Page 26 of 268 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Altabird and Jackson are included on the Ikon now?
    7 days at each on the full Ikon. 5 days at each on the base Ikon.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    7 days at each on the full Ikon. 5 days at each on the base Ikon.
    Not to be a buzz kill but from the IKON website, full and base Ikon

"7 days total between Alta Ski Area, and Snowbird, UT" / "5 days total between Alta Ski Area, and Snowbird, UT

I am planning 5 days at Alta and bird(combined...) 5 days at JHMR

ikon base pass

Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Saw this in an email from Costco: you can buy the full unrestricted pass for $999, and Costco gives you a $200 Costco gift card.

https://www.costco.com/IKON-Pass-201...XHRowYBj%2Bx16

Anyone know if Costco was selling the cheaper restricted pass earlier in the year?
    I don’t think they were, but I’m not 100% sure.

My guess is the full pass sales weren’t very strong so they are doing this. This doesn’t speak well to price integrity.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    I don’t think they were, but I’m not 100% sure.

My guess is the full pass sales weren’t very strong so they are doing this. This doesn’t speak well to price integrity.
    Right. I'd be angry if I already bought an Ikon pass. I'm also surprised they haven't said anything about Solitude being on this year's pass yet.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Right. I'd be angry if I already bought an Ikon pass. I'm also surprised they haven't said anything about Solitude being on this year's pass yet.
    I’m in this group. Bought at the initial offer. Had I known this Costco deal was coming I would have waited.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    I’m in this group. Bought at the initial offer. Had I known this Costco deal was coming I would have waited.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Same. Mild to fair annoyance by this. But I've been conditioned by Squaw crap not to be too surprised

What has happened in the past when you buy your season pass at a place that afterwards gets bought by the Ikon people? Does your season pass get turned into a Ikon Pass? I spent $1k at Solitude, wondering what their protocol is. Should be an even trade I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    What has happened in the past when you buy your season pass at a place that afterwards gets bought by the Ikon people? Does your season pass get turned into a Ikon Pass? I spent $1k at Solitude, wondering what their protocol is. Should be an even trade I hope.
    After a slight delay, they announced Ikon benefits for DV passholders.

If eastern Boyne resorts had unlimited skiing I would get one...I think a lot of areas are going to be a lot more crowded this season

Quote Originally Posted by MMMSKI View Post
    I think a lot of areas are going to be a lot more crowded this season
    The number of overall skiers is not really going to change, people will just be more spread out in theory. The only time I see this being a real detriment is when one ski area posts a larger snowfall number than others on the respective pass and everyone mobs that area.

Quote Originally Posted by MMMSKI View Post
    I think a lot of areas are going to be a lot more crowded this season
    I'd be shocked if these pass wars result in significantly higher skier visits, if all else remains equal (obviously snow quantity/quality impacts skier visits).

These passes will just move people around some.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I'd be shocked if these pass wars result in significantly higher skier visits, if all else remains equal (obviously snow quantity/quality impacts skier visits).

And isn’t that the point really? Some of these resorts need more business just to stay afloat.

WOO-HOO!!!

I'm in, IKON full.
    Ready to be humbled.
    Won't be able to go everywhere, but JH, Big Sky and Aspen Highlands are on the list.

In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

These pass wars have gotten ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by WTF is dat View Post
    These pass wars have gotten ridiculous
    Every road with a ski area at one end of it will look like 70 into summit county and 80 into tahoe soon.

Because customer experience is highly valued.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post

To the extent that they are transforming day pass buyers into some flavor of season pass holders, they are increasing skier visits.

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Every road with a ski area at one end of it will look like 70 into summit county and 80 into tahoe soon.

Because customer experience is highly valued.
    Unless this spurs more skier visits it’s just wash, rinse, & repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Unless this spurs more skier visits it’s just wash, rinse, & repeat.
    Sweet jesus you should see what it's done so far here in tahoe just with the ksl stuff.

I seriously think every weekend last year was ALL the skiers.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

I'm Not sure the ikon could make Tahoe worse than last year. Seems like that was max numbers and some of those won't buy now that there's no bronze. At least that's my hope. Regardless, fuck Squaw

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Regardless, fuck Squaw. But here take my money anyway

?

Pretty much lol

RE: Re: ACTION REQUIRED: Update missing account information to receiveyour pass

Hello ********,

Thank you for contacting the Season Pass Contact Center. Your Ikon Pass is located in a different database than your Squaw Pass, and it is an entirely new system. Please login at your earliest convenience and upload portrait style jpeg or gif file.

Thank you for contacting the Season Pass Contact Center, have a great season.
    Sincerely,
    Jerry
    Ikon Pass Support
    Alterra Mountain Company
    888-365-IKON (888.365.4566)
    www.IkonPass.com

Sent: Tue Aug 07 2018 10:34:34 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)
    To: info@ikonpass.com
    Subject: Re: ACTION REQUIRED: Update missing account information to receiveyour pass

Hi:

You really can't figure out how to use my picture from my Squaw pass on an Ikon pass? In 2018? I'm sure that you could find a high school student who could send you pass holder jpegs as an after school job.

Impressive start to your customer service and Information Technology skills,

Quote Originally Posted by Bozo T. Clown View Post
    Hello ********,

Thank you for contacting the Season Pass Contact Center. Your Ikon Pass is located in a different database than your Squaw Pass, and it is an entirely new system. Please login at your earliest convenience and upload portrait style jpeg or gif file.

Thank you for contacting the Season Pass Contact Center, have a great season.
    Sincerely,
    Jerry
    Ikon Pass Support
    Alterra Mountain Company
    888-365-IKON (888.365.4566)
    www.IkonPass.com

Sent: Tue Aug 07 2018 10:34:34 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)
    To: info@ikonpass.com
    Subject: Re: ACTION REQUIRED: Update missing account information to receiveyour pass

Hi:

You really can't figure out how to use my picture from my Squaw pass on an Ikon pass? In 2018? I'm sure that you could find a high school student who could send you pass holder jpegs as an after school job.

Impressive start to your customer service and Information Technology skills,

Cool. I bet they are super stoked to give you great customer service now. Who cares, it's uploading a picture. Is it really that hard and inconvenient?

Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    Cool. I bet they are super stoked to give you great customer service now. Who cares, it's uploading a picture. Is it really that hard and inconvenient?
    Damn do people like things to bitch at.

Alterra can spend money on useful things. Or it can spend money on ETL of shit like photos and data from a bunch of legacy systems that need frequent updating anyhow.