Page 180 of 268 FirstFirst ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... LastLast
Results 4,476 to 4,500 of 6694

Thread: Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Interesting about delta banning valves.
    I’ve been bitching about valve masks for months.
    Masks are in theory protecting others. Valves don’t do that.

Neither do buffs or bandanas, or surgical masks, if you aren’t coughing. But oh well. Let’s keep the charade going.

Powder lines will be insane.

I might skip skiing and just throw eggs at the singles that refuse to ride a quad with another single.
    Here's a test you can do at home to see if a buff or bandana works. Put your hand 12" in front of you then blow. Note the feeling of air on your hand. Put a buff/bandana over your mouth, and repeat the experiment.

There's a reason they say "face covering" and accept those as mask substitutes. Probably not as good as a tight fitting mask of course, but definitely way more effective than nothing and not deserving of your dismissive "they don't work" unsubstantiated statement.

And FWIW, I have a mask that has a valve and when I do the same test as above, I can't feel the air. But I don't wear it because I don't like the way it fits and I don't want people like you acting like I'm somehow not playing by the rules (I don't wear buffs or bandanas either).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

also herd basically above mentioned. business as usual going forward. have setups for all snow conditions.

stoked for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Interesting about delta banning valves.
    I’ve been bitching about valve masks for months.
    Masks are in theory protecting others. Valves don’t do that.

Neither do buffs or bandanas, or surgical masks, if you aren’t coughing. But oh well. Let’s keep the charade going.

Powder lines will be insane.

I might skip skiing and just throw eggs at the singles that refuse to ride a quad with another single.
    I was digging through a storage container in the garage this weekend, and low and behold! I find an N95 mask with a valve in it. i'm thinking I just hit the jackpot! Then I see Delta's ban on these masks. I guess I'm flying United! (Actually no plans to fly anytime soon, unless it's private jet.)

And don't throw eggs, that's not cool. Besides, snow balls are way easier and they are free too.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    I was digging through a storage container in the garage this weekend, and low and behold! I find an N95 mask with a valve in it. i'm thinking I just hit the jackpot! Then I see Delta's ban on these masks. I guess I'm flying United! (Actually no plans to fly anytime soon, unless it's private jet.)

And don't throw eggs, that's not cool. Besides, snow balls are way easier and they are free too.
    Agree about the eggs. Respect the egg, it was a chicken's unborn child.
    Silverado lift at Squaw gets huge, unruly lines on powder days. People riding one or two on the 3 person chairs are pelted mercilessly by snowballs--packed tight as only a Sierra snowball can be packed.

wait........there are still people here who actually read bennys drivel and then actually respond to it???................major fail

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    wait........there are still people here who actually read bennys drivel and then actually respond to it???................major fail
    it's summer, it's fine. and yes, i will help drive traffic.

N95 masks with valves protect you, but not the public from you. Surgical masks protect the public from you, but only protect you from the public to a mush lesser degree. Cloth masks, bandanas, et al are helpful, but not fully protective either was, A little is better then nothing, and just how much benefit/protection one needs depends on circumstances. A Buff in a ski line is probably pretty helpful, in an airport or flight, not so much.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

They better not fuck with the singles line this year and make me board with some mouth-breathing jagoff. Fuck that.

Singles line could really be for singles this year, it'll be like a dream come true! But not. :/

They better start spinning and loading the lifts at 6:30 if they want to avoid pow-day gondy line frenzy. Esp at Steamboat. That shit got outta hand last year after they stopped letting people cue in line inside the gondy building before it started spinning. They made us wait outside while giving up the entire inside space to 'first-tracks' people. This resulted in the gondy line going all the way down and back to the bus stop corral. Epic. Or, Ikonic.

On second thought, I shoulda bought a First Tracks pass before they sold out. Dang.

They better, they better--what, are you 7?
    As far as gondis, any place that has an option not to run a gondola or a tram probably will not run it.

fvking idiots, why did't they put in a bigger chair.

some will never learn. heh.

Fuck that. Mad river single chair with a covid blanket?
    I saw that trick played n the native Americans already
    . . .

Anyone think the bike bruh handling everyone’s bike is a good idea?!

Sure he’s not washing bw each sweaty bike he takes off the lift by the gross, sweaty grips?!

Ikoners can stop whining about pulling their passes out at Arapahoe Basin now:

http://arapahoebasin.blogspot.com/20...edium=facebook

No more skinning up and lapping Lanawee for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Vibes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Is it a pay per lap type of program? Or pay one fee, skin all day type of situation? And I've never heard of Lanawee. But a Google search came up with an interesting result. So, who has been lapping Lanawee for free? Luck dogs!

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/lanawee/?hl=en
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

One could still skin up and lap the Beavers or Montezuma, though. Not really sure why Lenawee is so important, who would want to lap that? I guess to ride the East Wall if/when it opens, what else?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

They were scanning last year to prevent people from skinning up to Lenawee. Seems like they could just train the lifties to distinguish different equipment types. Or stop allowing uphill travel during operating hours all together. People who skin up during lift hours are dumb.

...but in much better shape than the chair people.

We are ^^ lol
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

For all the Non-Benny types out there who are not afraid to try to ski next winter....

If you need a discount code for your IKON pass purchase, PM asap. Group Buy discount ends on August 31st, and you need to get a code from me first. Send your Full Name, Date of Birth, Email Address and Pass Type (you can change this w/o telling me when it comes time to buy) to me in a PM for each person who wants a code. I'll get them back to as soon as I can, but I'll be camping a bit the last week of August - so PM me sooner rather than later.

Remember you can defer your purchase price to 21/22 up until April 11th if you for what ever reason do not use your pass this coming winter.

So, how are your sales going this year compared to last? Up, down or about the same? Has the virus affected per unit sales volume?

I don’t keep a record. Meaning I purge everyone’s info once it is done.

Volume is about the same though. But that is very unscientific.

Also, the way the group sale works each year is a bit different. So hard to tell.

Maybe it is a bit slower this year. Not sure.

based on vail's presser, this would be a fantastic time for ikon to shut the fuck up.

^^ Wait 'til Oct. 1 to present their plan.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime