Page 45 of 268 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 6694

Thread: Ikon Pass

Just duct tape the pass to your lower back. RFID man!

I wonder if you could rip the chip out and impact it under your skin...

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Just duct tape the pass to your lower back. RFID man!

I wonder if you could rip the chip out and impact it under your skin...
    In a dystopian future ;-)

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Why do people want these lanyards so badly? Logo lanyards are for people who recreationally browse linkdn and have matching bowtie/pocket protectors. Logo lanyards are for grown-assed men who use roller backpacks. Anything is cooler than a logo lanyard, literally anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Afkpuz View Post
    Why do people want these Ikon passes so badly? Ikon Passes are for people who recreationally browse linkdn and have matching bowtie/pocket protectors. Ikon passes are for grown-assed men who use roller backpacks. Anything is cooler than a Ikon passes, literally anything at all.
    FIFY

Epic passes come with a lanyard, but no hole to attach it to.

Since reading the thread seems difficult for some, the lanyard thing is a joke. I don't think anyone gives a shit. But many of us noticed the oddity of including a lanyard in the whole marketing blitz packaging but NOT including lanyards on a 1-to-1 basis with the number of passes sent. Like, what's the point?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    FIFY

Epic passes come with a lanyard, but no hole to attach it to.
    that's just as funny. although I actually have no idea if the Ikon pass has a hole...
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Afkpuz View Post
    Why do people want these lanyards so badly? Logo lanyards are for people who recreationally browse linkdn and have matching bowtie/pocket protectors. Logo lanyards are for grown-assed men who use roller backpacks. Anything is cooler than a logo lanyard, literally anything at all.
    ...Name:  XGfE.gif
Views: 733
Size:  148.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    that's just as funny. although I actually have no idea if the Ikon pass has a hole...
    They probably just didn't punch a hole cause I picked it up in person. Unless people go to Abasin, or other spots without RFID then they don't really need a lanyard because it stays in their pocket.

i didn't join this forum to read threads, or make friends, i joined it to post screenshots of all the stickers ive put on the paper map they sent me that ive framed onto the wall of the den of my alexandria VA mcmansion. my name is Terry. friends call me "big terry". enemies also call me this. the ikon pass has a hole and i am Here Filling It. get @ me

Ikon Pass

Just opened my Ikon package. So excited about all the stickers. Thought about hanging the paper map up in my car window, but figured that’s a little over the top. Figured I’ll plaster the stickers all over my windows instead

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyg82 View Post
    Any Canadians get theirs yet?
    Got mine last night, I guess Canada Post worked yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

Turns out the lanyard is not for the pass(es), and is just an advertising perk. Don't punch a hole in your pass to attach the lanyard, you can fuck up the RFID, or what ever the initials are.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

The passes come with a hole, or mine did.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    The passes come with a hole, or mine did.
    This could be a thread on Tech Talk - did your pass have a hole, and if not, where's the recommended punch point?

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    This could be a thread on Tech Talk - did your pass have a hole, and if not, where's the recommended punch point?

... Thom
    Pretty sure the thread should be called "PUNCH A HOLE IN YOUR OWN FUCKING PASS"

Does anyone have any Ikon hole punch paper templates?

I punched my hole +2mm of the standard mount point. Will I notice a difference when dropping cliffs? Will the lifties still let me on the lift?

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Turns out the lanyard is not for the pass(es), and is just an advertising perk. Don't punch a hole in your pass to attach the lanyard, you can fuck up the RFID, or what ever the initials are.
    I'd give them a call and ask them to mail you a hole for your pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    I punched my hole +2mm of the standard mount point. Will I notice a difference when dropping cliffs? Will the lifties still let me on the lift?
    I punched mine there and -2mm and didn’t like either, now I have 3 punches in my pass.

Do you guys think I can make one more punch near pass center and still have lanyard integrity?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I heard you have to go to Jackson to get the hole. badabum..

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Pretty sure the thread should be called "PUNCH A HOLE IN YOUR OWN FUCKING PASS"

Does anyone have any Ikon hole punch paper templates?
    Except.. that RFID can be punctured...
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Except.. that RFID can be punctured...
    It's like the opposite of the H-shaped mounting pattern on Volkl BMT's

Does anyone know how close I can punch a new hole next to an old hole in my pass? Will the lanyard still work?

it should hold within about .625mm in my experience, just use a hardwood dowel and epoxy it in real nice on the old hole and you're good to go

I use quiver killers in my pass hole. That way I can switch out my lanyards to match the mountain I'm on, and the lifties know I'm a local.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    pass hole
    Heh.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.