Page 235 of 268 FirstFirst ... 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,875 of 6694

Thread: Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Know how to speaka that Italian talk?
    Si.

Quote Originally Posted by s_curran View Post
    Holy shit lodging is expensive at the mountains in SLC / any of these mountains. Banff seems a bit better. Or, Dolomites or Zermatt seem to be totaling up to be a much cheaper trip for us.

Thanks for the help so far though.
    Skiing IKON in SLC is one of the cheapest deals there is. Just don't stay up in the mountains. You can stay in a cheap motel with tons of low cost food options around town, and I believe the ski shuttle bus to Big and Little CC is still free with an Ikon Pass. You have free tickets at Alta, Snowbird, Solitude, Brighton and Deer Valley and are not subjected to resort prices for anything else. Yeah, the transportation can be a hassle at times, but you are an easy day trip from the four Ikon areas plus Snowbasin. It is a dirtbag's dream vacation, For the cost of one night at an Alta or Bird lodge and a Fast Pass you can ski for a week if you stay and eat in town and play your cards right. Dealer's choice.
    Gravity Junkie

Plus you protect yourself from interlodge by staying in town.

And have zero chance of a country club day….

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

I've never stayed up in the canyon, but if I did, interlodge is something I would dream about happening (because of what comes after), not something I would seek to avoid. But then, I'm not a local like Benny.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I've stayed at the Cliff Lodge a few times. WTF is up with hotels that have windows into the bathroom from the bedroom? I love drinking coffee in the hot tub before rolling out to the tram. Never interlodged though.

The windows into the bathrooms have been gone for years now.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I've never stayed up in the canyon, but if I did, interlodge is something I would dream about happening (because of what comes after), not something I would seek to avoid. But then, I'm not a local like Benny.
    Do you know what interlodge means? It means you can't even walk outside. Even go out on your deck if you had one. Stuck inside. Met someone who had that happen for nearly 72 hours, on a one week vacation. Meanwhile, the people in the valley can drive to Big Cottonwood or Park City or Snowbasin. Or, walk outside.

^^^ yeah, but when they finally unlock things = $

Been interlodged twice at Alta. Good times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

I could do the research but I’m fucking lazy and that’s what you all are for.

What Utah Ikon resort would be good for cheap lot van camping? Weekdays.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    I could do the research but I’m fucking lazy and that’s what you all are for.

What Utah Ikon resort would be good for cheap lot van camping? Weekdays.
    None.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Do you know what interlodge means? It means you can't even walk outside. Even go out on your deck if you had one. Stuck inside. Met someone who had that happen for nearly 72 hours, on a one week vacation. Meanwhile, the people in the valley can drive to Big Cottonwood or Park City or Snowbasin. Or, walk outside.
    I'm still gonna hope for interlodge when we're there. Just on the chance of Country Club.

But I'm no local.

Times have changed. You could be interlodged next to the goods, or you could be sitting in traffic headed to BCC or Snowbasin, or skiing groomers in PC. I know what I'm picking.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Times have changed. You could be interlodged next to the goods, or you could be sitting in traffic headed to BCC or Snowbasin, or skiing groomers in PC. I know what I'm picking.
    Seriously. Interlodge, in its purest sense, fucking blows. You’re out of booze, eating shitty food and you have to listen to the same chumps you can barely fucking stand while skiing, wax poetic non stop in an enclosed space with no escape and no defined end date time.

I don’t care what happens afterwards (usually slow to open and all that fresh snow is sometimes even beat up by sun when it gets open), interlodge is not a desirable or fun experience, after the initial “holy shit this is awesome” wears off.

But yeah, go ahead and keep dreaming about how awesome it is!

What he said

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Country Club Day

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I'm still gonna hope for interlodge when we're there. Just on the chance of Country Club.

But I'm no local.
    You don't want interlodge, you want a slide closing the LCC road before people in town can get up there and them still opening lifts to ski. Interlodge you are stuck inside watching it snow out the window with the lifts closed.
    Gravity Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Mudfoot View Post
    You don't want interlodge, you want a slide closing the LCC road before people in town can get up there and them still opening lifts to ski. Interlodge you are stuck inside watching it snow out the window with the lifts closed.
    I still think Interlodge is a right of passage and should be experienced by every die hard skier. But yeah, what you want is a short one, the road covered in avi debris and an open mountain with no outside access. That shit is $.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Yup. Much cheaper lodging, light-years better food (while also being cheaper than here), drop-dead scenery...

For not having much freedumb, the Euros sure do seem to be living right. Strongly considering becoming an ex-pat in Western Europe if I can just get these goddam kids off the payroll.
    But a house in Italy for one Euro

They bought houses in Italy for 1 euro — and are using them to give back to the community

https://www.washingtonpost.com/trave...omeli-sambuca/

But a house in Italy for one Euro

They bought houses in Italy for 1 euro — and are using them to give back to the community

https://www.washingtonpost.com/trave...omeli-sambuca/
    Yeah... I don't like owning houses. Even cheap ones in Italy.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Well, yeah, I guess. The SLC hills are so crowded that, when that canyon shuts down, the other mountains besides Powder, which limits ticket sales, are swamped. Happened to me the last time I was there, and that's why I won't go back. Too many people in that city and a quick, cheap flight for millions, and it gets worse by the year. Mormons make a lot of babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudfoot View Post
    This. Last time I was there was February 2020 right before the Covid shit hit the fan. Massive slides took out the LCC road (not to mention the parking lot at Alta) and at first we were jealous of those people up there getting interlodged, until it became known that they were stuck up there for three straight days and not allowed to ski at all. Was pretty happy to be skiing powder in the meantime at Solitude and Deer Valley.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

The SLC hills are so crowded that the other mountains besides Powder, which limits ticket sales, are swamped whenever there is fresh snow, interlodge or no interlodge. Too many people in that city and a quick, cheap flight for millions, and it gets worse by the year. Mormons make a lot of babies.
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    This. Last time I was there was February 2020 right before the Covid shit hit the fan. Massive slides took out the LCC road (not to mention the parking lot at Alta) and at first we were jealous of those people up there getting interlodged, until it became known that they were stuck up there for three straight days and not allowed to ski at all. Was pretty happy to be skiing powder in the meantime at Solitude and Deer Valley.

That's when I was there. Sucked sitting in an hour traffic jam just to ski...Deer Valley.

Pretty sure I got Covid on that trip, too.

That's when I was there. Sucked sitting in an hour traffic jam just to ski...Deer Valley.

Pretty sure I got Covid on that trip, too.
    We got out to Deer Valley early (because we stayed in Park City) and it wasn't too crowded once on the mountain.

And yeah, I think I maybe got Covid then too. It was early February though so I thought it was just the worst flu ever.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.