Page 153 of 268 FirstFirst ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,825 of 6694

Thread: Ikon Pass

U rock
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Glad I did not get a pass now
    watch out for snakes

Is there a deadline for the group purchase deal?
    Does Mammoth have enough pack to run after the extended shutdown? (This storm will enhance those odds.)

Mammoth is getting dumped on right now, and looks like it will continue a day or two which would have saved its season if it stayed open. So, it depends on the shut down, but this pack should now last well into May, where before yesterday May was looking iffy.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by Garfield3d View Post
    That would be a nice sentiment, but I doubt it. Most resorts are offering free refunds on lodging, so they'll probably lean on that as sufficient compensation for the short season. That, and they already offer a $50 discount to passholders who renew for next year.
    And $100 for Full Pass

Someone is starting a class action suit against Vail Resorts for closing down early. Got to love those folks. Maybe they will win and pass prices increase again next year.

I don't see anyone reopening.

Oh, right, thanks for the clarification on $100 off the full pass. I was thinking of $50 for the base pass.

Personally, I'm happy to see that a lot of places are paying their seasonal workers for at least another two weeks, and I'd rather see the money go that direction instead of a bigger discount over a situation that they had little control over.

The problem is the resort workers are only a small fraction of any ski towns economy. Lifties, counter workers and food service people might get paid for two week (how much longer beyond that?), but what about the ski techs off the mountain, rental shop employees, cleaning people at the non-resort owned properties?

Shutting down entire economies of ski towns hurts way more then just the resort owned businesses.

To sum it up...FUCK YOU RUSTY GERGORY AND WHO EVER THE FUCK YOUR EQUIVALENT IS AST VAIL CORP.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Got this message from Ikon:

"These are uncertain and unprecedented times throughout the world. Most Ikon Pass destinations have made the difficult, yet necessary, decision to suspend operations as early as March 15, 2020 in the best interest of their employees, local communities, and guests. (For a complete list of closures, check https://www.ikonpass.com/en/covid-19.)

This is uncharted territory, and announcements are happening quickly, so we have no doubt you may be feeling some frustration. We are moving hour by hour and doing our best to minimize confusion. Please know we are all working diligently to serve you, our valued guests. We are experiencing heavy call, email and social media volume and appreciate your patience and understanding as we work hard to respond to all inquiries. At this time, we are evaluating our policies and next steps, and will communicate more information with you soon.

Ikon Pass sincerely apologizes for the inconvenience and disappointment these changes may have caused you and your family. We very much appreciate your patience, understanding, and continued love of the mountains.

Thank you for your support.

Your Friends at Ikon Pass"

Let's see if they are bold enough to reduce 20/21 prices as compensation.

Hopefully theyll give us some sort of rebate on the Ikon towards next years pass if nothing else.

Still had budgeted for at least 10 more days x 4 of us.

Understand the cash flow challenges at ski areas, but IMO i havent spent the money I paid yet.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Hopefully theyll give us some sort of rebate on the Ikon towards next years pass if nothing else.

Still had budgeted for at least 10 more days x 4 of us.

Understand the cash flow challenges at ski areas, but IMO i havent spent the money I paid yet.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I suppose you could pleas your case on this, but the idea of any blanket refund from ikon sounds like an incredible long shot to me. They got (y)our money and they ain’t likely to give it back.

I think a nice return to business offer would be a 100 dollar discount for returning customers.

Who the fuck is buying next years pass right now?
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I think a nice return to business offer would be a 100 dollar discount for returning customers.
    They cancelled a 1/3 of the season. Anything less than a 25% discount for returning customers is inadequate IMO.
    And yes, I expect to be disappointed.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Who the fuck is buying next years pass right now?
    I can see why people might not.

So now would be the time to throw out the super discounted renewal pass.

Anyone bother to print out the small print when purchasing the pass? It would be interesting to see if there is any language in there about closures.

They already own me three days of skiing while I was in Mammoth and they were shut down. Wouldn't have minded it except patrol were dicks about use skiing up a closed resort. So I say once again "Fuck you Rusty."

iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    I can see why people might not.

So now would be the time to throw out the super discounted renewal pass.
    Notice the shutdown of email pitches. They're mulling some sort of offer and probably extension of early price.

Sort of related - Sierra at Tahoe (nice little independent resort near South Lake Tahoe) announced that they are done for this season. They also announce that current season pass holders will be able to use their passes through the end of the calendar year (December 2020). That's nice of them to do that. However, if next season's pass is regular price for January through April 2021 then it doesn't really make that much of a difference.

I am not buying early. They are going to get very cash starved very soon, and really need some flow as lending tightens. They will throw out crazy offers just to get some $ now. And if you already paid will you get a rebate? Fill out this form, call customer service etc.
    I envision Ikon throwing out some deal, and Epic countering to make a price war. Which will be good for us short term, but long term might not end well.
    I also am holding out on some ski purchases until I see exactly what I want because I think some retail spots are going to feel the squeeze and start unloading stuff to stay solvent and pay the rent.

Gman is offline Mack Master William Large
    I understand this is a shitty situation for everyone that were hoping to get more days out of their pass but I think it's worth keeping in mind what a season pass to some of the resorts use to cost before ikon or epic.

The ikon crowds should be less of an issue next season since we're about to go into a recession. Remember those glorious powder days back in 2009 - 2012 and there were barely any lines (relatively speaking)?

Somebody might wanna take this one off the rotation for a bit

Name:  20200318_145810.jpeg
Views: 644
Size:  60.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    I am not buying early. They are going to get very cash starved very soon, and really need some flow as lending tightens. They will throw out crazy offers just to get some $ now. And if you already paid will you get a rebate? Fill out this form, call customer service etc.
    I envision Ikon throwing out some deal, and Epic countering to make a price war. Which will be good for us short term, but long term might not end well.
    I also am holding out on some ski purchases until I see exactly what I want because I think some retail spots are going to feel the squeeze and start unloading stuff to stay solvent and pay the rent.
    There's no benefit to holding out as far as passes, because they always guarantee that the early season buy is the best deal you'll get. So if they lower the price later, they'd have to refund the early purchasers.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Remember those glorious powder days back in 2009 - 2012 and there were barely any lines (relatively speaking)?
    No, I don't.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

True, but there was one year that Costco came out w a better deal on passes that was not matchable