Page 196 of 268 FirstFirst ... 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 ... LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,900 of 6693

Thread: Ikon Pass

I can sense the shit show coming to Squaw. Don’t worry, I’m ready to blow my head off, so there is one less person you have to wait behind.

I'm not going anywhere near Squawlpine on a weekend... it will be a shit show indeed and they'll probably have to start a reservation system after the first big weekend.

I’m trying to save money, but I’m starting to think I should buy some BC equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonade View Post
    I can sense the shit show coming to Squaw. Don’t worry, I’m ready to blow my head off, so there is one less person you have to wait behind.
    Handle/Post
    Make lemonade guy
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Attachment 343090

Pretty certain were all eff’D..... early AM shot of foliage rides on the Stratton Gondola. No one is geared up & such, so this will only be a longer line come winter.
    Well, first, what's the capacity limit? Solo? Two? I hope not more. So, long line. But, my question is, where are these people sleeping? Eating? Day trippers? Local?
    Vermont is still giving us the best numbers, and here we are in the meat of foliage season. If it survives the next month without a spike, maybe it will be a safe place this winter, but, for me it's the eating part. How that can be made safe is beyond me besides take out.

Soup line at the lift line. Eat it on the gondy? But I'm thinking there will be major lift lines this season. Even on a Wed. when it's pissing snain, with sustained wind of 30mph. People want to be outdoors. Forget bluebird pow days. You might get 3 runs all day. But it's quality over quantity. Am I right?
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Soup line at the lift line. Eat it on the gondy? But I'm thinking there will be major lift lines this season. Even on a Wed. when it's pissing snain, with sustained wind of 30mph. People want to be outdoors. Forget bluebird pow days. You might get 3 runs all day. But it's quality over quantity. Am I right?
    My plan at present involves the purchase is a new Mystery Ranch pack & sorting out my kit, so that if (ok - when) this shitshow goes down, I can just skin for turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaaarrrp View Post
    I hadn't really considered Steamboat but that does sound like a decent option. Thanks for the suggestions. Would have to go from base to unlimited but that's not a huge deal.

I generally would prefer the Utah resorts just because I've been to Steamboat a number of times and only gotten a small taste of Utah, but the pain of going to/from home/work to skiing might make a mountainside place in a town like Steamboat a lot more enjoyable.
    Only a few days left to upgrade.

Thanks for the reminder. Probably a dumb question but I'm guessing an upgraded full pass will transfer to next year if unused this winter?

Not much of a chance I can decide on a place in the next day or two but this is looking likely enough, the $250 seems like a no brainer. Thanks to all for the info and things to think about. Probably looking at around mid Dec-New Years to get out somewhere.

Decisions...decisions...I guess I'm going to pull the trigger before the price increase. At least I can always defer to next season

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    Decisions...decisions...I guess I'm going to pull the trigger before the price increase. At least I can always defer to next season
    Same

So I’m gonna ask again, if I don’t use my pass it will automatically transfer to the following season? I don’t have to log in or any other bullshit?
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    So I’m gonna ask again, if I don’t use my pass it will automatically transfer to the following season? I don’t have to log in or any other bullshit?
    No, I believe you have to defer. No idea how to do this, but know that only the value of the pass transfers. If the price goes up, you are on the hook for the balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ow_My_Balls View Post
    Thanks man
    crab in my shoe mouth

Ikon Pass

Anyone know what the price increases to after tomorrow? And what the absolute last day to buy is?

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Anyone know what the price increases to after tomorrow? And what the absolute last day to buy is?
    It's going up $100. Might be a clock on the website on the countdown to zero when you need to buy. Absolute last day to buy? No idea.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

I caved and bought my Ikon pass yesterday; first time ever. I am now part of the hated, traveling-skier hoarde that will descend on your hill this winter. You're welcome #sorryforpartying

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    I caved and bought my Ikon pass yesterday; first time ever. I am now part of the hated, traveling-skier hoarde that will descend on your hill this winter. You're welcome #sorryforpartying
    No need to apologize, you're just one of several million owners of either an IKON, EPIC, or Mountain Collective pass.

Or a combo thereof.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Thanks man
    You don't get a pass next year, just credit towards a pass. So you will pay the price increase.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Any idea how long til the $300 upgrade option increases or expires? Slept on the $250 option but I see it only went up $50, which isn't that bad if it delays the need the commit.

Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Only a few days left to upgrade.
    Haven’t been paying attn. Did the group buy happen this year?

Edit: Found it. NM I’m lame.

It did happen and closed. It was open for 6 months.

Leta assume you have the month of December to ski with your 3&6 yr old kids everyday. Where do you go?

Sugarbush=easy option
    Steamboat= best snow
    squaw= very weather dependent
    Other ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by VTeton View Post
    Leta assume you have the month of December to ski with your 3&6 yr old kids everyday. Where do you go?

Sugarbush=easy option
    Steamboat= best snow
    squaw= very weather dependent
    Other ideas?
    Go where the snow is?