Page 159 of 268 FirstFirst ... 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,975 of 6694

Thread: Ikon Pass

Hello Ikon? I'd like to defer my unused 19/20 pass to 20/21 please.

Neither saving $100 to renew right now or deferring my pass to 21/22 are motivating me to pull the trigger. Way to much uncertainty and who the hell knows what resorts will even be on the pass in two years. I'm waiting.

Latest email--you can defer your 20-21 pass to 21-22 any time before Dec. 10. Not good enough. I can see Squaw saying on Dec. 10 we're going to open and then not doing it and blaming the state. The only way the deferral makes sense is if the pass can be deferred any time before they actually open. They must be getting desperate. I suspect they will yield further when the latest offer doesn't get people to buy.

Got the same email. Not sure if I'm gonna pull the trigger or not. They're definitely listening, though. A lot of people bitching on Instagram and the like, including myself. We'll see what happens. Lot's of uncertainty.

Yeah, I take it back - the Dec 10th thing as a qualifier = no dice, again.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Hello Ikon? I'd like to defer my unused 19/20 pass to 20/21 please.
    end thread
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

On December 10th we are going to know a hell of a lot more than we know now. At some point you as a passholder have to take on some of the risk right? Otherwise what is the point of them selling us a pass?

I think it is a good step in the right direction.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I am not going to pay them money anytime soon. It seems they are just trying random things to see what works

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

It’s certainly a step in the right direction, but I’m not biting now. Come a few days from the May deadline I really don’t see that changing either.

Check out IKON Adventure Assurance.
    https://www.ikonpass.com/en/adventure-assurance-program
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by easyrdr View Post
    Neither saving $100 to renew right now or deferring my pass to 21/22 are motivating me to pull the trigger. Way to much uncertainty and who the hell knows what resorts will even be on the pass in two years. I'm waiting.
    I didn't get the product for which I paid.

I'm not paying any more unless I get more than $100 rebate. That's 1/7th of what we paid when we lost 1/3 of the season.

And don't try to argue they haven't pocketed the money.

What kind of dupes are we supposed to be where we take the risk and they profit?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Ikon Pass

Does pass insurance that you pay for cover job loss? Aside from the mtns being open, ~22 million people lost jobs in the past month with more to come. Job loss possibility + not opening or a majorly reduced season = more of a roll of the dice than a lot of people care to take.
    Last edited by wolfelot; 04-17-2020 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Latest email--you can defer your 20-21 pass to 21-22 any time before Dec. 10. Not good enough. I can see Squaw saying on Dec. 10 we're going to open and then not doing it and blaming the state. The only way the deferral makes sense is if the pass can be deferred any time before they actually open. They must be getting desperate. I suspect they will yield further when the latest offer doesn't get people to buy.
    Echoing OG’s thought process. Obviously the $100 credit fell so flat and on so many deaf ears that they’ve rapidly come up with a new “enticing” offer.

IKON is currently seeking cash flow...that’s what these offers are about. My family of four (with a newborn) are currently waiting to see how things play out before we invest in a 20/21 or 21/22. Coming from homeowners in Squaw Valley who have stayed at home rather than head East.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    On December 10th we are going to know a hell of a lot more than we know now. At some point you as a passholder have to take on some of the risk right? Otherwise what is the point of them selling us a pass?

I think it is a good step in the right direction.

I'll take the risk of a shitty snow season, not the risk that they never open. Their costs if they never open is minimal--except for paying back their investors. That's where your money is going if you buy now--to pay the people who invested millions each with KSL with the promise of big returns.

Plus they're saying no passes sold after 12/10. What a giant fuck you to their passholders. They're treating us as equity investors (ie lottery players) rather than as customers.

Ikon Pass

I can’t imagine they won’t have to sweeten the pot a lot more if they want serious consideration for pass purchases considering the virus situation and economic hardships expanding rapidly.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    I can’t imagine they won’t have to sweeten the pot a lot more if they want serious consideration for pass purchases considering the virus situation and economic hardships expanding rapidly.
    The more we all hold out, the more they will sweeten it up. We're only 2 steps into the dance. I'll see what things look like as it gets closer to the end of May.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I'll take the risk of a shitty snow season, not the risk that they never open. Their costs if they never open is minimal--except for paying back their investors. That's where your money is going if you buy now--to pay the people who invested millions each with KSL with the promise of big returns.

Plus they're saying no passes sold after 12/10. What a giant fuck you to their passholders. They're treating us as equity investors (ie lottery players) rather than as customers.
    Mostly fair. Fuck em.

I think as a pass holder though you are a actually kind of similar to an investor. An amazing deal for a lot for skiing usually in exchange for an upfront investment trusting the corp to give you a return on the investment if it is in the cards. Covid changed or brought the risk we all take every year to the visible part of the equation as you all keep properly pointing out...but still If we want fully refundable first class passes then we should be demanding that product...and expecting to pay a premium. Ikon is a discount product. Like Frontier airlines. Fuck em I choose to pay more to fly Untied.

This year happened and I lost 8 days of skiing I had scheduled on the Ikon but still paid way, way less than a day pass. Ski areas closed about when midwestern ski areas close on a normal shit year so maybe my view is skewed by that.

Everyone is losing their ass to covid. Expecting a bailout from mother devil corp ski lift op is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Mostly fair. Fuck em.

I think as a pass holder though you are a actually kind of similar to an investor. An amazing deal for a lot for skiing usually in exchange for an upfront investment trusting the corp to give you a return on the investment if it is in the cards. Covid changed or brought the risk we all take every year to the visible part of the equation as you all keep properly pointing out...but still If we want fully refundable first class passes then we should be demanding that product...and expecting to pay a premium. Ikon is a discount product. Like Frontier airlines. Fuck em I choose to pay more to fly Untied.

This year happened and I lost 8 days of skiing I had scheduled on the Ikon but still paid way, way less than a day pass. Ski areas closed about when midwestern ski areas close on a normal shit year so maybe my view is skewed by that.

Everyone is losing their ass to covid. Expecting a bailout from mother devil corp ski lift op is ridiculous.
    Nothing personal Ugly...but you aren’t viewed as an investor. Pure cash flow. Everyone should focus on OG’s statements as he is spot on from a fiscal perspective. Some Docs are idiot scientists and some are well rounded. OG has clearly run a business at some time in his life.

Ok then, guess I will wait to buy. I had thought the Dec 10th drop dead date could of been more flexible, like you can move your pass to the next season 21/22 if you haven't used it yet for season 20/21.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Creeker View Post
    Nothing personal Ugly...but you aren’t viewed as an investor. Pure cash flow. Everyone should focus on OG’s statements as he is spot on from a fiscal perspective. Some Docs are idiot scientists and some are well rounded. OG has clearly run a business at some time in his life.
    Nothing but mad respect for Old Goat from me and I know I am cashflow trying to harvest white gold. Frankly I'm out bowing out of this thread anyway due to lack of interest in the product. MC makes way more sense this next year for us at 60% the price point...I just hate the hassle of not being able to go straight to lifts like with Ikon but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Creeker View Post
    No business experience, but like all doctors I am an expert on everything.

Ikon won't see sales until they go half off. Or extend this year's pass to next year, maybe through Jan 1 or something. Believe me, by January 2, they'll be begging us to buy.

2008 crash taught us that ski industry is the first to suffer. And this isn't anywhere near over, we've got a big crash coming before (maybe after) the election - Covid19 or no Covid19.

^^^^This = wisdom
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by yogachik View Post
    2008 crash taught us that ski industry is the first to suffer. And this isn't anywhere near over, we've got a big crash coming before (maybe after) the election - Covid19 or no Covid19.
    Yep. The powder days we had in Tahoe the next few years were glorious. Much shorter lines and less of a traffic shit show, especially compared to the last 5 years with the amount of wealth acquired throughout the bay area since then.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Yep. The powder days we had in Tahoe the next few years were glorious. Much shorter lines and less of a traffic shit show, especially compared to the last 5 years with the amount of wealth acquired throughout the bay area since then.
    I'm hoping for less crowds here in the Wasatch next winter as well.