Page 232 of 266 FirstFirst ... 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 ... LastLast
Results 5,776 to 5,800 of 6644

Thread: Ikon Pass

fuck Christmas

I’m not doing that any more
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

lol

Name:  IkonMagnet.jpeg
Views: 1013
Size:  162.7 KB

I wonder when my ikon from snowbird will show up. Due to kids racing we’re “flush” with passes this year…..

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    And a private chef of course.
    I know a guy who's a full time caretaker/handyman for a rich guy's house. And he doesn't even get free lodging there. He used to volunteer at the Truckee Roundhouse, keeping machinery running but he had to stop that because his job took all his time. Apparently the 5000 dollar japanese toilets require constant repairs and adjustment. And the house has a lot of them.
    You just don't jiggle the handle like mine?

There's no discounts available anymore, right? Had been debating but finally pulling the trigger tonight before the price goes up tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    You just don't jiggle the handle like mine?
    Don't be jiggling the handle too much or you'll go blind.

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    I wonder when my ikon from snowbird will show up. Due to kids racing we’re “flush” with passes this year…..
    Yeah, at first they said sept, then oct... A basin is about to open and still radio silence on that shit. Typical

You don't want to waste one of seven Abasin days on the ribbon of death.

Jebus, could be the first time I agree with Bunz.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    You don't want to waste one of seven Abasin days on the ribbon of death.
    Fuuuuuck no. But hopefully people do.

Ha, yeah.

Well, it depends. If you're someone who truly will use all of those days later, sure, don't waste them. If, however, you're one of those people who says you're gonna use all your days later but never does, then just fucking go ski the WROD at the Basin.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Never fails, year in, year out. Skiers will stand in line for an hour after paying good money for the WROD at Abasin early, but ignore a powder day in April.

Some people are more about the scene than they are about the skiing. And that's fine. Let them buy the mugs, spend their monies in the bars, tipping my friends, wait in their lines, and keep the ski resort making money so they can stay in business. I'm all for it.

I'll be skiing weekdays, not waiting in lines, and drinking beer on my tailgate. Looking forward to this season, especially a "Normal" season where Abasin isn't on the Epic pass.

I'd love to see that stats on how many days are left over on Ikon passes at the end of the season. Then break down by how many are used at different resorts. Would be some interesting data.
    Last edited by Name Redacted; 10-16-2021 at 09:18 AM.

Obviously virtually no one uses all the days at all the resorts on their IKON pass. Or even close. And a lot of us use few if any--those of us for whom the IKON pass is the only pass at our home mountain and we don't travel to ski. So how many days are "left over" at the end of the season. Most of them.

Obviously virtually no one uses all the days at all the resorts on their IKON pass. Or even close. And a lot of us use few if any--those of us for whom the IKON pass is the only pass at our home mountain and we don't travel to ski. So how many days are "left over" at the end of the season. Most of them.
    “Us”or “We” as in TGRz, are not the demographic that is in the majority of passholders.

It would need to be a regional specific data set that showed how many of the limited days were used at the limited resort.

One thing these passes offer is an incredible amount of data to shift through and I’m just saying that it would be really interesting to see certain stats as they relate to peoples skiing and travel habits.

That data is for sale, you know. It's the new oil. Alterra has sold it to many by now.

Reservations for JH open up tomorrow for Ikon. I can’t find what time anywhere on their site...does anyone here have an idea?

I just posted a full pass in Gear Swap for $900 with the proceeds going to the US Ski & Snowboard Hall of Fame.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Wait, you met your wife in a brothel?
    Not that there is anything wrong with that

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Reservations for JH open up tomorrow for Ikon. I can’t find what time anywhere on their site...does anyone here have an idea?
    Nothing showing up yet that I see...

JHMR reservations now live. Go to Ikon Pass website, log in, go to "My Account," look for the reservations section.

I have run into a few IKON or EPIC pass holders that make an effort to do the 3-4 week pass tours. One dude I rode the chair with at SV was hitting up EPIC resorts from Cali/WB and then to Colorado.

Another retired dude from Montreal was taking a month off to ski all the CO/UT IKON locations. Then was going to do the NE States a month later.

Maybe one day when I am retired, I will give it a shot and try to hit up as many as I can in a season. All I know for sure is, I will be at least another day older when I do.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

I wonder if we will actually see anyone wearing these new Ikon Pass gear from Dakine:

https://www.dakine.com/collections/now-trending

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Well, it depends. If you're someone who truly will use all of those days later, sure, don't waste them. If, however, you're one of those people who says you're gonna use all your days later but never does, then just fucking go ski the WROD at the Basin.
    Kinda this. I always say I'm gonna ski the Basin in the spring, and then get distracted mountain biking or whatever. And now that I live further away it's even less likely that I'll make it there for anything other than Drinko. Highly considering a couple November days before Monarch opens.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.