Page 108 of 268 FirstFirst ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 6694

Thread: Ikon Pass

who ya gonna mail it to?

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    who ya gonna mail it to?
    Yer moms
    crab in my shoe mouth

“Open road, endless ride”
    #ikonlife #vanlife

Can’t wait to sew this patch onto my jacket.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4007.JPG 
Views:	165 
Size:	211.2 KB 
ID:	295254

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Tesla? Fuck, every Jeep Wrangler with a snowboard rack.
    ^ another jaded local.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Tesla? Fuck, every Jeep Wrangler with a snowboard rack.
    Somehow, I knew that Benny would have a leased Tesla. Even if only for the front row charging stations... they don't park those slicksters in the back lots.

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    “Open road, endless ride”
    #ikonlife #vanlife

Can’t wait to sew this patch onto my jacket.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4007.JPG 
Views:	165 
Size:	211.2 KB 
ID:	295254
    Going to sew that Patch on my jacket a road trip this spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudfoot View Post
    We renewed early and got $30 off last season's early price ($619 vs $649). Also, last year we used our IKON passes at 8 different areas, including in Canada, and could walk on the lifts everywhere except Deer Valley. Really nice not having to hassle with going in and getting your picture taken everywhere like with the Mt. Collective.
    I did figure out how to have mtn collective resorts mail out the passes to my house. It was the 2-3 days only and had to add card but at most places I only use free days anyways since I have season pass local. I did go to solitude and was told the days of yore with empty lifts were toast due to ikon.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Alta may not allow snowboards but they do provide a great experience for skiers.
    They signed up with IKON on the minimum number of seasons.
    (Guess you can't sign up for just one season)
    Don't know what that number is, but I doubt they sign again after last year's experience.
    It truly is about the skiing experience at Alta, not the almighty dollar.
    By prohibiting snowboarders they lose ticket sales on whole families.
    This'll change when ownership changes probably.
    Right now Alta is solvent and pays cash for capital improvements.
    Enviable position, eh?
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    Alta may not allow snowboards but they do provide a great experience for skiers.
    They signed up with IKON on the minimum number of seasons.
    (Guess you can't sign up for just one season)
    Don't know what that number is, but I doubt they sign again after last year's experience.
    It truly is about the skiing experience at Alta, not the almighty dollar.
    By prohibiting snowboarders they lose ticket sales on whole families.
    This'll change when ownership changes probably.
    Right now Alta is solvent and pays cash for capital improvements.
    Enviable position, eh?
    A great experience traversing down the mountain.

I kid. Having an AltaBird pass last year was an incredible experience. Couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger this summer so I'll be over the ridge lapping the tram. A few of my good friends ride sideways so it makes the decision harder.

Here's to hoping LCC will be Ikon free in 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    A great experience traversing down the mountain.

I kid. Having an AltaBird pass last year was an incredible experience. Couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger this summer so I'll be over the ridge lapping the tram. A few of my good friends ride sideways so it makes the decision harder.

Here's to hoping LCC will be Ikon free in 2021.
    cg has been quoted as saying that the Keyhole is the best run at Alta!

Bummer the backside is closed more than the High T.
    Makes for unequal quad development.
    Ever notice how Alta skiers have overdeveloped left thighs?
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    HA ! He is a good friend of mine.

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Everybody's passes have arrived except mine. This is a nail biter for sure. The anxiety everyday I go without my pass in the mailbox is eating me alive.

Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Tryingtostaywarm View Post
    Everybody's passes have arrived except mine. This is a nail biter for sure. The anxiety everyday I go without my pass in the mailbox is eating me alive.
    Mine hasn’t. I’m ready to plaster those shitty stickers all over Jackson when I visit.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Mine hasn’t. I’m ready to plaster those shitty stickers all over Jackson when I visit.
    Oh heck yeah.

Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Tryingtostaywarm View Post
    Oh heck yeah.
    Gonna be some interesting interactions in the Tram line if the Ikoners come in hot with the stickers and plaster it up.

Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Gonna be some interesting interactions in the Tram line if the Ikoners come in hot with the stickers and plaster it up.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    i've hard thru grapevine that ikon stickers on helmets get you access to the ski school cut in gate for tram line and 40% discount for on mountain dining....plus free parking
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    i've hard thru grapevine that ikon stickers on helmets get you access to the ski school cut in gate for tram line and 40% discount for on mountain dining....plus free parking
    ikon passholders also get 20% off at teton orthopedics when they destroy themselves skiing rendezvous bowl in a whiteout too.

Quote Originally Posted by LesterSmoove View Post
    ikon passholders also get 20% off at teton orthopedics when they destroy themselves skiing rendezvous bowl in a whiteout too.
    <makes a note>

If someone goes to Jackson, and buys a full priced lift ticket, I wonder if they still receive as much animosity in the tram line.

Quote Originally Posted by ULLRismyco-pilot View Post
    If someone goes to Jackson, and buys a full priced lift ticket, I wonder if they still receive as much animosity in the tram line.
    The answer is no. Many people think Jackson would be better off with high priced lift passes and fewer crowds rather than the high-volume, low-price model of alterra. JHMR is worth a premium.

lots of rumors about what Alterra pays JHMR per ikon skier day, but it might be $30 or lower once they hit a certain number of ikon visits. apparently JHMR management didn't expect it to be used so heavily when they signed the contract. so, no matter what the real numbers are, there is a perception that IKON flooded the mountain with too many people for very little reward. no one really minds a rich guy spending $150/person/day on lift tickets, $150 on lunch for his family at Piste Mountain Bistro, renting skis, and spreading wealth around town, but ikoners have a reputation (deserved or not) as trying to pack 10 denver bros into a 2-bdr condo, brown-bagging lunch and not spending any real money, but then complaining about "everyone is mad at ikon people, but we tourists keep your economy alive!"...no you don't. the tourism economy was doing great before Ikon.

very few people are actually mad at the individual ikon holders, and I have friends who visited on Ikon and stayed in dirt cheap lodging. it's too good of a deal to pass up if you don't live at the base of a mountain, but Ikon itself made a massive difference in the resort experience and that upsets people.

Quote Originally Posted by LesterSmoove View Post
    The answer is no. Many people think Jackson would be better off with high priced lift passes and fewer crowds rather than the high-volume, low-price model of alterra. JHMR is worth a premium.

lots of rumors about what Alterra pays JHMR per ikon skier day, but it might be $30 or lower once they hit a certain number of ikon visits. apparently JHMR management didn't expect it to be used so heavily when they signed the contract. so, no matter what the real numbers are, there is a perception that IKON flooded the mountain with too many people for very little reward. no one really minds a rich guy spending $150/person/day on lift tickets, $150 on lunch for his family at Piste Mountain Bistro, renting skis, and spreading wealth around town, but ikoners have a reputation (deserved or not) as trying to pack 10 denver bros into a 2-bdr condo, brown-bagging lunch and not spending any real money, but then complaining about "everyone is mad at ikon people, but we tourists keep your economy alive!"...no you don't. the tourism economy was doing great before Ikon.

very few people are actually mad at the individual ikon holders, and I have friends who visited on Ikon and stayed in dirt cheap lodging. it's too good of a deal to pass up if you don't live at the base of a mountain, but Ikon itself made a massive difference in the resort experience and that upsets people.
    Well, if ya didn't want the bros showing up, maybe you guys should give the TGR guys a little more grief. They put the place on the map long before the IKON.

We had a large increase in the number of friends who came to stay with us last year and didn't put two and two together until February. Then we had two couples that were going to stay with us until ten of their friends decided to tag along. They proceeded to cram all of them in a rented three bed condo down the street.

We're much less accommodating this year.

If you do spread stickers around Jackson, please put them on that crystal.

Well, if ya didn't want the bros showing up, maybe you guys should give the TGR guys a little more grief. They put the place on the map long before the IKON.
    I like stormshow anyways haha. just a difference in magnitude though. JHMR was seeing steadily increasing visitation, and people were generally paying full price for lift passes no matter where they found out about JHMR radness, and that's just the way of the world even if some 40yo bums complain about the good old days. ikon was a sucker punch, or more accurately a swift kick to the balls. the fact that JHMR was on the map is kinda my point.

tgr helped put it on the map, and those who understood were willing to pay. ikon took that existing brand recognition and lowered the cost of entry too much. it ain't just bros. it's just everyone from denver.

me, I'm going to try and just live and let live this winter, do more ski touring and just accept the resort shitshow. it's going to be worse, and it's not worth the stress if we can't do anything about it.

You should have seen the look on the face of the fully kitted out TGR photog up in the Waffle Hut when I told him:
    "I love TGR, but I thought it was just a forum?"!
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...