Page 140 of 268 FirstFirst ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... LastLast
Results 3,476 to 3,500 of 6694

Thread: Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    $999 for the unlimited pass. Wow.

In another couple years the duopoly will be charging $1500 per year for their passes.
    We can only hope.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

IKON SESSION PASS 4-DAY
    Includes all 41 destinations with NO BLACKOUTS

This is up to 4 days at each of the resorts on ICON or up to 4 days total??

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    Loveland ticks most of the boxes, but only has good terrain, not great terrain.
    No it doesn’t. It’s cold, flat and boring. Vail ticks the boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ireallyliketoski View Post
    IKON SESSION PASS 4-DAY
    Includes all 41 destinations with NO BLACKOUTS

This is up to 4 days at each of the resorts on ICON or up to 4 days total??
    4 days total. Similar to version Epic did last year.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    We can only hope.
    and prayer
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I'm doing A-Basin next year.

Hey IKON lovers and haters, I just got approval to set up another group buy for 20/21. Look for the new thread in the next few days.

Even if you are renewing early, signing up with the group buy will help the collective. So please check it out. I’ll post a link once I get at the details and get it up.

Prices are set to go up 5/5 and the child discount expires 4/21. So buy early if you want the best prices.

Thanks for your effort on the buy

x2
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

X3.

Any chance the group buy will include a discount even for renewal passes?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Hey IKON lovers and haters, I just got approval to set up another group buy for 20/21. Look for the new thread in the next few days.

Even if you are renewing early, signing up with the group buy will help the collective. So please check it out. I’ll post a link once I get at the details and get it up.

Prices are set to go up 5/5 and the child discount expires 4/21. So buy early if you want the best prices.
    Oh, so you are the problem causing all this lines at sacred ski hill? How does it feel to be loathed by all of The Jackson and Alta/birds skiers?

Even at $999, that is still five days at some hils

Will be checking in on the group buy for next years pass.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Wish I could bring myself to not get an ikon and only do a basin but it’s just tough. Nice having the option for another place nearby when it is a nasty storm skiing day or copper gets 4x as much snow like this past week. Then there’s the option to travel too.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    X3.

Any chance the group buy will include a discount even for renewal passes?
    It won’t. The group buy starting price is slightly less discounted than the renewal. That said, it is worth for the collective to add your self to the group. I’m not allowed to publish details in the forum (social media) this year, so can’t share here. Once everything is confirmed with group buy, I’ll get what I can up in the new thread and go from there. But best pricing is still on the renewal. At least it is for the base pass. I’ll need to double check the math on the others. But if you get your name on the group list anyway, and used your regular renewal, you could contribute to helping a maggot in need. Vague, eh.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Oh, so you are the problem causing all this lines at sacred ski hill? How does it feel to be loathed by all of The Jackson and Alta/birds skiers?

Even at $999, that is still five days at some hils

Will be checking in on the group buy for next years pass.
    Just doing my part.

After reading the ikon thread I was fearing massive crowds at Mammoth last week. We could not find a line.

I skied Snowmass yesterday for three hours and only had to ride up with someone else once. Nice Ikon couple from Boulder, that had never skied the RFV. They were stoked.

Wonder what will happen with the Mountain Collective?

Just doing my part.

After reading the ikon thread I was fearing massive crowds at Mammoth last week. We could not find a line.
    The whole it hasn’t snowed in over a month part probably has a lot to do with that.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    I skied Snowmass yesterday for three hours and only had to ride up with someone else once. Nice Ikon couple from Boulder, that had never skied the RFV. They were stoked.

Had the same experience in Aspen a couple weeks ago. I mean, I don't live there so I really am just talking out of my ass, but it seems all this IKON/Epic hate stems from locals having to line up a little longer on powder days, and the occasional shit-storm of big snow + big crowds + delayed lift openings. Who really knows, though. I bet even resort management isn't sure.

Kinda sucks that our sport needs more people for it to survive, but the best days are when there's nobody else out. Quite the conundrum!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3186.JPG 
Views:	168 
Size:	181.8 KB 
ID:	317887

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    The whole it hasn’t snowed in over a month part probably has a lot to do with that.
    This^^^
    Rentals midweek are down right now. My neighbor below me cleans condos and is only working weekends.
    Good time to get cheap lodging.
    Still busy on the weekends though.
    I will throw our names in the group buy to help out the mystery maggot.

I run a short term rental business in Mammoth and can tell you that Ikon has boosted my business a bit. I see a ton more people from Reno/Tahoe and a few more people from outside of southern California.

Another note, I was in Big Sky a few weeks ago during their big storm cycle and most everyone was complaining about Ikon pass, and although there were some people I met from UT/CO most people were locals, I feel these big storms really bring people out of the woodwork to call in sick and go ski.

All being said, take me back to pre Ikon days and a bad economy when skiing was a bit more mellow.

Next year Aspen and Jackson Hole hitting ikoner's with an 'up charge' .. 150 extra I think to add these 2 resorts.

In effort to 'preserve the experience'

https://www.aspentimes.com/news/aspe...kon-base-pass/

I'd like to see the numbers.
    Knowing ski co, it's just a cash grab.

Quote Originally Posted by snophoto View Post

All being said, take me back to pre Ikon days and a bad economy when skiing was a bit more mellow.
    NCOV-19 has you covered.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    That is what I thought, but talking with the locals they said Presidents week was basically as empty last year. I think it has more to do with not being close to a major airport, population center and does not have the allure of a Jackson Hole or Big Sky.

Quote Originally Posted by snophoto View Post
    Maybe sell the housing stock to locals and get out of the rental business? Less available beds = less crowding. Also = less money for you. Win/win
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Had the same experience in Aspen a couple weeks ago. I mean, I don't live there so I really am just talking out of my ass, but it seems all this IKON/Epic hate stems from locals having to line up a little longer on powder days, and the occasional shit-storm of big snow + big crowds + delayed lift openings. Who really knows, though. I bet even resort management isn't sure.

Kinda sucks that our sport needs more people for it to survive, but the best days are when there's nobody else out. Quite the conundrum!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3186.JPG 
Views:	168 
Size:	181.8 KB 
ID:	317887
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post

In all fairness, you both skied Aspen on weekdays. All hills are different on weekdays vs weekends. I mean, give Ikoner's 20 weekdays a year and black out all the weekends....the weekdays wouldn't suddenly become crowded.

Kind of not fair to say the locals are full of shit about the effects of Ikoner's based purely on weekday skiing.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)