Page 1 of 266 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Ikon Pass

Ikon Pass

Anyone at SIA and have any additional details about this pass? Based on the list of resorts, I'm guessing it's going to replace the Mountain Collective Pass for 2018/2019. Even has a heli-ski op in the list (CMH).

https://www.ikonpass.com

Edit: They just added a FAQ page and it looks like the Mountain Collective Pass will still be available in 18/19.
    Last edited by ColMan; 01-26-2018 at 08:41 AM.

Following

Introducing the Ikon Pass: Uniting North America’s Premier Mountain Destinations
    Welcome to the New Standard in Passes. One Pass. 23 Destinations.

January 25, 2018 10:30 AM Eastern Standard Time
    DENVER--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Alterra Mountain Company announces its 2018-2019 pass product, the Ikon Pass. North America’s top mountain destinations have joined together to offer skiers and riders the Ikon Pass uniting 12 destinations from Alterra Mountain Company and 11 premier destination partners.

“Aspen Snowmass is about living passionately and in this mountain town that means fully immersing yourself in all this place has to offer”
    Tweet this
    The Ikon Pass gives skiers and riders the opportunity to access nearly 50,000 skiable acres of unique terrain across the continent, with pass privileges that range from full unlimited access to a set number of days that vary by destination. From a weeklong vacation to unlimited days, the Ikon Pass was built with the guest in mind, to provide the best experience possible. With 23 destinations, in nine states and three Canadian provinces, the Ikon Pass is the gateway to a like-minded community, enduring memories, and the most iconic destinations in North America.

The Ikon Pass is a collaboration of seven industry leaders - Alterra Mountain Company, Aspen Skiing Company, Alta Ski Area, Boyne Resorts, Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, POWDR, and Snowbird. Each demonstrates integrity, character and independence that is reflected in their mountains and guests.

Alterra Mountain Company’s destinations are Steamboat, Winter Park Resort, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain, Big Bear Mountain Resort, Stratton, Snowshoe, Tremblant, Blue Mountain, Deer Valley Resort, and CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures.

Ikon Pass partner destinations are Aspen Snowmass, Copper Mountain Resort, Eldora Mountain Resort, Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, Big Sky Resort, Killington Resort, Sunday River, Sugarloaf, Loon Mountain Resort, Alta Ski Area, and Snowbird.

“The Ikon Pass is a collaboration of like-minded mountain destinations across North America where incredible terrain, unique character and local traditions are celebrated,” said Erik Forsell, Chief Marketing Officer for Alterra Mountain Company. “We’ve curated a community of iconic destinations. We believe this new pass offers tremendous opportunity and appeal to mountain enthusiasts who have a passion for outdoor adventure.”

The Ikon Pass will go on sale in the spring and additional information including access specifics by destination, price, sale date and other pass product details will be announced in the coming weeks. Please visit www.ikonpass.com.

Ikon Pass by Location

California: Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain, Big Bear Mountain Resort
    Colorado: Aspen Snowmass, Steamboat, Winter Park Resort, Copper Mountain, Eldora Mountain Resort
    Maine: Sugarloaf, Sunday River
    Montana: Big Sky Resort
    New Hampshire: Loon Mountain Resort
    Utah: Deer Valley Resort, Alta Ski Area, Snowbird
    Vermont: Stratton, Killington Resort
    West Virginia: Snowshoe
    Wyoming: Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
    Ontario, Canada: Blue Mountain
    Quebec, Canada: Tremblant
    British Columbia: CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures - Access to special benefits to be announced soon

Ikon Pass by the Numbers*

Destinations: 23
    States: 9
    Canadian Provinces: 3
    Total Acres: 48,840
    Vertical Drop: 70,192 ft
    Trails: 2,790
    Lifts: 434
    *Does not include totals from CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures

Click here for destination logos and images.

Comments from Destinations

“Aspen Snowmass is about living passionately and in this mountain town that means fully immersing yourself in all this place has to offer,” said Mike Kaplan, President and CEO, Aspen Skiing Company. “The Ikon Pass is comprised of mountains and communities that share our passion for the sport and this lifestyle. We’re excited to be connected to these destinations and look forward to being part of this extended family.”

“Alta Ski Area is pleased to be a partner destination for the Ikon Pass. We feel that Alta’s authentic skiing experience in a natural mountain environment complements the Ikon Pass network of aspirational skiers and the other iconic destinations in the Ikon Pass community,” said Mike Maughan, President and General Manager, Alta Ski Area.

"Boyne Resorts’ Big Sky Resort, Loon Mountain, Sunday River and Sugarloaf are thrilled to collaborate with mountain destinations that share our passion for terrain and the guest experience, and to create a pass that provides the most iconic skiing and riding in North America. The Ikon Pass offers an unparalleled, convenient experience for the ultimate outdoor adventurer," said Stephen Kircher, President of Boyne Resorts.

“Jackson Hole Mountain Resort has a powerful independent spirit which comes from our incredible mountain experience, the Kemmerer family ownership, and the spirit of our employees and guests who make Jackson Hole so special. We have a steadfast commitment to creating a high-quality aspirational experience for our guests,” noted Jerry Blann, Jackson Hole Mountain Resort President. “We believe the new Ikon Pass and its other selected destinations share this same ethos, and for Jackson Hole it is a pleasure to join as an independent partner.”

“There are many pass options out there, and we are proud to collaborate on the inaugural Ikon Pass with the inclusion of POWDR’s Killington, Eldora and Copper Mountain,” said Wade Martin, Chief Revenue Officer of POWDR. “The Ikon Pass is an outstanding pass product for skiers and riders, and we’re excited for new guests to experience what we are all about at POWDR - the local, authentic mountain experience.”

“This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to collaborate with some of the world’s finest destinations, creating truly unique mountain experiences,” said Dave Fields, General Manager of Snowbird. “We are honored to have Snowbird be included in the Ikon Pass.”

About Ikon Pass

The Ikon Pass is the new standard in season passes, connecting the most iconic mountains in North America and delivering authentic, memorable snow adventures. Brought to you by Alterra Mountain Company, the Ikon Pass unlocks access to a community of diverse destinations you want to ski and ride, including Aspen Snowmass, Steamboat, Winter Park Resort, Copper Mountain and Eldora in Colorado; Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California; Jackson Hole Mountain Resort in Wyoming; Big Sky in Montana; Stratton and Killington in Vermont; Snowshoe in West Virginia; Tremblant in Quebec and Blue Mountain in Ontario, Canada; Sunday River and Sugarloaf in Maine; Loon Mountain in New Hampshire; and Deer Valley Resort, Alta and Snowbird in Utah. Special offers will also be available at CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures, the world’s largest heli-skiing operation. For more information on the Ikon Pass, visit www.ikonpass.com.

About Alterra Mountain Company

Alterra Mountain Company is a family of 12 iconic year-round destinations, including the world’s largest heli-ski operation, offering the Ikon Pass, the new standard in season passes. The company owns and operates a range of recreation, hospitality, real-estate development, food and beverage and retail businesses. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado with destinations across the continent, we are rooted in the spirit of the mountains and united by a passion for outdoor adventure. Alterra Mountain Company’s family of diverse playgrounds spans five U.S. states and three Canadian provinces: Steamboat and Winter Park Resort in Colorado; Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California; Stratton in Vermont; Snowshoe in West Virginia; Tremblant in Quebec, Blue Mountain in Ontario; Deer Valley in Utah; and CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in

British Columbia. We honor each destination’s unique character and authenticity and celebrate the legendary adventures and enduring memories they bring to everyone. Alterra Mountain Company also owns Honua Kai Resort and Spa in Hawaii. For more information visit www.alterramtnco.com.

I'm pretty intrigued!
    Interesting mashup of Mtn Collective, MAX and RMSP hills.
    Crested Butte is the only RMSP hill off the ticket in Colorado, for better or worse.

This could be a significant game changer. I wonder what the final details are. I’m sad to see no Crested Butte.

that web site epitomized everything I dislike about the ski industry in one page. but yea if the price is right like the Mountain Collective could be a good deal.
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    that web site epitomized everything I dislike about the ski industry in one page. but yea if the price is right like the Mountain Collective could be a good deal.
    Yeah ... lots of hype, but Aspen, Alta, JHMR and Big Sky caught my attention. It will be interesting to see how they structure this, 'coz from a road-trip perspective the Mountain Collective pass is has you driving quite a bit - having to fill in the blanks with non-participating areas.

OTOH, I can easily see structuring a trip around:

Alta/Bird --> Targhee (paying extra) --> JHMR --> and Big Sky (along one or two non-participating MT areas).

Having the "I woke up too late to do anything else, but go to Eldora" could be a bonus.

Interestingly, the text in the e-mail I received from Eldora today said that the Ikon will replace and improve on the RMSP, so it will likely be quite a bit different in pricing structure from the Mountain Collective pass.

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 01-25-2018 at 11:43 AM.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Interesting that Sun Valley is out of the club.

How about Moonlight Basin, is that now just rolled up into Big Sky.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

banff looks like it is out too

Moonlight was bought by Big Sky in 2013.
    that's all i can think of, but i'm sure there's something else...

I've talked to a large amount of people who are visiting Snowbasin because of the Mountain Collective. If everyone goes to the Ikon pass, I'd be happy to ski emptier slopes at SB.

Definitely intrigued: this with an ABasin midweek pass might be perfect.

BC resorts are out...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using TGR Forums mobile app
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

I don't think this will replace Mountain Collective. It's more of an upgrade, or another level - with the base level pass the MC, then Ikon a tier above.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Interesting that Sun Valley is out of the club.
    The PNW too. Hoping that will be augmented.
    not counting days 2016-17

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Definitely intrigued: this with an ABasin midweek pass might be perfect.
    The combo of the two has my attention as well. This year, it's only the mid-week Basin pass. Next year ???

It would have been nice if they could have pulled together some places in Washington and Western Canada. Oh well ...

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

I predict that MCP would still have the same resorts on it, and the Ikon pass would have a 50% deal at resorts that are only MCP. Any guesses on price? < or > $1000 US?

Quote Originally Posted by skiitsbetter View Post
    I predict that MCP would still have the same resorts on it, and the Ikon pass would have a 50% deal at resorts that are only MCP. Any guesses on price? < or > $1000 US?
    My bet is a series of "locals" passes with unlimited to nearby hills + 3-6 days everywhere else. Probably range widely if it needs to cover both RMSP+ pricing (~$650) and more expensive places like Steamboat, Aspen, AltaBird, JH, Dear Valley etc (~$1300-2000). Or perhaps only a few "locals" passes, and add-on options to the more expensive resorts for ~$300.

And an unlimited pass for ~$2000 for people with lots of $$$ and value flexibility.

I tried to read all that copy and was only somewhat successful. Seems very light on details so far. Will this be an unlimited pass, a fixed number of days, some free days and then a discount?
    that's all i can think of, but i'm sure there's something else...

For the Denver area, I predict unlimited WP and Copper with 10 Days at SS and Aspen. Then 3 days at the others?

With my 18/19 Ikon pass, I look forward to snowboarding at Alta and Deer Valley

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    For the Denver area, I predict unlimited WP and Copper with 10 Days at SS and Aspen. Then 3 days at the others?
    A pass like that (depending on pricing) would likely put a dent in Epic Pass sales.

If anyone had been questioning the resolve of the Wasatch resorts wanting to play together, here's your answer; the Ikon pass. Now seven resorts can be skied with only three season passes, if that's your thing. I hate to be a troll -not really!- but it looks like One Wasatch just got one step closer to happening. In the meantime, this consolidation is going to make for some awesome touring opportunities, Euro style. In addition, this includes the steepest, baddest skiing in the United States -IMHO- all on on one pass. Pretty awesome!

Look who popped up with the fucking "one wasatch" BS. just go away already...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

I am new to observing the ski industry. I do not think I would like this idea if I were an Aspen local.
    off your knees Louie