Page 183 of 268 FirstFirst ... 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,575 of 6694

Thread: Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Beigner View Post
    I understand the strategy of hedging your bets at your home mountain.
    It's not really a strategy or hedging anything.

I'd buy a season pass there if it wasn't an Ikon pass.

I wish the season pass wasn't an Ikon pass because it has driven numbers to beyond the point of breaking the place. To the same end happily I'd pay more for it to not be an Ikon mountain if it drove down numbers.

I think it highly likely that I will easily break even on buying what they're selling at the moment over buying day tickets though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Anyone know if Ikon child passes are less than $339 if you’re renewing?

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    I haven't chosen yet but it seemed to make more sense to select your home mountain. I figure I'm unlikely to be travelling to other Ikon resorts this season.
    my thinking as well. not trying to game the system, just want some credit if the place I ski the most shuts down.

sadly, that place for me is Eldora these days. Felt really weird to choose it.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Anyone know if Ikon child passes are less than $339 if you’re renewing?
    Not any more. There were discounts up until August 31.

Based on the A Basin announcement of no restrictions for pass holders, I'm considering deferring my Ikon pass to next year and just picking up an A Basin pass for this year. Worried that WP and Copper are going to end up being a shitshow with parking reservations, etc. Anyone else thinking about that idea? If the Ikon resorts came out with their plans for the season it would be much more clear on what to do, but for now I'm mostly just guessing...

Quote Originally Posted by dub2 View Post
    Based on the A Basin announcement of no restrictions for pass holders, I'm considering deferring my Ikon pass to next year and just picking up an A Basin pass for this year. Worried that WP and Copper are going to end up being a shitshow with parking reservations, etc. Anyone else thinking about that idea? If the Ikon resorts came out with their plans for the season it would be much more clear on what to do, but for now I'm mostly just guessing...
    I’m considering the same.
    Do people think parking reservations on weekdays at Copper and WP will be a problem?

I’m considering the same.
    Do people think parking reservations on weekdays at Copper and WP will be a problem?
    I highly doubt weekdays will be an issue. Weekends will probably be a complete zoo. It would really help me to know if Ikon gave us an idea of how pass sales were going.

I'm hearing that Mammoth is planning to operate more or less "normally" this winter. No reservations planned. Just one data point for everyone.

They are changing the ski team program though which seems like a bummer from what we can figure out...
    He who has the most fun wins!

If I select Mammoth as my home mountain, am I no longer able to use the Ikon pass at other resorts if I do get lucky and travel?
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post
    I'm hearing that Mammoth is planning to operate more or less "normally" this winter. No reservations planned. Just one data point for everyone.
    Yeah but the state may tell them otherwise. No one really knows.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    The state of Jefferson???

parking on Mondays at front range resorts might be tough, as most of the school districts are asynchronous that day, so I suspect a lot of parents intend to ski with kiddos. ISBD already mentioned that, and it's my plan too (if ski racing doesn't happen).
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    If I select Mammoth as my home mountain, am I no longer able to use the Ikon pass at other resorts if I do get lucky and travel?
    I'm no expert--good luck trying to get one on the phone--but my understanding is that by picking Mammoth as your home mountain you get a credit towards next year if Mammoth is shut for a certain number of days this season. The amount of the credit depends on how many days it's closed. You can still travel, but if you book a trip to another Ikon resort that shuts due to covid you get nothing. OTOH if you don't pick a home mountain you get a credit if any of the resorts close but unless a lot of them close for a long time the amount you get is trivial.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I'm no expert--good luck trying to get one on the phone--but my understanding is that by picking Mammoth as your home mountain you get a credit towards next year if Mammoth is shut for a certain number of days this season. The amount of the credit depends on how many days it's closed. You can still travel, but if you book a trip to another Ikon resort that shuts due to covid you get nothing. OTOH if you don't pick a home mountain you get a credit if any of the resorts close but unless a lot of them close for a long time the amount you get is trivial.
    OG is correct. And none of this part of their covid "assurance" has anything to do with your pass usage, neither the total amount of days nor the resorts you skied at.

If you stick with the default (all mountains), any refund you might get is based on the total percentage of days closed of all the mountains. So if Mammoth closes for the whole season, but every other resort is open all season, you will only get a small refund, even if you hardly got to ski because Mammoth is your jam. If, however, you designate Mammoth as your home mountain and it closes for 90% of the season, you will get 90% of your purchase price back even if you ski 70 days at other Ikon resorts.

Halfway down this page: https://www.ikonpass.com/en/adventure-assurance is a description of the scenarios.

Don't disagree. I'm just sharing what the Mtn is planning at this point. As opposed to Vail for example. What actually ends up happening ???
    He who has the most fun wins!

Skiing is not essential, unlike hairdressers and tattoo parlors.

Ikon Pass

Have any Ikon mountains like Copper explained their bussing plan from the outer free lots to the village? On weekends, this could be a huge problem. Like a 45 min wait to get into a half full bus. Am I blowing it out of proportion?

I’d suck up the money for pay parking but I think those will fill quick.

Walk to Super Bee or Alpine!
    I'm ready to say "fuck it" and roll with Silverton unguided + Cooper pass.
    I really want to think these big mountains will provide an enjoyable experience, but just can't see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Walk to Super Bee or Alpine!
    I'm ready to say "fuck it" and roll with Silverton unguided + Cooper pass.
    I really want to think these big mountains will provide an enjoyable experience, but just can't see it happening.
    Is there a reasonable way to walk to the Alpine lift from the free lot (with a kid)?

Is there a reasonable way to walk to the Alpine lift from the free lot (with a kid)?
    Bee yes, Alpine, not really.
    Maybe you'll get lucky and get to park in the new "golf course" lot next to A-lift.
    It's going to be very challenging to make the experience enjoyable for my kid, but I'm still going to try!

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Bee yes, Alpine, not really.
    Maybe you'll get lucky and get to park in the new "golf course" lot next to A-lift.
    It's going to be very challenging to make the experience enjoyable for my kid, but I'm still going to try!
    From the Alpine lot to Bee, is there a route other than dodging busses on the main road?

From the Alpine lot to Bee, is there a route other than dodging busses on the main road?
    Yep - it’s across the road from bathrooms. The sign is usually buried in a snowbank

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

bummer

It goes through the golf course and condos. I think its the bike/cart path

Is JHMR telling ikoners to go fuck themselves? Sure seems to be some confused people.