Page 48 of 268 FirstFirst ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 6694

Thread: Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Awesome, but who gets the iron on patch!?
    The 2018 first year commemorative patch? That bad boy is going into a temperature/humidity controlled case. When Altera takes over the ski industry that thing will be the next Babe Ruth rookie card. I can’t believe Altera was so smart to make all of those super awesome patches!

Huh, and I was going to put mine on the spokes of my bicycle.

Rode the lift with a lot of IKON passholes at the Shoe yesterday. Quite popular around these parts.

I've got a tear on a pair of ski pants near the shin. Will probably stick it there, where it will remain unseen on powder days.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Breck is definitely way less crowded this year because of the ikon pass

In 2 days at SVAM I have yet to see anyone with their pass on a lanyard. Sad but true.

I heard a rumor that Ikon passes keep falling off the lanyards. Oh wait, maybe that was the gondolas. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ireallyliketoski View Post
    Breck is definitely way less crowded this year because of the ikon pass
    I hope you’re right.

Anyone remember whether your pass came FedEx or regular mail? Finally on snow tomorrow and have no idea whether we have ours somewhere in the house. Can’t find an email with tracking so assume USPS?

US Mail.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Thx

My pass came with an official hole.
    If anyone needs a template I can trace it

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    My pass came with an official hole.
    If anyone needs a template I can trace it

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk
    That thumbnail is tripping me out. Looks like a Teletubby face.

The Ikon Pass where you automatically become a Protect Our Winters member to travel 1000s of miles to go skiing at different resorts to combat global warming !

Good thing nobody thinks of such things , critical thinking is frowned on when it comes to giant egos laced with butt turns while standing in lift lines talking loudly about yourself !

Resist

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hunt View Post
    The Ikon Pass where you automatically become a Protect Our Winters member to travel 1000s of miles to go skiing at different resorts to combat global warming !

Good thing nobody thinks of such things , critical thinking is frowned on when it comes to giant egos laced with butt turns while standing in lift lines talking loudly about yourself !

Resist
    OK Eeyore. Nothing in your post has anything to do with critical thinking, just a simple observation on your part. Was kinda funny until you pretended to be smarter than anyone.

People travelled on their vacation days way before the Ikon pass, and will continue to do so with our without the pass, placing their bottoms in short turns across the nation but in new locations.

I think one of the allures of the pass is "I COULD ski anywhere!" but the reality is most pass holders can't due to work. But yes there will be an uptick in driving because of the pass.

I haven't paid much attention to Copper or or WP so far this year but I was wanting to hit one or the other tomorrow for some in bounds laps. I've seen plenty of stoke and terrain opening at Breck and A basin and I know Berthoud and Jones have been skiing very well, what's up with WP, looks like you are limited to a small selection of blues with an odd black thrown in. Copper is looking a little better but nothing like Breck. Are they just missing the snow and favorable winds or are they being lazy with openings?

No. Copper is great, but their lift situation is fucked but getting better. Spaulding and Union Peak are open. Was skiing great on Saturday.

Haven't been to WP yet but I don't think they've been getting it as good as Copper.

are they done putting the haul rope up on flyer? it was on the ground sunday/ monday so they had sierra closed as a result of that. if sierra is open again copper is a good choice right now and it is skiing great for early december. copper is typically a little slow to open some things but idk i think they are doing pretty well with that this year between snow coverage and the whole lift thing

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    In 2 days at SVAM I have yet to see anyone with their pass on a lanyard. Sad but true.
    I wear mine with the lanyard so it's close to my heart.

Ok, Copper it is but tossing the skins in just in case we need to bail to Dry Creek or something.

IME, WP/MJ doesn't get good coverage and truly fun (read trees and steeps) until closer to a 60" base. Early directed skiing openings happen, but take the rock skis, and stay out of the woods if you value your legs. What's open had good coverage though, last Sunday.

Sent from my SM-G935V using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

Ikon Pass

I’d rally up to Aspen for this or next weekend. Highlands has the Bowl, Temerity and Steeplechase open.
    Ajax has Walshes, Bell, Glades and the Dumps. The skiing is outstanding.
    Next weekend has a band for the new Base Village opening at Snowmass. Nathanael Ratliff is playing the Belly Up.
    The brand new Limelight has a special $159/night.

Copper was phenomenal this morning, we caught the first opening of the alpine lift terrain and too much was just too much fun. After we tracked that up headed back to super B and caught a tree that had fallen and was pointing up hill. 29 stitches between my thigh and face. I’ll be hanging out in gimp central for a couple weeks and getting some family time (aka credit for future ski trips).

Quote Originally Posted by GPP33 View Post
    Copper was phenomenal this morning, we caught the first opening of the alpine lift terrain and too much was just too much fun. After we tracked that up headed back to super B and caught a tree that had fallen and was pointing up hill. 29 stitches between my thigh and face. I’ll be hanging out in gimp central for a couple weeks and getting some family time (aka credit for future ski trips).
    Oh shit! Sorry!

Fuck GPP33. Where’s that tree so I can avoid it? Damn!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums