Page 246 of 268 FirstFirst ... 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 ... LastLast
Results 6,126 to 6,150 of 6685

Thread: Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    If I have 2 college students, is it better for me to buy them now as a renewal on my account or wait for them to get on campus next year and get a code from the campus rep (have seen those floating around here the past couple of years)?
    https://www.ikonpass.com/en/college

Are their colleges listed in the link above?

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    Anyone ever use the Affirm buy now pay later? I was waiting to put this purchase on a new airline card to easily hit the spend limit, but I don't have the card yet and the deadline is tomorrow. Was thinking of using the 0% affirm deal then paying it off once the card gets here. But I don't want to add a consumer finance account or a hard pull to my credit report just for this. Anyone use this before and know how they report to credit bureaus? Info on Dr. Google is mixed and non specific to iKon.
    I don't know for sure, but I did use Affirm last year. I assume that it is a hard pull and new acct on your credit report, as it is essentially a 0% interest loan. IOW, it's not like it used to be, where Ikon put you on a payment plan. Affirm is independent, I believe, and is simply offering you a 0% loan (and paying ikon off). I had to do a whole application as if it was a loan (and in this thread, Benny rants about having to give them a picture of his driver's license).

I'm just guessing on the hard pull/credit reporting, can't say for sure. Also don't remember terms for prepayment, as in can you finance now and pay it all off a month from now with a credit card. I had it set up to withdraw from my checking account, so no idea about using a credit card.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Anyone ever use the Affirm buy now pay later? I was waiting to put this purchase on a new airline card to easily hit the spend limit, but I don't have the card yet and the deadline is tomorrow. Was thinking of using the 0% affirm deal then paying it off once the card gets here. But I don't want to add a consumer finance account or a hard pull to my credit report just for this. Anyone use this before and know how they report to credit bureaus? Info on Dr. Google is mixed and non specific to iKon.
    Affirm is a soft pull. I have my accounts frozen with the big three and didn't unfreeze it when I used it last year.

It does show up as a consumer finance account though.

My kid just turned 13, should have pulled the trigger sooner on the 5 - 12.
    Any issues with adding another child to my profile that has the same-ish name and is a year younger ?
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Quote Originally Posted by Ørion View Post
    https://www.ikonpass.com/en/college

Are their colleges listed in the link above?
    Thanks, wasn't sure how the college discount worked. That will work for both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I don't know for sure, but I did use Affirm last year. I assume that it is a hard pull and new acct on your credit report, as it is essentially a 0% interest loan. IOW, it's not like it used to be, where Ikon put you on a payment plan. Affirm is independent, I believe, and is simply offering you a 0% loan (and paying ikon off). I had to do a whole application as if it was a loan (and in this thread, Benny rants about having to give them a picture of his driver's license).

I'm just guessing on the hard pull/credit reporting, can't say for sure. Also don't remember terms for prepayment, as in can you finance now and pay it all off a month from now with a credit card. I had it set up to withdraw from my checking account, so no idea about using a credit card.
    OK, gotcha. I only got to the soft pull part where it said i was approved and listed the 0% payment options. I didnt realize there is a whole other layer of hoops to jump through. Oh well, doesnt seem worth the effort and risk since i'm not even sure it can be paid off with a credit card, which defeats the entire purpose. Annoying since I have the new card in my digital wallets now but Ikon doesnt take those, and wont get the physical card for a day or so. would have been nice to use this and grab the points spend bonus, but I guess not in the cards.

OK, gotcha. I only got to the soft pull part where it said i was approved and listed the 0% payment options. I didnt realize there is a whole other layer of hoops to jump through. Oh well, doesnt seem worth the effort and risk since i'm not even sure it can be paid off with a credit card, which defeats the entire purpose. Annoying since I have the new card in my digital wallets now but Ikon doesnt take those, and wont get the physical card for a day or so. would have been nice to use this and grab the points spend bonus, but I guess not in the cards.
    Can't you call the CC company for card number and security code?

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    It gets easier the more you do it.

I'm scheduled to purchase ours today.
    Did it today...

Felt really good.

I told you it got easier the more you did it.

If I have 2 college students, is it better for me to buy them now as a renewal on my account or wait for them to get on campus next year and get a code from the campus rep (have seen those floating around here the past couple of years)?
    I also have two college students... I let *them* take care of that shit themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntmonkey View Post
    This is my first time buying one, so leaning towards the base, but kinda considering base plus for my wife and I. I'm guessing 1 - 2 trips stateside this coming season and the majority in Canadian Rockies...
    I don't know why someone would get the base plus over the full ikon......

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I also have two college students... I let *them* take care of that shit themselves.
    One of the only things I do for them in college. I want to make sure they keep skiing since I know that can be one of the first expenses cut when you are a poor college student (I know I cut back) and then they'll still ski with me when I come visit. Plus my soon to be freshman got a full ride scholarship, so it's a reward.

Apparently Chase wont do that. I asked, they will expedite the card and i've added it to google pay, but cant get the number

Plus my soon to be freshman got a full ride scholarship, so it's a reward.
    That’s amazing, congrats!
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

One of the only things I do for them in college. I want to make sure they keep skiing since I know that can be one of the first expenses cut when you are a poor college student (I know I cut back) and then they'll still ski with me when I come visit. Plus my soon to be freshman got a full ride scholarship, so it's a reward.
    I hear ya... both mine are in BZN, so I *know* they're going to keep skiing, even if it means eating plain rice for the fall term.

And a full ride? Gotdam.

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    I don't know why someone would get the base plus over the full ikon......
    That's what iKon wants everyone to do, decide they want the "plus", realize the full pass is only 60 bones more "and look at how much more you get with it!" and hand them the additional 60 bucks. But then never take advantage of the full pass.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I now have zero excuses to miss Big Sky BBI next season

I'll be seeing the Brokenchair kooks next season too

I'm officially IKONIC, cheapskate bought the base pass

About to upgrade to the Full Pass for the first time. I guess the slow addition of restrictions on the Base pass is working. Or not ... if you were to ask the Jackson/Aspen/Alta locals.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    That's what iKon wants everyone to do, decide they want the "plus", realize the full pass is only 60 bones more "and look at how much more you get with it!" and hand them the additional 60 bucks. But then never take advantage of the full pass.
    hahaha i guess, just to avoid blackout dates that extra 60 would be worth it to me. But I didn't fall for the IKon overload's tricks, we went with an Ikon base for the wife and a 4-pack for myself.

Is anyone else having problems with Ikons site crashing while trying to buy passes? I’ve been trying for a couple hours but it repeatedly crashes at the same spot in the process and gives me this error message page

It's all the former epic passholders jumping ship to Ikon... therefore overloading the system

Does anyone have the details for canadian residents to buy a pass at par? I think they did something that opened for a little while in August a year or two ago.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

I thought prices increase and the discounts end at midnight last night?!? Lying bastards. I could have waited for the damn new card to show up this afternoon

I thought prices increase and the discounts end at midnight last night?!? Lying bastards. I could have waited for the damn new card to show up this afternoon
    They probably extended it because of post #6149.

Ikon Pass

Ugh. This was the hardest year yet to pull the trigger on two adult bases, as well as a 6 and 4 year old. Denver-based btw. I did it though.

I've been trying to buy for two days now, but the site is still just freezing. They're icing me out!