% and I still do not get any benefits of being a part of the IKON "family".

I may be a whiny bitch but it it comes for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by lotharofthehillpeople View Post
    We thought it couldn't happen. We thought it wouldn't get worse, but the overlords will stop at nothing. The great wreckening (I know this isn't a word, but I'm gonna roll with it) has only just begun. 12 person bubble chairs. Magic carpets 100 yards wide to the summit. Download escalators on big scary faces. THE HORROR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    Define "a few years ago"....
    2 years ago if my failing memory has it right. And it was a sunny, although windy week in March. Windy enough to close the backside lifts all week. Windy enough that they were bombing Big all week despite no new snow, and had to close it for avy risk one day. Great hill, even in low tide. I'll be back, IKON or no IKON.

BTW, what about the impact of all the meetings Big Sky seems to have. When we were there it was rocket scientists. I get brochures for medical meetings at BS all the time. Meet early morning and late afternoon, ski in between.

("Whiny bitch" --we're all whiny bitches from time to time. I'm a whiny bitch about Truckee weekend traffic when I'm trapped in my house. People keep multiplying but the world isn't getting any bigger. The lines and the traffic are going to keep getting worse, no doubt about it, with or without IKON passes.)

The Tram was still walk on until right around 05/06, coincidentally right around the time the BSIA pass was rolled out. It has gradually gotten more crowded. And again, this year the increased crowding was very noticeable especially given the good snow coverage across the west.

Big Sky has been a regular stop on the circuit of different seminars and symposiums. Wilderness Medical has been here for at least 20 years.

For all the back and forth my biggest gripe isn't that IKON is this or that.

It is ALL about our local mountain and that they charge a shitload for a full access seasons pass and then basically give the same thing away for peanuts to folks who do not live here. I gamble on conditions with my money by buying a pre-season pass at a very high rate.

I kind of doubt that about lift lines getting worse. In my view skier counts are destined to fall off a cliff in the next 20 years unless Climate Change forces a lot of less favored areas out of business and concentrates the remaining skiers into a smaller and smaller pond.

Is 7 (full Ikon) or 5 (base) days really the same as a full season pass?