Page 208 of 268 FirstFirst ... 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,200 of 6693

Thread: Ikon Pass

I live in Denver. Ikon has been great for me. It’s going to be harder to travel much this year, but it’s still a solid deal.

anybody holding abasin coupon codes?
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Is this the Copper thread?
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Some coastal weekend warrior groomer mappers could go all day all week at jackson. Especially younger, healthier, more in shape folks.

But I take your point. I know plenty of people who only ski Squaw and would never even consider going over to Alpine and they never ever ski anything that is not groomed. And if you are groomer skiing, Alpine is better unless you really like short runs.

Or the folks who show up at Kirkwood after 4’ of fresh and complain about the lack of grooming. But the next day it is blue bird, with a high of 22F, no wind, ample grooming and completely ghost town.

Hell, most Bay Area skiers I know never ski off piste and won’t bother going up unless it snowed that week and we have a deep base.
    I'm constantly amazed that for so many folks a day of skiing means lapping Shirley (AKA the lift that gets you back from Granite).

'groomer mappers'
    That got a chuckle, never heard that one.

If I were forced to ski only groomers, bell to bell, for a week, I think I might explode.
    And I loves the groomies, but...I gotta get off; into the woods. It's part of my response pattern, to explore.
    Skiing brings out the adventurer in all of us I think. Some more than others. Others, more than you would have ever imagined.
    Skiing brings out your Alpha side, yes?

Wait, what? Ikon thread.
    oh yeah, fuggem.

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    Is this the Copper thread?
    colorado weather works for me

Has anyone else gotten emails lately warning you of missed reservations? I got one a few weeks ago citing 2 days I definitely skied. I then waited on hold at the IKON 800 number for 2 hours trying to fix the issue. Last weekend I walked up to the pass window at WP and they told me they didn’t have permissions to edit my “no show” days but would put a note in my account. Is this happening elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    colorado weather works for me
    gut, ty!
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by ski-wpk View Post
    Has anyone else gotten emails lately warning you of missed reservations? I got one a few weeks ago citing 2 days I definitely skied. I then waited on hold at the IKON 800 number for 2 hours trying to fix the issue. Last weekend I walked up to the pass window at WP and they told me they didn’t have permissions to edit my “no show” days but would put a note in my account. Is this happening elsewhere?
    There is no pass scanner for the Galloping Goose. You need to branch out a bit.

Haven’t been on the Goose yet this year!

Copper Parking

Anyone have experience with Copper's new parking policy. If you can't get a parking pass is there anywhere far away to park and then walk?

Quote Originally Posted by defaultname View Post
    Anyone have experience with Copper's new parking policy. If you can't get a parking pass is there anywhere far away to park and then walk?
    Vail Pass Rest Area? Ski down, hitch back up?

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    'groomer mappers'
    That got a chuckle, never heard that one.

If I were forced to ski only groomers, bell to bell, for a week, I think I might explode.
    And I loves the groomies, but...I gotta get off; into the woods. It's part of my response pattern, to explore.
    Skiing brings out the adventurer in all of us I think. Some more than others. Others, more than you would have ever imagined.
    Skiing brings out your Alpha side, yes?

Wait, what? Ikon thread.
    oh yeah, fuggem.
    You definitely get around in the woods. More of a hut mapper.
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    You definitely get around in the woods. More of a hut mapper.
    Hellz yeaaaahhhh!

So good to hear from you BL; I was getting concerned, almost texted you. Hope all is well for you.
    Look forward to turning witcha again soon...

Haha trying to piece together some time out there to get my ikon pass some groomer vert. Will prob be on the last minute side. I’ll shoot ya a text and catch up next week
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by defaultname View Post
    I've been thinking about this and I don't see why you couldn't take the free bus from Frisco, big parking lot behind Walmart. I think it is the official transportation center there, where greyhound stops...or it used to be.
    Henry David Thoreau

I'm sure this has been answered but I'm lazy right now.... Does anybody know if you're able to buy Jackson tix at a discount after you use up your 7 "access" days.
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

I believe the north lot works. Hope I'm not divulging classified info

Quote Originally Posted by TheK12 View Post
    I'm sure this has been answered but I'm lazy right now.... Does anybody know if you're able to buy Jackson tix at a discount after you use up your 7 "access" days.
    I am pretty sure that's a no. You can only use your friends and family when you are using a day. And if you dont have any days left...
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Hey Ullrs and Fishers...why don't you just have a giant outside dance party! The Lifties will eat that shit up, you'll show tons of community support, probably make some money!!!

Bitching on Facebook and calling your attorney does not equal problem solving. Fish Fry Block Party!

Who's got the goods on the 21/22 Pass and when the free spring skiing at Sugarbush or Squaw will kick in? Friend wants to take her kids skiing for a weekend but tixs will cost over 1G but they could prob get Ikons for $1,400 for next year.

I've been wondering if they're going to offer a 21/22 pass that's valid in spring of 2021, and which will let me defer my unused 20/21 pass cost to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I've been wondering if they're going to offer a 21/22 pass that's valid in spring of 2021, and which will let me defer my unused 20/21 pass cost to it.
    My completely uninformed guess is no way. Not to mention my other completely uninformed guess is that the early renewal full Ikon will be close to 1k next year. So, what, another $100 - $200 charged if you deferred and bought early last year?

Not complaining as that 1k mark could be that sweet spot to tamper the fuckery that has become Epikon. Yet I am one among many that will be shelling out whatever the difference may be since I deferred. So next year might not see much of a difference.

Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    When I spoke with the group sales rep last fall, she made it sound like this would be the case. A deferred 20/21 pass would become “effective”
    In spring as a 21/22 pass. But you’d need to pay the difference in pass price.

I send out an email to see if I can get any info about when and how passes will go on sale. Last year they only let me know like 5 days before passes went on sale.

VTeton - if your friends go the route of buying passes for 21/22, I can get them discount codes through the group buy if alterra allows the program next year.

I wonder if you defer, do you still get the renewal discount? Because it's not a renewal
    I <heart> hot tele-moms