Page 154 of 268 FirstFirst ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,850 of 6694

Thread: Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    Somebody might wanna take this one off the rotation for a bit

Attachment 320978
    I saw that when I was going bouldering up LCC the other day. I laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Who the fuck is buying next years pass right now?
    Make 'em sweat. Don't buy.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    Somebody might wanna take this one off the rotation for a bit

Attachment 320978
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Make 'em sweat. Don't buy.
    Yup, I was going to wait until the last day in April to pull the trigger. There were two seasons that sucked at Mammoth and Rusty gave us $200 in Mammoth cash one season and $100 the next. He needs to do that again. I always ski a bunch in March and April, so this blows.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I think it's worth keeping in mind what a season pass to some of the resorts use to cost before ikon or epic.
    I can only speak for the resort I frequent. Passes have gone up 25% since the IKON/EPIC shitshow began. Oddly enough, about the same as the number of really busy days.

What works for you may not work for everyone else.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    I am not buying early. They are going to get very cash starved very soon, and really need some flow as lending tightens. They will throw out crazy offers just to get some $ now. And if you already paid will you get a rebate? Fill out this form, call customer service etc.
    I envision Ikon throwing out some deal, and Epic countering to make a price war. Which will be good for us short term, but long term might not end well.
    I also am holding out on some ski purchases until I see exactly what I want because I think some retail spots are going to feel the squeeze and start unloading stuff to stay solvent and pay the rent.
    In the long term, we're all dead.

"We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

I understand these companies have more money then us, but holding out in hopes that they get desperate or fail? Seems not real supportive of an industry we all love.

I hope the ski companies make it through all of this unscathed and next season is awesome for everyone.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Crazy that just a few weeks ago, our biggest gripe was long lift lines. Just let that sink in for and minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Crazy that just a few weeks ago, our biggest gripe was long lift lines. Just let that sink in for and minute.
    Maybe we found a way to fix that?
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Yeah, close em all down. Fuck, and I just spent the last few years convincing myself that lift served wasn't that bad. Back to skinning, fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Like I said a few pages ago... in a recession the pow day lines are definitely shorter. It was really noticeable - in Tahoe at least - the last time around. 2009 / 10 / 11 were huge (10/11 is the biggest snowfall year on record still, when Squaw got over 800 inches) and the lines never really got that bad. Frequency of storms helped but it was more than that. And nothing close to recent seasons that have been pretty big snowfall-wise.

Granted, real estate prices were already inflated in NorCal so this area may have been more impacted during 2008 than some other places.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    There's no benefit to holding out as far as passes, because they always guarantee that the early season buy is the best deal you'll get. So if they lower the price later, they'd have to refund the early purchasers.

No, I don't.
    It’s a whole different world now. Who knows what will happen in terms of pricing.

Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Gman View Post
    I understand this is a shitty situation for everyone that were hoping to get more days out of their pass but I think it's worth keeping in mind what a season pass to some of the resorts use to cost before ikon or epic.
    I’m not complaining as we are trying to avoid apoplectic situations.

That said, my effecting Pass price has increased 100% since Vail bought Kirkwood. No no love. And they increased my KW only Pass price another $50 for next season. Cause they want us all to be Epic. Well, I ain’t rich and I don’t fly to ski. So, no, I don’t recall how expensive it was before cause it used to be really fucking affordable.

I hope Vail takes a huge hit from this and needs to sell off properly. Starting with the resort they reinvest no money in like Kirkwood.

I hear ya Ot. I love Kirkwood and was bummed when Fail bought it as my multi day price went up big time. I would love to ski up there for a season, one of these coming years.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Got an Ikon Pass flyer in the mail last night. I chuckled and threw it in the recycle bin. I've spent a few dollars on a new road bike this spring. Not thinking about skiing these days.

I'm more concerned with there actually being a ski season next winter than what pass to buy and when. Who knows how long this shit is gonna last...

https://unofficialnetworks.com/2020/...e-to-covid-19/

$180 million is almost real money
    . . .

Wouldn't it be kinda nice if the big corporate-owned ski areas went Tango Uniform and some local communities picked up the banner and ran them... you know, like local communities.

A man can dream, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    They just write it off, Jerry!

Government bailout coming........

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Wouldn't it be kinda nice if the big corporate-owned ski areas went Tango Uniform and some local communities picked up the banner and ran them... you know, like local communities.

A man can dream, right?
    Had that thought earlier because Vail is tanking as we speak. I'm sure they have some kind of Loyd's of London insurance on their spring break season or something. But what if the Epic dynasty completely collapsed, and was forced to sell all assets from bankruptcy back to the states, counties, towns, or whomever they confiscated them from in the first place. Could be kinda cool. Of course there would be varying levels of success, just like back in the old days.

When do I need to renew by to save the $50?

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    When do I need to renew by to save the $50?
    You save $699 by not renewing now.