Page 225 of 268 FirstFirst ... 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 ... LastLast
Results 5,601 to 5,625 of 6694

Thread: Ikon Pass

IKON would never do FT on weekends and holidays. I think they will do the least busy day of each month. (my guess Tue. 01/04, Mon. 02/07, Wed. 03/30). This would make the most sense to me.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

In the past at Squaw what they called dawn patrol was tram to Shirley--by the time you got up there about 8 it was basically an hour skiing on shirley and then an hour on Silvy when it opened at 9, until masses arrived. It cost extra but you got a free one with a pass, you had to sign up and spots were limited. It was always on a Saturday. The one time I did it--for free on a pass-- there was a foot or two of fresh and the hour on Silvy was worth it, and even Shirley wasn't bad because it wasn't groomed. Wake up early to get first tracks on corduroy? No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    IKON would never do FT on weekends and holidays. I think they will do the least busy day of each month. (my guess Tue. 01/04, Mon. 02/07, Wed. 03/30). This would make the most sense to me.
    Sorry it’s a weekend & holiday gig.

Where do you see that? This is what I am reading

When can I access Ikon Pass First Tracks during the 21/22 winter season?
    Ikon Pass First Tracks will be available to eligible pass holders one designated morning per month in January, February and March 2022 at each participating destination. Participating destinations will designate the Ikon Pass First Track dates for each month, which may vary by destination. Ikon Pass First Track dates and more details will be announced by November 1, 2021. All dates are subject to change due to weather and operations.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

^ we’ve had First Tracks upgrade on our pass since Ikon originated. Also spend some legit time in the Hot Tub scene @ Tremblant.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    In the past at Squaw what they called dawn patrol was tram to Shirley--by the time you got up there about 8 it was basically an hour skiing on shirley and then an hour on Silvy when it opened at 9, until masses arrived. It cost extra but you got a free one with a pass, you had to sign up and spots were limited. It was always on a Saturday. The one time I did it--for free on a pass-- there was a foot or two of fresh and the hour on Silvy was worth it, and even Shirley wasn't bad because it wasn't groomed. Wake up early to get first tracks on corduroy? No thanks.
    Yeah, but, if they made the corduroy early, and 6 to 12 on top? Fun speed powder cruisers two or three times.
    Last edited by Benny Profane; 04-29-2021 at 09:14 PM.

Name:  26AFD268-5E13-4F5F-971C-4C15CA829E13.jpeg
Views: 1050
Size:  219.5 KB

^^^Not sure whether this has anything to do with the just announced program.

Yeah the first tracks at Steamboat.... super limited terrain, basically you get to be the first to ski all the shit over in wally world. Some good trees but I've always said let them have it. It is nice to time it right for certain rope drops but it usually doesn't work out that way.

My guess is they will start charging for it next year as an upgrade, albeit with a broader scope of limited access.

I also recall you could combine it with a breakfast buffet. I did it once, for some reason... but as you insinuate - the only real advantage was getting over to Sundown before the hordes.

Mammoth MVP pass used to have 4 or so first tracks days. They were nearly always on a Saturday and lifts opened an hour early and included breakfast. Lift openings depended on conditions, so it it is Mammoth on a powder day don't expect the good shit to open until well after normal opening times. Still plenty of good low angle powder in the trees, but nearly all the lower runs get groomed unless it dumped significant since they groomed.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

I have never been offered breakfast, but it's annoying AF that something that is an upgrade is being offered as a freebie. I get it they really want more ppl to purchase the upgrade.

Fuck this freebie. Make them earn it via skinning up before the lifts turn.

Uphilling ain't free at many resorts now, too.

Progress/

Whistler had an Early Ups program. We had one day included with our lodging both times we were there. Load the Whistler Gondi starting at 7am to a buffet breakfast at the top station. Red and Green opened for skiing at 8 and Harmony and Peak at 8:30. We had fun skiing an hour plus of empty runs with no lines full of bacon and eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Fuck this freebie. Make them earn it via skinning up before the lifts turn.

Agreed. Id rather spend the money on some new skins. Ski resorts are becoming like airlines with all of the add ons "for a nominal fee". Leave early, skin up, have a little smoke, and be on your way.

Rolled over my I can’t ski pass.
    $100 more to renew for next year.

Fuck you you fucking fucks. Fuck.
    . . .

I don’t understand
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    I don’t understand
    My credit from last year. Rolled over. Same pass. $100 more. Fugggghhhh

$999 this year. $100 renewal discount. Still $100 more.

I’m hoping this is the end of the I can’t.

I had a decent season. No complaints. But couldn’t use the extra ikon benefits. So rolled over. And now I’m bent over.
    . . .

iirc, Mammoth has had "early ups" for all passholders on the first saturday of every month since at least the Cali4nia pass.
    Includes a free breakfast at mccoy, and the breakfast was actually pretty great.
    aerospace eng with a gravity fetish
    ig

Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post

I had a decent season. No complaints. But couldn’t use the extra ikon benefits. So rolled over. And now I’m bent over.
    sorry

this is the first time I’ve ever bought a pass and I got a good student deal and I’ve already got five days on it so I’m happy

did you ever fix your edge you fkn beater?
    🤡
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post

But you only paid 799 last year. They took $200 off the past due to the pandemic situation. You didn’t lose anything. It was not fine print. All this was laid out plain to see in their Assurance policy. Not their fault you did not read it.

For like the 5th time this thread. People are gonna start thinking denoting never read anything.

If it makes things any easier for you, people who used their 20/21 Ikon pass (and people who never bought a 20/21 pass to roll over) also had to pay the same raised price for a 21/22 pass. It's the going rate whether you're paying with cash, refund credit, or converted bitcoin.

15 years ago who would have thought there would be people getting bent out of shape with a $899 ski pass good at like 50 ski areas?
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

I could do more reading but damn there are a lot of if x then y, but not c, unless æ. I certainly got caught out by it and that just sucks. I don't want a legal document, I want a ski pass. Ikon travel is cool and of course a pass good at dozens of resorts is gonna be complex, but I sure wish there was an alpine only pass.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage