Page 56 of 109 FirstFirst ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 2720

Thread: Ikon Pass

I hear from a normally reliable source that Alta is signing up for next year. Can't verify anything but I also heard that the almost 30% IKON skiers is vastly over estimated.

I can't believe that with the IKON everywhere that we have not had a maggot find out how much the non Alterra resorts are getting reimbursed.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    I hear from a normally reliable source that Alta is signing up for next year. Can't verify anything but I also heard that the 30% IKON skiers is vastly over estimated.

I can't believe that with the IKON everywhere that we have not had a maggot find out how much the non Alterra resorts are getting reimbursement.
    It has been stated (or guessed) a few times, maybe not in this thread though?

Heard from a few reliable little birdies lately that A-basin will be on IKON next year. Should be interesting for IKON to pick up 1/2 the Summit county resorts, that would be hudge for them. Don't know that it'll help with the parking situation much though.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Heard from a few reliable little birdies lately that A-basin will be on Epic next year. Should be interesting for IKON to pick up 1/2 the Summit county resorts, that would be hudge for them. Don't know that it'll help with the parking situation much though.
    ?? Do you mean Ikon? Or am I just terrible at reading comprehension? Which is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    ?? Do you mean Ikon? Or am I just terrible at reading comprehension? Which is possible.
    Yeah I fucked up, fixed it. Not enough coffee this am.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    I can't believe that with the IKON everywhere that we have not had a maggot find out how much the non Alterra resorts are getting reimbursed.
    Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    It has been stated (or guessed) a few times, maybe not in this thread though?
    It's been stated and guessed, but I don't believe those, or rather, don't believe they tell the full story. For one, I bet it is resort-specific, I doubt that there's one standard deal they give out. Second, I am sure the deal is more intricate than $50 per skier day (I believe that was one of the figures thrown out). Because that would mean that someone who skis mostly at a partner resort would end up costing Alterra a lot of money. I have skied at Eldora a dozen or so days, and MANY at Eldora have Ikon passes; I doubt very much that Alterra is taking a loss on each and every one of us. I suspect that if it's a flat per skier day fee, it also has a cap. For ex, $50/day up to 5 days, then nothing after. Or a graduated payment, $50 for days 1-4, $25 for days 5-8, etc.

And I doubt that we will ever really find this info out, because I imagine it's super confidential (especially if it is resort specific).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    It's been stated and guessed, but I don't believe those, or rather, don't believe they tell the full story. For one, I bet it is resort-specific, I doubt that there's one standard deal they give out. Second, I am sure the deal is more intricate than $50 per skier day (I believe that was one of the figures thrown out). Because that would mean that someone who skis mostly at a partner resort would end up costing Alterra a lot of money. I have skied at Eldora a dozen or so days, and MANY at Eldora have Ikon passes; I doubt very much that Alterra is taking a loss on each and every one of us. I suspect that if it's a flat per skier day fee, it also has a cap. For ex, $50/day up to 5 days, then nothing after. Or a graduated payment, $50 for days 1-4, $25 for days 5-8, etc.

And I doubt that we will ever really find this info out, because I imagine it's super confidential (especially if it is resort specific).
    I've heard between $8-15 per skier day reimbursement for Abasin from Epic, and if they ski Keystone before Abasin that day then Abasin gets $0. If IKON is paying $50 (which I doubt) then no wonder Abasin would want to switch.

Taos sure was Ikonic this weekend. CO made the trip in force (us included). 15 inches overnight Friday/Saturday , probably double that in places. Love the terrain there, and coverage is awesome right now. STEEP and DEEP!!
    Locals seem amazed with how busy it was Saturday. Lines were long but manageable by CO standards. Patrol did a good job managing the crowds and the snow, popping terrain throughout the weekend. With some hiking and exploring we skied knee/thigh deep all weekend. Kachina never opened, understandably considering snowpack/ history.
    The overnight parking situation is amazing!! We had a primo van spot with free plug-ins walking distance to the base. Good times for sure
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2783.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	271336
    (picture is a double post from the ski pic thread, but this page needs stoke too)

Heard from a few reliable little birdies lately that A-basin will be on IKON next year. Should be interesting for IKON to pick up 1/2 the Summit county resorts, that would be hudge for them. Don't know that it'll help with the parking situation much though.
    Fack! I was really hoping they would go it alone.

Did they say if it would be Ikon unlimited or part of the 5/7 day deal?

Quote Originally Posted by ColMan View Post
    Fack! I was really hoping they would go it alone.

Did they say if it would be Ikon unlimited or part of the 5/7 day deal?
    I don't know any details. Who knows, Maybe 5/7 on the IKON base, and unlimited on the full IKON. That would make the most sense.

I just don't think they would've done all the upgrades to F&B if they didn't still want the traffic of a pass like IKON.

I don't know any details. Who knows, Maybe 5/7 on the IKON base
    This would be *really* nice. 5 days at A-Basin is about right. I've not skied there in *many* moons, but would love to occasionally. Especially in April when the snow is deep, crowds are gone, and sun is warm.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    This would be *really* nice. 5 days at A-Basin is about right. I've not skied there in *many* moons, but would love to occasionally. Especially in April when the snow is deep, crowds are gone, and sun is warm.
    If you think crowds are going to be gone in april if Abasin is on Ikon....well I've got some of the best skis every made for slaying big mountains to sell you. They're soul 7s.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    If you think crowds are going to be gone in april if Abasin is on Ikon....well I've got some of the best skis every made for slaying big mountains to sell you. They're soul 7s.
    Sorry - I should have said "midweek" in April.

Quote Originally Posted by jpcmoriarty View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2783.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	271336
    (picture is a double post from the ski pic thread, but this page needs stoke too)
    FKNA, that gives me a woody.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

Yeah, awesome pic.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

19/20 Ikon Pass Info

Edit: LIMITED info. Just pricing. Only big new change is down payment option. And 18/19 passholders save $30 when they renew. Prices increased $50 overall.

Did the base pass have 5 or 7 days at the non-full areas this year? I thought it was 7its 5 next year... is that a change?

Quote Originally Posted by cdubski View Post
    Did the base pass have 5 or 7 days at the non-full areas this year? I thought it was 7its 5 next year... is that a change?
    IIRC the base (cheaper) pass had 5 days, and the more expensive one had 7.

The more expensive one also showed up on Costco.com for not a whole lot more than the base, so I'll be watching there this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

^^^ Scratch that, just googled. The expensive pass was $999 at Costco, with a $200 Costco gift card back. So $800 vs (IIRC) around $850 if you had just paid cash for the pass earlier.

The base pass is still cheaper either way, by a good margin.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    I heard Big Sky gets $20/day/ikon pass use.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    I heard Big Sky gets $20/day/ikon pass use.
    Man... I need to get up there and contribute my $20! If I use all my days, they'll get $100!

No Arapahoe Basin thank you lord

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    No Arapahoe Basin thank you lord
    Don't count your chickens quite yet...

Anyone with an icon pass done using it for the season?
    "My policies are based not on some economics theory, but on things I and millions like me were brought up with: an honest day's work for an honest day's pay; live within your means; put by a nest egg for a rainy day; pay your bills on time; support the police." M. Thatcher (RIP)
    "...
    Judges smoke it, even the lawyer too...So you've got to legalize it..." Peter Tosh

"Ski and ride at select destinations this spring with the purchase of a 19/20 Ikon Pass or Ikon Base Pass."

Curious which resorts are included here. Also guessing it doesn't kick in until after spring break wraps up (4/1).