Page 151 of 268 FirstFirst ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,775 of 6694

Thread: Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by CaCa857 View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I've recently learned about the Ikon pass when I visited Big3 in Alberta and love everything about it.
    So I've obtained a special group rate with them for the next season in 2020-21 for both Ikon Pass and Ikon Base Pass.
    Please let me know if you are interested in joining my group and I'll send you more info.
    Thank you!
    NOPE. TAKE A FUCKING LAP, JONG.

pm Ottime for the group buy.

Quote Originally Posted by CaCa857 View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I've recently learned about the Ikon pass when I visited Big3 in Alberta and love everything about it.
    So I've obtained a special group rate with them for the next season in 2020-21 for both Ikon Pass and Ikon Base Pass.
    Please let me know if you are interested in joining my group and I'll send you more info.
    Thank you!
    GTFO Jong. We already have a group buy.

bye bye
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Jeez guys you were kinda harsh
    Decisions Decisions

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    This.

I think the diff between 2 days and the 5/7 that ikon offers is the crux of the problem for the locals.
    Yeah, but, the half off over two makes prices tolerable at times, especially if it's cheaper Targhee.

I think some of you are underestimating the number of people who only ski for a week each year on a ski vacation. Those people that were buying Ikon passes and taking their vacations in JH and Aspen now will be paying another $150.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

I’m thinking of going back to mountain collective since JH and aspen are more on ikon. And alta/bird are separate on MC. Half price thing is def a consideration
    Decisions Decisions

Agree^^^

Jh for 3 days and Ghee for 2. Makes for a perfect week. Either Utardia or Aspen/Taos for the other week.

Tempting. Half the price as Ikon for us.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    I think some of you are underestimating the number of people who only ski for a week each year on a ski vacation. Those people that were buying Ikon passes and taking their vacations in JH and Aspen now will be paying another $150.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Really ?

Got any data links to back that up?
    I would think that anyone that can pony up for a resort ski vacation would not have any problem going skiing a few more days elsewhere.
    Unless maybe you live in Miami.

This year's vice-grip to the balls is unusually harsh though maybe is likely the first of grabs by Ikon after they have established their presence. The alternative is MC and that is being manipulated by Alterra in tandem with Ikon pass. Not a positive outlook. Hate to say it.....

Dropping JH and Aspen and not being transparent about it ?? Chicken Sh*t marketing. Not cool.

Faux improvements - new Gondola at Steamboat - capacity not quality of experience, new Golf Course Chair announced today, capacity and marketing, not quality of experience. Been there 4ever for us ..........

The alternative is to support your local, independent mountain and their lack of relative crowds and douchebags. Otherwise, I wish we had straight forward, single mountain pass pricing to support the experience on what is now Disneyland Ikon resorts ..........

Crowns - y0u can stay in F ing Aspen......
    "One Dollar, cheaper than a lift ticket and it lasts forever" Powder Winter 72-73 Issue #1

I mean it’s not THAT expensive, if you’re skiing double digit days a year. Still a value add option
    Decisions Decisions

I'm totally good with the price increase to JH and Vail. JH is WAY overated, and Vail just has stupid crowds. Seems more like a dumb tax to me.
    Last edited by Nevada29er; 03-11-2020 at 11:13 PM.

The circular arguments are pretty fucking entertaining. I'm gonna just keep biting my tongue and watching from a distance..

Thanks for the update
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada29er View Post
    I'm totally good with the price increase to JH and Aspen. JH is WAY overated, and Aspen just has stupid crowds. Seems more like a dumb tax to me.
    Guess I'm stupid then.

JH is WAY overated, and Aspen just has stupid crowds. Seems more like a dumb tax to me.
    It's opposite day, isn't it?
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Alterra just announced a bunch of new expert terrain in Steamboat. Anyone know where this terrain is? Is it off the radio tower?

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Guess I'm stupid then.
    Well, WE are overrated, so there.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Alterra just announced a bunch of new expert terrain in Steamboat. Anyone know where this terrain is? Is it off the radio tower?
    Pretty sure it's the stuff that is currently just OOB served by a gate on the far north run off Pioneer. You would exit the gate, hit some nice meadow/glades, then do a traverse/bit of a sidestep/hike back around inbounds to catch the Pony Express. Vague speculation of extent of new terrain:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	steamboat_expansion.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	250.1 KB 
ID:	319831

I'm totally good with the price increase to JH and Aspen. JH is WAY overated, and Aspen just has stupid crowds. Seems more like a dumb tax to me.
    Urrr, wha????

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    It's opposite day, isn't it?
    I laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Pretty sure it's the stuff that is currently just OOB served by a gate on the far north run off Pioneer. You would exit the gate, hit some nice meadow/glades, then do a traverse/bit of a sidestep/hike back around inbounds to catch the Pony Express. Vague speculation of extent of new terrain:
    I assume this is correct as they've been talking about opening this area up for a couple years.

Edit: Verified.
    https://www.steamboatpilot.com/news/...than-20-years/

Ikon Pass

It is the stuff lookers left of Pony. They’re adding like 20 chairs to Pony in order to help access the new zone. I was there a couple of weeks ago poking around on that boundary rope, that stuff looks sweet back there.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Sorry meant Vail. Aspen is where the rich people go right?