Page 176 of 268 FirstFirst ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... LastLast
Results 4,376 to 4,400 of 6694

Thread: Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Portillo cancelled their opening and may not open at all. Is this a hint of what’s to come?
    It's not a "hint".

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Just like the polyass posts keep appearing, I'll be skiing next season just like this spring or on the lifts. Bought a pass and thinking about October early snow turns already.

Attachment 332427

Attachment 332428
    Vt-Freeheel skis with a locked heel? Oi-vay.

Great photos!
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Solitude not opening this summer
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

has anyone been able to upload a new pass picture? They said that it would be available by a certain date (it isn't) and also said we'd get an email with instructions (I haven't).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Just like the polyass posts keep appearing, I'll be skiing next season just like this spring or on the lifts. Bought a pass and thinking about October early snow turns already.

Attachment 332427

Attachment 332428

Attachment 332431
    fkna noice.

yeah we'll be skiing no matter what.

(secret) this is how you do it

be able to ski anything.

nordic, lifts, backcountry

it's not m theroy, or is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    has anyone been able to upload a new pass picture? They said that it would be available by a certain date (it isn't) and also said we'd get an email with instructions (I haven't).
    Nope!
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Lockdown hair?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Lockdown hair?
    Oh, my, I was really just wanting to update my daughter's pic, but if they will accept the pictures I have (I've since cut the hair and trimmed the beard) that would make an awesome pass pic.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

post up when they allow photo updates, I did a lockdown mohawk, so will finally get to use a mohawk photo for my pass. Teenage life goals accomplished.

I'm going to use my Don King hair photo
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Ikon Pass

Anyone else feel like expectations are being lowered for the upcoming season?
    First I got an email from deer valley that lessons, child care etc are being delayed until later, now I read Brighton is pausing pass sales until evaluating social distancing etc. I just feel like it’s too calculated with these announcements today.
    All you locals sound like you may have a country club season. I’m jealous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who says the locals will be able to ride chairs?

Jezuz, if this thing is exploding in hot states right now on the fourth of July, with Fauci talking about 100,000 cases a day soon, how the fuck are ski communities going to open with everyone crammed inside? They were the hotspots in Feb./March.

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    Ap
    Don't get too jealous. Lines could be horrible with social distance measures. Imagine one person per chair and 6 feet of spacing while waiting in line. I think a lot of experienced locals will skip resort skiing altogether and stick to the backcountry.

Sent from my 1999 Motorola flip phone

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    Anyone else feel like expectations are being lowered for the upcoming season?
    First I got an email from deer valley that lessons, child care etc are being delayed until later, now I read Brighton is pausing pass sales until evaluating social distancing etc. I just feel like it’s too calculated with these announcements today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My expectation is that my touring gear has a good chance of carrying the vertical load this season. Going to keep a positive attitude along the way and not just be an Eeyore all summer. With VT being quick with the lockdown trigger picking my home mtn, the bush, could net me a rebate.

Good times were had this spring

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200411_164449.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	2.61 MB 
ID:	333211
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

I will curious how accessible closed resort slopes will be this winter. Mammoth patrol were huge dicks about skinning right after the closure. Not sure how long the policy lasted. Usually they are pretty chill about using the seasonally closed areas at your own risk.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Interesting article on ski pass Covid strategy from Bloomberg.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/newsl...ave-the-season

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Interesting article on ski pass Covid strategy from Bloomberg
    At Alterra, Gregory says early pass sales are going “shockingly well,” though he declined to give specifics. “It’s become clear,” he said, “that people are really dreaming about going skiing.”

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    At Alterra, Gregory says early pass sales are going “shockingly well,” though he declined to give specifics. “It’s become clear,” he said, “that people are really dreaming about going skiing.”
    Have to say, I’m shocked to hear that.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    I mean, what did you expect him to say?

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    I mean, what did you expect him to say?
    Well, AFAIK, Vail is a publicly traded company who's numbers are readily available at a keystroke, whereas Alterra (I think) is a privately owned company who does not disclose that kind of info without shareholder approval. Just a guess, but I bet he can't just go sprouting off numbers without getting some kind of "Go-ahead".

The article talks about a cutoff date of Dec 10 to postpone your pass, so not exactly up to date, even though it was published today.

Ikon Pass

Yeah. That is just bad reporting. You have until April 11, 2021 to decide if you want to use your pass.

https://www.ikonpass.com/en/adventur...QaAsxnEALw_wcB

https://snowbrains.com/melbourne-aus...k-operations1/

This isn't a good sign for the upcoming winter in North America especially as the US is failing to get infection rates under control

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Well, AFAIK, Vail is a publicly traded company who's numbers are readily available at a keystroke, whereas Alterra (I think) is a privately owned company who does not disclose that kind of info without shareholder approval. Just a guess, but I bet he can't just go sprouting off numbers without getting some kind of "Go-ahead".
    Vail's sales figures are readily available at a keystroke? What are they?

I don't think his point was that the guy didn't have permission to give out numbers. Even publicly traded companies don't just give out current sales numbers. And any corporate spokesman, for Vail or Alterra, is going to sound positive regardless of what their real sales or real internal thoughts are.