Page 167 of 268 FirstFirst ... 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,175 of 6693

Thread: Ikon Pass

frankly, knowing what i know about americans, we're gonna get to a point where we wont let this virus fuck up our ski season. it'll become embarassing to get a symptomatic case of the roundboi C19, like, you had it coming. and the rest of us will live our lives. however, realistically, trams might not be running and it'll be reduced capacity. seems like a good time to charge a premium for access to good resorts and a time to find a way to fuck over the average ikon passholder like KKK

Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by LesterSmoove View Post
    frankly, knowing what i know about americans, we're gonna get to a point where we wont let this virus fuck up our ski season. it'll become embarassing to get a symptomatic case of the roundboi C19, like, you had it coming. and the rest of us will live our lives. however, realistically, trams might not be running and it'll be reduced capacity. seems like a good time to charge a premium for access to good resorts and a time to find a way to fuck over the average ikon passholder like KKK
    Look its LesterMolestor

Stop with the klan reference or Ill come hard

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by Kinnikinnick; 05-18-2020 at 06:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Keep dreaming. It's going to be more like only 3 people on a six pack, 2 people on a high speed quad, 6-10' between groups in line. Collins lines back to the parking lot. Tram lines to the bridge. Peruvian lines to the bridge. Reservations necessary with limited people skiing (certain number of season pass holders) on 1st come, first served. It will be like skiing in the '70s. Millennials will get a glimpse of how it was.
    They didn’t have 6 packs in the 70s. Or social distancing.

Did you do a lot of drugs?

Mine was poorly worded. I was referring to the crowds, or lack thereof. For ice-coasters, it will be like skiing Goat or National, and not seeing other people on the hill. For Utards, the slow man probably won't have to worry about being pushed off the high-T

No....I have never done drugs
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post

No....I have never done drugs
    That explains a lot

Reality is for those who can't face drugs.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

There seems to be no word from Alterra on adjustments to get people to buy or extensions of the early deadline. When are they going to announce something?

I don't think they will until after May 27th if their season pass sales are in the toilet. Thinking about social distancing issues and how that could impact / slow down lift operations has me worried as does a second wave of CV 19 outbreaks this winter closing access to the club chalet (cheap lodging). I am really on the fence about buying a pass. I am going to be super bummed out if there is no ski season next winter
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Looks like I get one ikon email a week, one was "due" yesterday. I would expect a barrage with a deadline coming up but so far that hasn't happened. Maybe they will adjust their deal. Edit: got the email about 30 minutes after posting this, indicating the extended deadline.
    Last edited by Danno; 05-20-2020 at 10:48 AM.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

fuck ikon.....

https://www.indyskipass.com

THE REVOLUTION GROWS!
    Seven great new indies join 45 from last season giving you
    52 uncrowded and authentic winter playgrounds for just $199.

Cannon Mountain, NH
    China Peak, CA
    Crystal Mountain, MI
    Granite Peak, WI
    Lutsen Mountains, MN
    Sasquatch Mountain, BC
    Tamarack Resort, ID

If it was 5 or 6 days at each place it would be interesting, but 2 days at each resort isn't going to cut the mustard for me.

It looks like they have extended the early sale date to June, 17. No other changes from what I can tell. I’m surprised it didn’t go to after July 4.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    It looks like they have extended the early sale date to June, 17. No other changes from what I can tell. I’m surprised it didn’t go to after July 4.
    https://www.ikonpass.com/

I hadn't seen that anywhere - which is odd, given the amount of spammy emails they send me - and it's right there on the front page of the website.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

They are obviously not getting to the numbers they want right now in pass sales. My guess is they will push it out even further as the second wave approaches. Remarkable job by their marketing team, unless it's on purpose, to not announce the extension. Perhaps they probably plan on doing it again anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    They are obviously not getting to the numbers they want right now in pass sales. My guess is they will push it out even further as the second wave approaches. Remarkable job by their marketing team, unless it's on purpose, to not announce the extension. Perhaps they probably plan on doing it again anyways.
    Not sure what you mean by not announce it, I got the email about an hour ago (in the once a week, approximately, emails they have been sending).
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    fuck ikon.....

https://www.indyskipass.com

THE REVOLUTION GROWS!
    Seven great new indies join 45 from last season giving you
    52 uncrowded and authentic winter playgrounds for just $199.

Cannon Mountain, NH
    China Peak, CA
    Crystal Mountain, MI
    Granite Peak, WI
    Lutsen Mountains, MN
    Sasquatch Mountain, BC
    Tamarack Resort, ID
    Um, no.

Still not including their Pass Insurance, that's an additional $60.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

I think what IKOn is missing out on is people want to know what is going to happen to their 20/21 pass if all the resorts end up closing on or after Dec 11th. As it is right now, pass holders eat the cost. Which is very much what Epic is not doing. Neither have a perfect solution, but Epic has at least stated that will share the cost. Vail suck, but at least they are getting it. Ikon, for some reason believes people will change their minds if they keep extending the deadline. The problem is is that it is not far enough, or with enough assurance, given the face of the pandemic as it is now. A

Sugarbowl has by far the best policy I have seen. 1% back for every day under 100 they are open. Not based on your personal usage, but number of days they are open.

With the Epic plan, I foresee a slow start to the season for many. Why use up your days skiing over grass and rocks if you will decrease your money back when things hit the fan once the snow has fallen?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Um, no.
    Granite and Lutsen are kick ass Midwestern ski areas and anyone from anywhere can have fun skiing them. I think these are huge additions. I've already had two days at each with my Chestnut pass. I predict Indypass blasts off this year even without the Benny's of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Not sure what you mean by not announce it, I got the email about an hour ago (in the once a week, approximately, emails they have been sending).
    Clearly this shit all just went down. Jax was just posting based on what was in front of her at the time. Everybody take a deep breath. And Steamboat is flat.

Curious since they keep extending if they will still offer the payment plan

Let the duopoly burn in the fiery pit of Covid. Long live https://www.indyskipass.com/ and may greater competition reign.

Does the Indy pass allow one to ski weekends? I looked at some great looking pass like that a few years ago but it was clearly for retired or non working folks. Mid week non holiday only.

Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    Curious since they keep extending if they will still offer the payment plan
    still there for now, at least until that June date.

Glad they extended because I was not ready to commit yet.

Gman is offline Mack Master William Large
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    still there for now, at least until that June date.

Glad they extended because I was not ready to commit yet.
    As someone married to a healthcare worker I can pretty safely say that you won’t know much more by the deadline then you do now. We won’t see a vaccine before the end of the year and while testing is improving, it’s still too early to make a decision about what things look like come December. I think if ikon matched what epic is doing then a lot more people would be on board.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Does the Indy pass allow one to ski weekends? I looked at some great looking pass like that a few years ago but it was clearly for retired or non working folks. Mid week non holiday only.
    The one you are describing sounds similar to the Powder Alliance pass.

Here are the Indy details:

Two all-day or all-night lift tickets at each resort with limited blackouts. Most Indy Pass resorts will NOT have ANY blackouts but if they do, the 21 blackout days are as follows:

Dec. 26, 2020 through Jan. 3, 2021
    Jan. 16, 17, 18, 23, 24, 30, 31, 2021
    Feb. 6, 7, 13, 14, 15, 2021

Indy Pass resorts who tentatively plan to have blackouts include:

Beaver Mountain, UT
    Mission Ridge, WA
    Silver Mountain, ID