Page 4 of 266 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Seems like it has gotten every one of you guys interested. Draw people in, get them interested, then hit them with the price details. Seems like advertising 101 to me.

Why get your panties in a bunch over a pass that won't even be available till next season? Shit, I haven't even popped my MC cherry yet this season.

This. As an east-coaster who spends too much limited time and money on flying out west to get my annual fix, I find Ikon pseudo-interesting. However, I thought the same about the Maxx pass a few years back. The Collective has worked well for me, thus far. (Especially the Buy in May, save some bucks, and get a 3rd day.) I wonder if Ikon will roll-out before MC drops is early purchase gig or waits to see how many folks balk at the early season treat.

MC Cherry getting ripped tomorrow. Currently typing from D Playne! (Thank you, Mags, from distracting me from necessary from computer work. Tis good to be back on TG.)
    neednsnow.com

Chasin Snow whenever time allows.

I really doubt this is a half-assed, unfinished plan. The initial KSL/intrawest/mammoth deal was announced over the summer - they could have rushed to put something together for this winter but decided to wait and figure out a better long term strategy (which ended up with a much bigger and better list of partners than I would have expected). What shredgnar said makes sense. Just have to wait and see what the pass options end up like.

Seems pretty half assed and confused to me. Somehow even squaw figured out combining dual passes w alpine after the purchase w less lead time. This is not likely to be in epic format and pricing or they would have said so. Marketing bait.

Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    This. I've only skied the LCC area once before, but I got the full sampling of what traffic can be like. At least you guys can be thankful that your crowding situation doesn't involve long driving distances like those living on the front range.

But having finally bought a mountain collective pass this season, I'm definitely setting my sights on a Utah trip. This Ikon Pass could be all smoke and mirrors, but if it has 5 or more days between Snowbird/Alta then it'll definitely draw more people to SLC next winter. In that case, I'll risk driving down this March.

But what about BC/Alberta and the PNW? Would love to see some places out there join up for a pass if they are going to be left out of Ikon.
    Everyone should move/go to SLC because you can be at Snowbird/Alta within 30 mins of landing. I70 and it’s long driving distances (56 miles to Loveland and Berthoud) needs a breather.

We are still in January. Does anyone know what their season pass will cost for next year yet?

This is an SIA buzz type deal. As a Mammoth/California pass holder I'm very curious what the cost / details are, but my panties will remain untwisted for a while since this is for next year and the longer the wait on this the more time my credit card/bank account has.

Pretty psyched to have Squaw/Alpine on the pass though as that will easy the traveling for Mini Comish's ski races...
    He who has the most fun wins!

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Everyone should move/go to SLC because you can be at Snowbird/Alta within 30 mins of landing. I70 and it’s long driving distances (56 miles to Loveland and Berthoud) needs a breather.
    Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    But what about BC/Alberta and the PNW? Would love to see some places out there join up for a pass if they are going to be left out of Ikon.
    You heard it, SLC/DEN is where it is at. The PNW/BC/AB have long lift lines, bumper to bumper traffic and the snow sucks.

If you still insist on traveling narth, decent discount options exist.
    https://www.skilouise.com/louise_cards.php
    https://skircr.com/purchase/rcr-rockies-card/
    and for those with a pass at CB https://www.powderalliance.com

“This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to collaborate with some of the world’s finest destinations, creating truly unique mountain experiences,” said Dave Fields, General Manager of Snowbird.

dumb
    that's all i can think of, but i'm sure there's something else...

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    What would be awesome would be if you could buy a pass with unlimited days at your choice of "home resort," and the pass would include limited days everywhere else.

What will probably actually happen is all of the Alterra owned resorts will be unlimited, and all of the partner resorts will have limited days. The partner resorts will probably also offer their own pass products.

Next year will probably be my first without a season pass. I just don't ski inbounds enough anymore to justify how much this is probably going to cost.
    It's not even close to the same level but I have a unlimited China Peak pass and get 3 Sunday-Friday non holiday tickets to each Powder Alliance resort. I always make a couple days at Sierra at Tahoe and am doing a Oregon trip this year. I will end up with 6-10 ski days for a $50 upgrade on my pass.

I am hoping I can afford to get a Ikon pass too next year to ski Mammoth and Squaw Alpine more.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    except I doubt that there will just be a bunch of Aspen days on the pass. Maybe a couple, maybe an upgrade to add days. Aspen knows their product and they don't want to dilute it much, I am guessing.

For now, this is much ado about nothing, as there are no details. If it's pricier than the existing RMSP+, I may end up with a WP-only pass next year.
    X2

Sad to see CB dropped, that was fun while it lasted. Also sad I likely won't use Bachelor this spring or Alyeska days, but those are long shots anyways. A JH/Big Sky trip next year would be nice...

But, oh the details, and the price. I loved the added areas, but I think the price for a family will direct my purchases next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

If I was selling it, I'd set it up like this:
    Ikon Local (pick one unlimited mountain (prices vary (Aspen = $$$$)) and 4 days at all the others)
    Ikon Double (pick two unlimited mountains + 7 days elsewhere)
    Ikon Super (unlimited at the primary mountains + 10 elsewhere)
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Seems like it has gotten every one of you guys interested. Draw people in, get them interested, then hit them with the price details. Seems like advertising 101 to me.

Why get your panties in a bunch over a pass that won't even be available till next season? Shit, I haven't even popped my MC cherry yet this season.
    Because, at least when the Max Pass was rolled out last year, customers had a clear idea for price and options. This is just marketing bullshit right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Because, at least when the Max Pass was rolled out last year, customers had a clear idea for price and options. This is just marketing bullshit right now.
    Well it looks like it got all of your attention right? Must be working. Suckers.....

Well, duh, I've been a multi pass holder for three seasons. So, you know, sort of interested.

Doesn't matter, if the deal sucks, I go to Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Ikon Local (pick one unlimited mountain (prices vary (Aspen = $$$$)) and 4 days at all the others)
    this
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Mikeala Shiffin is pimping the Ikon on her social media.

You want a reason why there are no details being made public? Summit wins.
    This is the best deal and it seems like the decisions/details are still in the negotiating phase. We should all hope for something as cool as this. The $$$ for pass will make all the difference.

I nominate you for the Alterra marketing manager.

The ikon pass. We own more resorts than anyone else and if you don’t buy our pass we will just buy your Resort.
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Announce pass... get press.

Announce pass specifics and prices several weeks later... get more press.

Some of you really don't understand how this works?

There will likely be regional / state-based passes... just like Epic has the Tahoe local. Unlimited days in CA / CO / etc. and X days at all other resorts, etc.

Well, I should have been clearer. This is bad marketing. Bad marketing is all, pound my chest, look how great I am. Good marketing is, this is what I'm going to do for you. Or, from the customer angle, what's in it for me? Or stfu.
    It's a niche market. Skiing market is fairly small, and the multi mountain pass buyer is much smaller. I'm that market. Retired, free time, like to travel, got a little money, have been in this market for a few years now. So, don't bullshit me. I'll tell you if your mountains are so great. You show me the deal.

Benny is their target market, yo, and if he says it's bad marketing it's bad marketing.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Damn right. And I know where the damn dam is, too.

Suck! Suck! Suck!

The branding douches have been working overtime for 8 months on these really savvy, original names. First Alterra and now Ikon. It only took a few million dollars and several thousand committees and focus groups to come up with these winners....I thought Ikon made copiers though, well I guess in these folks minds its all the same, like selling 10lb bags of dorritos at Costco....welcome to the Alterra experience....only at Walmart. But just get pysched that you might get some free days at an out-of-state mountain while your the soul of your home mountain is sucked out like the Spaceballs Vacu-suck.

Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post
    We are still in January. Does anyone know what their season pass will cost for next year yet?

This is an SIA buzz type deal. As a Mammoth/California pass holder I'm very curious what the cost / details are, but my panties will remain untwisted for a while since this is for next year and the longer the wait on this the more time my credit card/bank account has.

Pretty psyched to have Squaw/Alpine on the pass though as that will easy the traveling for Mini Comish's ski races...
    I'm a Mammoth weekender too, and this is intriguing. If the price is not too much higher I would jump on it, I have places to stay in Tahoe so to have squalpine on there would be great. Because I spend about 3k a year on my Mammoth ski lease I don't have much of a travel budget, but it is cheap to fly up to norcal and crash with one of my buddies there. If I did do some traveling this pass would be awesome, as Big Sky and Jackson and Alta/Bird are some of the few places I would actually travel too.

I hope they give a Mammoth only option, I don't want to pay more than $900 for my Mammoth pass.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

I wonder what they will do for kids under 12?