Page 113 of 268 FirstFirst ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 6685

Thread: Ikon Pass

Hey, uh?
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Hey, don't Bogart that joint, my friend.

Long day working in mega-fumes/confined space/surrounded by Magoos.
    4X4'in it and working at a snowy jobsite all day. FKNA.
    Baked and listening to some Chocolate Watchband and Misunderstood...

I sure was not looking to opine that my hill is better than yours. I'm really not like that. I do like to compare trends and stuff with folks who've been in it for a while. I try to err on the side of observation as opposed to making statements.
    Will I tell you what 's great about my place? hell yeah, obviously. Then I'll ask you about yours and what makes it great for you.

Maybe I needs to go visit some CO mag friends this year and sample the goods. OK, after you come back this year. I have limited visitations there and distant now. Would like very much to ski CB,TR,Sil,ASP...

Oddly I find it interesting how many bad days you guys have had here.

Planning a ski trip months out means you get what it is. Chasing is the only real way and still shit happens then. Most folks can't chase. I don't. I wait. And ski whatever it's doing.

I cannot disagree that some ski days flat out suck balls in JH. Shitty skiing on a Grand scale.
    I might even advise people against skiing if it's severe. I hate skiing in rain and have never seen it rain above about 7500in winter. But overnight wet events happen. Cuz it's rock hard in the AM or punchy ice crust.

Damn, now I got Crested Butte in my head. My ski Transmission is usually a burly euro 6 speed. This year it's gonna be more like an old buick 3 on the tree.

Skiing is fun no matter where you’re at.
    Each place mentioned has its highs and lows.
    Skied at most/if not all places mentioned and had amazing and truly brutal days at them all. Still had fun though.
    Ski season can’t come soon enough and seems the recent weird snow fall we just had has everyone chomping at their bindings.
    Skie where you enjoy and enjoy where you ski. No place is truly better than the other. Well, except Andermatt, Switzerland, it fucking crushes all of our little hills.

Arguing which great ski area is the best is a futile exercise. Skiing is very conditions dependent.

That said SW Colorado has shown time and time again it doesn't matter how sweet the mountains are if they only get 200 inches of snow in a season, the skiings gonna suck.

Jackson has more consistent snowfall and typically a more stable snowpack. But when SW Colorado is in (like last year) it's hard to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Skie where you enjoy
    Have you told your parents yet that you skie?

Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Hey, don't Bogart that joint, my friend.

Long day working in mega-fumes/confined space/surrounded by Magoos.
    4X4'in it and working at a snowy jobsite all day. FKNA.
    Baked and listening to some Chocolate Watchband and Misunderstood...

I sure was not looking to opine that my hill is better than yours. I'm really not like that. I do like to compare trends and stuff with folks who've been in it for a while. I try to err on the side of observation as opposed to making statements.
    Will I tell you what 's great about my place? hell yeah, obviously. Then I'll ask you about yours and what makes it great for you.

Maybe I needs to go visit some CO mag friends this year and sample the goods. OK, after you come back this year. I have limited visitations there and distant now. Would like very much to ski CB,TR,Sil,ASP...

Oddly I find it interesting how many bad days you guys have had here.

Planning a ski trip months out means you get what it is. Chasing is the only real way and still shit happens then. Most folks can't chase. I don't. I wait. And ski whatever it's doing.

I cannot disagree that some ski days flat out suck balls in JH. Shitty skiing on a Grand scale.
    I might even advise people against skiing if it's severe. I hate skiing in rain and have never seen it rain above about 7500in winter. But overnight wet events happen. Cuz it's rock hard in the AM or punchy ice crust.
    I was at Jackson last year during spring break. Some days were absolute boilerplate off the tram in the morning. The bottom was 8” of slush most afternoons. No new snow at all.

And you know what? It absolutely kicked ass every minute of every day. We found great stashes of awesome snow tucked into chutes here and there. We enjoyed the slush bumps immensely. Rock hard Corbett’s was hilarious. Some of the boilerplate mornings were a little worrisome from a ski edge standpoint, but they sure as hell were entertaining runs.

All snow is good snow. The terrain is spectacular no matter what is on it - as long as it slides.

CB is like that too.

I’m getting a little warren miller vibe from 2funky tonight. Amen!

Ikon Pass

This JH vs CO thing is silly. Kicking Horse and Revelstoke are where it’s at. Jackson and Highlands? Not even worth coming if you are a Ikoner looking for gnar.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    Have you told your parents yet that you skie?
    They were elated I didn’t say snowboarding.....

heheheh, so baked. loopy.

Beece - sorry I missed you last year. That's some positive Irie right there. You'll not get past me twice, dog.

~~~~~~~~~~

If JH gives me an Ikon pass, do I get the JH days? To give to mags. That'd be cool.
    Gonna throw the non transferables line at me. bet.

All those fucks know me anyway. You'd have to bundle up and act all surly.

All those fucks know me anyway. You'd have to bundle up and act all surly.
    It's possible I once used a pass enough that a buddy got challenged the first time he finally got out to use his pass. They asked where his beard went

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    It's possible I once used a pass enough that a buddy got challenged the first time he finally got out to use his pass. They asked where his beard went
    Lol try that shit at Alta... I dare you

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

Ikon Pass

4000’ BC runs off of the Jackson Tram are just OK

Still bummed I was standing on the porch at 420 but didn’t meet Django and have that session after all

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Lol try that shit at Alta... I dare you

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk
    Heh

Last edited by Kinnikinnick; 10-04-2019 at 09:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

You'd have to bundle up and act all surly.
    We could easily pass for brothers. I get called Djongo so much I answer for you, but haven't been able to collect much of the $$$ owed you.

That's no keychain! It's a multi-use zipper pull/goggle skigee/ sadomasochistic face slapper at speed to remind you how good it feels to be Ikon's bitch. I now know how slut shaming feels.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0214.JPG 
Views:	178 
Size:	276.7 KB 
ID:	296421  

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    4000’ BC runs off of the Jackson Tram are just OK

Still bummed I was standing on the porch at 420 but didn’t meet Django and have that session after all

Heh

Damn. Seriously? You made it to the house of 420? I knew I missed you but didn't think it was that close. Fuck me.

Well, all the more anticipation for next attempt to party.

~~~~~~~~~`

Talisman - All the money owed me, hah! You and the special lady friend come down this winter, ok?

Abe - I think we're the same general build, you could prolly pull it off actually by chairing up. Them dinks on the low mtn. chairs are usually on their phones behind the scanner podium anyway. How was the desert? That was a GOOD call.

The Ikon flapper is too funny. I sure hope to see a bunch of silly shit this season. Last year it all took me by surprise. Hopefully I can enjoy the comedy of it all a little bit more now.

Snow squallage around the valley for days now.

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    That's no keychain! It's a multi-use zipper pull/goggle skigee/ sadomasochistic face slapper at speed to remind you how good it feels to be Ikon's bitch. I now know how slut shaming feels.
    Beer in the keyboard.
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

The best place I ever skied was the one that had fresh pow.

All time every time.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

there's no place I'd rather be in a storm cycle than JH. there's no place I'd rather be in a snow drought than snowmass. few of us seek out gnarly groomers, but when mother nature throws high pressure in your face, there's nothing better than risking massive chest trauma going mach schnell at snowmass or some other sub-par resort that begrudgingly offers better extended, winding, undulating groomers than JH.

I'm glad that everyone on this forum agrees that Colorado Fuckin Rules ! Thank you Blurred 11 's for showing us how rad Vail is oh so long ago !

^^^ He speaks the whole and unvarnished truth.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    The best place I ever skied was the one that had fresh pow.

All time every time.
    My buddy always says, any hill with a foot of fresh is great.

Quote Originally Posted by dump View Post
    Skiing JH last year after the big dump and there were moose walking around the lower runs. Ski patrol had to direct idiot skiers away. The moose win
    I can't remember if it was Steamboat or CB but I saw the same thing a couple years ago.

Ikon Pass

^^^ Same at Breck the past few seasons. Fucking tourons.