Page 25 of 268 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    If you look at the Facebook comments for the resorts on the pass referencing the Ikon pass and Ikon’s own posts like 95% of them are definitely very negative in tone. However, that may not be unique.
    9/10 facebook comments about anything are negative. You could post a pic of a puppy and kitten sleeping and someone would say that it's racist, sexist, elitist etc within 10 minutes. Truly the downfall of our society, but like a train wreck, hard to look away from.

And if you want a payment plan, get a 0% apr credit card. They're handing out like candy these days. 18 months of free money.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    And if you want a payment plan, get a 0% apr credit card. They're handing out like candy these days. 18 months of free money.
    Just what all the financially responsible people in this country need.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    If handled correctly, it could be a great way to get out of debt. In the wrong hands, not so much.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    9/10 facebook comments about anything are negative. You could post a pic of a puppy and kitten sleeping and someone would say that it's racist, sexist, elitist etc within 10 minutes. Truly the downfall of our society, but like a train wreck, hard to look away from.
    is it really that hard to not be the zuckers needy bitch?
    seems like not clicking on facefuck sjw crap is pretty fuckin easy
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Got mine yesterday. This broke about a seven or eight year boycott of Squaw.

bump for final countdown reminder. Ikon base purchased.

FWIW price is still at $599. Doesn't seem to be reflecting the $100 increase that was supposed to happen today.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Got mine yesterday. This broke about a seven or eight year boycott of Squaw.
    Owning one doesn't mean you have to ski at Squaw, although skiing AM is not part of the same. Just co.e down to Mammy more often.

Bought mine two days ago. No point giving them money too soon.

Did prices go up today? I haven't checked.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Same as a payment plan.

And if you ain't playing the credit card game, you're actually paying more than the rest of us that are getting cash back, or free flights, or whatever incentive the credit card companies give you to use their cards. The price companies charge already reflect the 2-3% markup to cover credit card processing fees. Just don't be a dumbass and make sure to pay them off immediately (or before the 12/18 month interest free period).

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    Same as a payment plan.

And if you ain't playing the credit card game, you're actually paying more than the rest of us that are getting cash back, or free flights, or whatever incentive the credit card companies give you to use their cards. The price companies charge already reflect the 2-3% markup to cover credit card processing fees. Just don't be a dumbass and make sure to pay them off immediately (or before the 12/18 month interest free period).
    ^^^^This. We have taken numerous trips with free flights due to air miles for stuff I had to pay for anyways. It is important to pay my Sky Miles cards each month, as the rate is about 18% if you don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Bought 2x adult and 3x teen Ikon Base passes yesterday.

Ouch.

Of course, nobody said the monacle-lyfe was going to be easy...

Of course the price didn't go up yet. They're bluffing to get as much early $$$ as possible. Why the fuck does capitalism suck.

EDIT: I bet I've just jinxed it and they'll go up today.

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    Of course the price didn't go up yet. They're bluffing to get as much early $$$ as possible. Why the fuck does capitalism suck.

EDIT: I bet I've just jinxed it and they'll go up today.
    Ikonic burn?

Got mine yesterday . Interested to see how much more crowded mammoth will be this coming year

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

I switched from Epic (past three years) to Ikon today($$$ did not go up for me)...two adults two teens...I took advantage of Vail North(Whistler/BComb) Last Year, not this year...and made an appearance at JHMR this yr, paid full price, so..... more expensive, but wanted a switch to the cluster of SQuaw/Alpine and added incentive to visit Mammoth and June, plus JHMR, Alta/bird in the mix is more appealing also.

Will miss big days at Kwood...

Fam Friendly Ski lease in Tahoe city (or otherwise somewhat nearby to Olympic valley) next year? anyone?

Scooter

Ikon base and Epic local. Thats a lot of skiing for about 1150. I spent the same amount in 2003 for Epic local and RMSP, but that was only good in Colorado. Now I have a ton of skiing both east and west. Just to compare, I now have a Stowe season pass included, and that pass alone cost around 1800 a few years ago. So, there's that, along with a whole lot of other stuff.

Irregardless of what Vail has done in the past, present, or future, I will be forever grateful to Vail for starting the Season Pass Wars.

For actual skiers, things seemed to work just fine if not better before the wars

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    For actual skiers, things seemed to work just fine if not better before the wars
    Eh, it all depends on who is an "actual skier" in your eyes. I first moved to the front range as a student. Would have had a very hard time buying a $1500 pass. Averaged 40 days a year while in school, was I an "actual skier".
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Eh, it all depends on who is an "actual skier" in your eyes. I first moved to the front range as a student. Would have had a very hard time buying a $1500 pass. Averaged 40 days a year while in school, was I an "actual skier".
    Yes. I get just over 40 days while living in a city, raising a kid and growing a business. I’d say I’m an actual skier.

There are exceptions but I agree with mcski...
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    You did show up to class with some rocky racoon eyes, so I would say, actually, yes.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Ikon Pass

Ski bums have always found a way. Student passes, work on mtn, whatever. I would trade Cushing's sky high season passes for the icon / epic cheap passes any day - even though I bitched for years that Squaw should follow the Co cheap pass model. Careful what you wish for.

Saw this in an email from Costco: you can buy the full unrestricted pass for $999, and Costco gives you a $200 Costco gift card.

https://www.costco.com/IKON-Pass-201...XHRowYBj%2Bx16

Anyone know if Costco was selling the cheaper restricted pass earlier in the year?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter65 View Post
    I switched from Epic (past three years) to Ikon today($$$ did not go up for me)...two adults two teens...I took advantage of Vail North(Whistler/BComb) Last Year, not this year...and made an appearance at JHMR this yr, paid full price, so..... more expensive, but wanted a switch to the cluster of SQuaw/Alpine and added incentive to visit Mammoth and June, plus JHMR, Alta/bird in the mix is more appealing also.

Will miss big days at Kwood...

Fam Friendly Ski lease in Tahoe city (or otherwise somewhat nearby to Olympic valley) next year? anyone?

Scooter
    Altabird and Jackson are included on the Ikon now?