Page 245 of 266 FirstFirst ... 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 ... LastLast
Results 6,101 to 6,125 of 6644

Thread: Ikon Pass

Blackouts happen to be when kids are out of school, so don't know why you wouldn't get them a full pass, especially if you get one for yourself.
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

so, I am sure that this is discussed somewhere in here, and maybe the Jackson thread too, but how do reservations work? Were they hard to get?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    so, I am sure that this is discussed somewhere in here, and maybe the Jackson thread too, but how do reservations work? Were they hard to get?
    I had no problem reserving for Jackson this year. Just log in to your account, select JHMR, and the dates you want, and hit submit. Easy peasy.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Can someone with a full or base pass buy friends and family passes during the blackout dates?

We're planning to get my wife a base pass and no pass for me since i have a seasons pass in Utah covered through employment. We travel to Steamboat and Summit County, CO at least once a winter to visit family so trying to do the math if a base pass is worth it for me or just pay for a few F&F passes when in CO? Only used 3 days in steamboat this year so would have been cheaper to for F&F route......

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    Can someone with a full or base pass buy friends and family passes during the blackout dates?

We're planning to get my wife a base pass and no pass for me since i have a seasons pass in Utah covered through employment. We travel to Steamboat and Summit County, CO at least once a winter to visit family so trying to do the math if a base pass is worth it for me or just pay for a few F&F passes when in CO? Only used 3 days in steamboat this year so would have been cheaper to for F&F route......
    I think the passholder has to ski the same day and place as the buddy. So valid any day the pass is valid.
    F&F kind of lame in my opinion because it 25% off window rate and you can get close to that buy buying online ahead of time.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Well, I pulled the trigger on full Ikon. I feel dirty.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Full ikon

I'm not going to do an Abasin pass as they are redundant. I'll buy a 5 pack or an early season pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

It gets easier the more you do it.

I'm scheduled to purchase ours today.

Apologies if this has been mentioned.....

I happened to be sleepless this morning at around 0400 PDT. Turned on the tube to see a 30 second IKON pass ad on CNN. Kinda wigged me out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post

I happened to be sleepless this morning at around 0400 PDT. Turned on the tube to see a 30 second IKON pass ad on CNN. Kinda wigged me out.
    Spending on ads instead of operations. That sounds about right when we pay a year ahead of time.
    No one really expects to be able to ski when it's actually snowing, right?
    Closed for 2 days during the season's biggest storm cycle and now after penny pinching business decisions, extremely limited options during the 2nd biggest.
    I've got an even worse taste in my mouth than normal at the precise moment Ikon wants me to be typing in my cc #.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    F&F kind of lame in my opinion because it 25% off window rate and you can get close to that buy buying online ahead of time.
    That's good to know, I thought the F&F rate was higher. I guess i'll get a 4 or 5 pack then.

Stupid not to, really. One weekend day in Aspen, easily makes the premium worth it.

Ikon Pass

Full Ikon trigger pulled here too. I feel free.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post

Ha! Sleepless in Seattle...I'm thinking on an Ikon this year. Since I actually made it through the season without injury. Like 4 days at Bachelor and I break even

Yup same. But I really wanted to ski Snow Basin after not being there forever, so they got me.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Full Ikon
    Some extra Abasin days (after having a full pass since they went indy) so I can ski there 11 days
    Keystone+

Versus last year, I have enough left over to buy a SIlverton Unguided or a Loveland Mid-Week... or just pocket the cash to spend as needed
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Anyone ever use the Affirm buy now pay later? I was waiting to put this purchase on a new airline card to easily hit the spend limit, but I don't have the card yet and the deadline is tomorrow. Was thinking of using the 0% affirm deal then paying it off once the card gets here. But I don't want to add a consumer finance account or a hard pull to my credit report just for this. Anyone use this before and know how they report to credit bureaus? Info on Dr. Google is mixed and non specific to iKon.

I have always got a card number to use prior to physical card arriving(AK air & Delta), maybe call the credit card company?

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    I have always got a card number to use prior to physical card arriving(AK air & Delta), maybe call the credit card company?
    Yeah Amex is good about this, Chase is spottier.

Trigger pulled. Remember the good old days when you could wait until Labor Day weekend to buy at the best rate? I understand why but it's still a dick move by Ikon.

Last call FYI- their best rate disappears at midnight tonight, NOT at the end of day tomorrow. (Also a dick move).

Fuck Ikon but I have no choice. Although I'm looking forward to skiing Snowbasin a day or two. So conflicted. :/

This is my first time buying one, so leaning towards the base, but kinda considering base plus for my wife and I. I'm guessing 1 - 2 trips stateside this coming season and the majority in Canadian Rockies...

So to answer part of my own question, chase lets me add the new card to a digital wallet, but iKon doesn't take those currently. Dammit. Really don't want to use affirm but can't see another way with the stupid deadline so early. If it was a few days from now no problem. This early commitment BS that Vail started and the industry followed sucks ass

If I have 2 college students, is it better for me to buy them now as a renewal on my account or wait for them to get on campus next year and get a code from the campus rep (have seen those floating around here the past couple of years)?

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    If I have 2 college students, is it better for me to buy them now as a renewal on my account or wait for them to get on campus next year and get a code from the campus rep (have seen those floating around here the past couple of years)?
    Risk vs. reward. If they do the campus rep codes they are excellent - something like 40% off. If they don't you can always buy an Ikon pass for a $100-ish more than now

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    Risk vs. reward. If they do the campus rep codes they are excellent - something like 40% off. If they don't you can always buy an Ikon pass for a $100-ish more than now
    That's kind of what I thought. Plus gives me more time to pay. 7 full Ikons (only 1 child pass) is a tough pill to swallow. 1 student in ID and 1 in UT leads to lots of Ikon based travel skiing.