Page 91 of 140 FirstFirst ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 3481

Thread: Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Don’t know why Boyne does not offer that and keep all the money for themselves. Could even limit the number of days to 3,5,7 whatever at different price points.
    They are doing a variation. At Snoqualmie they are giving 3 days at each Boyne resort for Unlimited pass holders.

Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Lots of anti-Ikon stickers popping up around the Bird, not as many at Alta it seems. And yeah, a 10% single year jump is yuge. The biggest difference I've seen at the Bird is there is frequently a 1 tram wait (~110 people/tram) on a hardpack day that in years past would be walk on. No doubt some of it is due to population increase in SLC, but still.

Next year will be interesting as last year you had to buy your Alta or Bird pass by early June to lock in the lowest price. At that time there were no unlimited Ikon resorts in Utah. It seems most non-skierbros I talk too are all about the Ikon for next year. I'm wondering if this will reduce sales of unlimited passes at other resorts? Less locals and more tourists on the average day in LCC? Who knows.
    What a bunch of babies. If LCC has a shit year, they’ll be the first to head elsewhere for the pow.

Population is going up everywhere. Plenty of room in WY, MT and ID.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    They are doing a variation. At Snoqualmie they are giving 3 days at each Boyne resort for Unlimited pass holders.
    So when are you planning your eastern trip to sample Loon, Sunday River, and Sugarloaf?

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    So when are you planning your eastern trip to sample Loon, Sunday River, and Sugarloaf?
    Hopefully never. Big Sky and Brighton, though...

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Hopefully never. Big Sky and Brighton, though...
    Exactly. Crowd-wise Ikon is more of a raw deal for westerners at the resorts with good terrain with all of us easterners coming out (and with westerners traveling to sample the "best" places). Sorry, but if I can't beat 'em, I'll join 'em. I do promise not to stop in the hikes or traverses and certainly not sideslip or otherwise cunt up the skiable lines. Let's call it "Ikon respect locals".

Seriously? No one wants to actually experience the east coast vibe? That’s insane, place has mad stoke. And we love to party. Come ski and then head down to Boston or NYC for some culture and all the whatnots.
    Go on now.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Honest question.... do you think people with the Ikon Pass really get the sense that "locals" are pissed that their resort is getting more crowded? If they're not on TGR and they didn't happen to read the one or two articles about how the LCC resorts are more crowded, I'm willing to bet no one knows or cares.
    A friend of mine since way back in elementary school posted on FB last month and it went something like "We finally made it to Jackson and had a blast. That said, we quickly learned to keep our IKON passes on the downlow, and stop telling people we were from Denver. There sure is a lot of animosity up here."

It only takes a couple of locals bitching about it for someone visiting to get the point.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    What is the percentage of western IKON pass holders coming east to cash in their days at Killington, the Bush, Loon, SR, the Loaf? What if next season the East goes the fuck off, and the West gets skunked, will y’all fly back and beater it up? Just curious.
    0 percent.

I might use a couple days if I fly back East to visit family for the holidays (I have family in NH). But hauling my ski shit on the plane for holiday travel hasn't happened since I had kids. It's probably not happening next year either.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

You would just bring your boots, and then demo a Stockli Laser AR, new for next year, perfect east coast weapon. Or any number of skis that aren’t over 90!
    Go on now
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    A friend of mine since way back in elementary school posted on FB last month and it went something like "We finally made it to Jackson and had a blast. That said, we quickly learned to keep our IKON passes on the downlow, and stop telling people we were from Denver. There sure is a lot of animosity up here."
    Maybe I just ski with friendlier people and do a better job avoiding the pissed off bros... but what are the "locals" doing to create so much animosity for Ikon Pass holders? Peeing in their coffee? Slashing their tires? Calling them names?

Sleeping with their girlfriends, maybe?

Seriously? No one wants to actually experience the east coast vibe? That’s insane, place has mad stoke. And we love to party. Come ski and then head down to Boston or NYC for some culture and all the whatnots.
    Go on now.
    Take a lap.

Go on now.
    Haha that’s funny:

Go on now.
    Can you say hot Italian Jersey babes?!?

Maybe I just ski with friendlier people and do a better job avoiding the pissed off bros... but what are the "locals" doing to create so much animosity for Ikon Pass holders? Peeing in their coffee? Slashing their tires? Calling them names?

Just grumbling from the locals in front and behind in line. ‘Ikon pass ruined this place’.

Stickers up at the Tram in Jackson, etc

Etc.

I didn’t see it as threatening, more humorous. Became a running joke between my cousin and I. “Let’s wear our Ikon passes on our helmets!”
    “Let’s ask these locals if we can cut to the front of the line since we have Ikon passes”

I threatened to stand below the Jackson Tram deck and yell “Ikoners rule and locals drool”

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

What is the percentage of western IKON pass holders coming east to cash in their days at Killington, the Bush, Loon, SR, the Loaf? What if next season the East goes the fuck off, and the West gets skunked, will y’all fly back and beater it up? Just curious.
    No. Are you serious?

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Go on now.
    Are you working for Greg now? Are you Greg?

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Quote Originally Posted by jorion View Post
    Can you say hot Italian Jersey babes?!?
    I remember a trip to NYC in the 80's and our host referred to them as "gum snapping hair piles". Good times!

Nah, the person I referenced is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet, she always has a smile on her face. Kinnikinnick said it well, it's just little things here and there. Maybe it's just Jackson though. Even before IKON it's been a place where it's easy to catch a bit of local attitude.

No, really?

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

A-Basin on mountain collective next season is a real possibility

https://businessden.com/2019/04/11/a...AHtgU8hs7ptWLo

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    Exactly. Crowd-wise Ikon is more of a raw deal for westerners at the resorts with good terrain with all of us easterners coming out (and with westerners traveling to sample the "best" places). Sorry, but if I can't beat 'em, I'll join 'em. I do promise not to stop in the hikes or traverses and certainly not sideslip or otherwise cunt up the skiable lines. Let's call it "Ikon respect locals".
    I got on a traverse on saturday - one I can easily take the entire way out without stopping.

I had to stop 4 times because the people in front of me kept just sorta.... stopping. The first time I asked them nicely to not stop in the traverse but by the end I was definitely just cursing under my breath. I've had so many people yell at me for "not watching out" and "skiing over their tips" on traverses this year and it's so fuckin frustrating. Would you stop dead on the freeway? Then move the fuck to the side before you stop, or at least check behind you.

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    A-Basin on mountain collective next season is a real possibility

https://businessden.com/2019/04/11/a...AHtgU8hs7ptWLo
    Unpossible! MC is dying a slow death.

Quote Originally Posted by boardtodeath View Post
    I got on a traverse on saturday - one I can easily take the entire way out without stopping.

I had to stop 4 times because the people in front of me kept just sorta.... stopping. The first time I asked them nicely to not stop in the traverse but by the end I was definitely just cursing under my breath. I've had so many people yell at me for "not watching out" and "skiing over their tips" on traverses this year and it's so fuckin frustrating. Would you stop dead on the freeway? Then move the fuck to the side before you stop, or at least check behind you.
    People have been stopping on traverses forever, long before IKON. Rumor has it that the Vikings rescuing the young prince on skis were slowed down by gapers on snowshoes, but managed to save the baby. Why do you think they were carrying the axe?
    Name:  vikings.jpg
Views: 680
Size:  120.9 KB
    BTW mastering the step up and around someone stopped on a traverse without losing speed is an essential skiing skill. Dragging a pole tip across them is optional. If you need inspiration watch a Stanley Cup game.

This thread seems to have become a repository of everything people don't like about skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by boardtodeath View Post

"bad place to stop" as i go by, usually accidentally tapping them with my trailing pole. Why is it not common instinct to get out of the path of travel when stopped? First thing i do when i blow up skiing or MTBing is instinctually gather my shit and crawl/roll off the main path or to a safe spot where i then collect my wits and do inventory on my body. My GF who has skied 20+ day/year since 3 years old still stops in bad places and gets pissed when i tell her to take a few sidesteps up off the traverse, or get out from under the roller/cliff if she wants to chat.