Page 117 of 268 FirstFirst ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 6694

Thread: Ikon Pass

New Ikon email:
    $50 off till 11/6.
    $1,049 vs. $1,099
    Or
    $749 vs. $799
    Code: LOYALTY

FYI.

Hey I am buying tickets with some United airlines $ I have from volunteering to be bumped. Taking my 15 yo son out west for his first time. He skis everything in NH VT and is an instructor this season, so this is his reward. Last week of Feb, prob 26-29, 3 or 4 days skiing.
    United flies cheap direct to Denver and I get a free check bag with my credit card, so that makes the most sense. But I already booked a ticket for a 2 week trip late January out there and will probably burn alot of my base pass days.
    Would Winter Park or Copper be good for this trip? I have not been to either of those places in ages.
    Winter Park Cirque and Eagle Wind and Mary Jane fun for like 3 or 4 days? I would love to do the trip without a car, shuttle to the mountain and then bus or walk to ski and eat. We lap all day and then eat ramen in the room. Maggot in training. Winter Park does look pretty dang good.
    Copper? Also looks cool.
    I don't really want to go to 2 different places (both WP and Copper) in that amount of time.
    He would love Alta. But say, Beaver Creek would sort of be lame with the exception of grouse mountain.
    I can also fly direct to SFO and go to Squaw, but that's a drive, and already a longer flight.
    I really want to show him big Rocky Mountain skiing. Wide open stuff like Vail Back Bowls. And steep chutes like some of the stuff off of Supreme lift.
    I want to blow his mind and *almost* make him want to drop out of school and move to CO.
    Also easy BC nearby would be cool. He has marker tour bindings so we could do a lap. I can't afford guided, would have to be someplace with a ton of people. I have aiare 1 and could will prob get XMas gift BSP for him, but he has no idea about that stuff *yet*.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Hey I am buying tickets with some United airlines $ I have from volunteering to be bumped. Taking my 15 yo son out west for his first time. He skis everything in NH VT and is an instructor this season, so this is his reward. Last week of Feb, prob 26-29, 3 or 4 days skiing.
    United flies cheap direct to Denver and I get a free check bag with my credit card, so that makes the most sense. But I already booked a ticket for a 2 week trip late January out there and will probably burn alot of my base pass days.
    Would Winter Park or Copper be good for this trip? I have not been to either of those places in ages.
    Winter Park Cirque and Eagle Wind and Mary Jane fun for like 3 or 4 days? I would love to do the trip without a car, shuttle to the mountain and then bus or walk to ski and eat. We lap all day and then eat ramen in the room. Maggot in training. Winter Park does look pretty dang good.
    Copper? Also looks cool.
    I don't really want to go to 2 different places (both WP and Copper) in that amount of time.
    He would love Alta. But say, Beaver Creek would sort of be lame with the exception of grouse mountain.
    I can also fly direct to SFO and go to Squaw, but that's a drive, and already a longer flight.
    I really want to show him big Rocky Mountain skiing. Wide open stuff like Vail Back Bowls. And steep chutes like some of the stuff off of Supreme lift.
    I want to blow his mind and *almost* make him want to drop out of school and move to CO.
    Also easy BC nearby would be cool. He has marker tour bindings so we could do a lap. I can't afford guided, would have to be someplace with a ton of people. I have aiare 1 and could will prob get XMas gift BSP for him, but he has no idea about that stuff *yet*.

Thanks
    Alta. Done

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Alta. Done

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Fack I know. Alta vs Winter Park. Any comparison?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

None whatsoever

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

If you can swing staying at the base area of Alta, it's gonna be much better (and I love WP, it's my regular mountain). WP has amazing tree skiing, and obviously is known for great bump skiing, and is a fun mountain overall with pretty mellow/fun town, but steep chutes in high alpine stuff is not its strong suit. Copper is better for that (overall I prefer WP but they're close to even overall), and Alta sure is.

That said, if you're staying anywhere outside of the canyon, and don't have a car, I think Alta would not be nearly as much fun as an overall ski trip, even if the skiing is better.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Rent a car at SLC, stay cheap down in Sandy. Works great, though of course staying in the canyon is better.

Re: IKON pass. Now that I finally uploaded a photo, are the going to send it to me or what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Rent a car at SLC, stay cheap down in Sandy. Works great, though of course staying in the canyon is better.
    Yep. I will say, though, that the experience of staying in Sandy is very much not a "ski" experience. It's affordable, and the skiing in LCC/BCC is great. But if I was traveling a long distance for a ski trip, I'd be looking for more than a motel in a suburban concrete wasteland. There's something about ski towns and that whole experience that is sorely lacking. But if skiing awesome terrain on the cheap is THE goal, it's a great option.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

No. Not really.

And I really like WP and Copper.

But they aren't even in the same ballpark.

This is stupid. You love your kid or not? You want to blow his mind? Fly to Jackson Hole even if you have to connect somewhere, stay at the Hostel on the mountain. Bring gear and slip out the south gates if conditions are safe. You don't need a car. The end.

You are not going to blow his mind in Colorado with an Ikon, save for maybe Highlands Bowl...and the rest of the Aspen complex with a stay at the St. Moritz.

We are actually going to ski Copper this year just because I have a long time friend who works at a bar at the base, I want to show my 9 year old an old old haunt, it is not blacked out on MLK weekend, and it is on the way to Aspen. I expect her to be underwhelmed but it is a good mountain.

Another option for you would be Big Sky. Also requires a connection but the mountain can definitely explode the brain of a 15 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post

Re: IKON pass. Now that I finally uploaded a photo, are the going to send it to me or what?
    Takes a couple weeks after upload. For hilarious non stop jong commentary be sure to get on the official Ikon FB page.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks... Will look at flights and ish.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Bozeman. United has regular flights. You can grab a shuttle bus down.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    This is stupid. You love your kid or not? You want to blow his mind? Fly to Jackson Hole even if you have to connect somewhere, stay at the Hostel on the mountain. Bring gear and slip out the south gates if conditions are safe. You don't need a car. The end.
    Bada Bing Bada Boom.

Fucking nailed it Mag.

About 90 minutes flytime from the big tent airport, DIA. Worlds apart in experience.

The JH gangsters will make a Mag of the lad in short order.

Is he well mannered?

Does he smoke weed?

~~~just kidding~~~

I'd be amped to introduce him to BIG mountain skiing. Teach him the vibe. Show him the sidecountry...

Maybe introduce him to some true Lifers, Masters of the TURN.

I'll pick ya up at the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Bada Bing Bada Boom.

Fucking nailed it Mag.

About 90 minutes flytime from the big tent airport, DIA. Worlds apart in experience.

The JH gangsters will make a Mag of the lad in short order.

Is he well mannered?

Does he smoke weed?

~~~just kidding~~~

I'd be amped to introduce him to BIG mountain skiing. Teach him the vibe. Show him the sidecountry...

Maybe introduce him to some true Lifers, Masters of the TURN.

I'll pick ya up at the airport.
    Word. Or fly him/you into Bozeman and ski Big Sky and Bridger.
    Guaranfuckinteed he will want to move to either JH or the ‘zone after that visit. Hell, i did.

I don't remember the name of the place, but isn't there a ski in / out place at Alta that includes meals along with the room price? Probably not cheap, but skiing Alta and Snowbird for a kid from the Northeast would be a great vacation. And you can get shuttled from the airport so don't need a car.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I don't remember the name of the place, but isn't there a ski in / out place at Alta that includes meals along with the room price? Probably not cheap, but skiing Alta and Snowbird for a kid from the Northeast would be a great vacation. And you can get shuttled from the airport so don't need a car.
    Gold miner daughter. I stayed there last time in a shared room. It's $ for a private room but I am going to try to swing it for a couple nights

Last edited by jhyatt; 11-01-2019 at 07:29 PM.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Peruvian is all inclusive....maybe Snowpine, too
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    We are actually going to ski Copper this year just because I have a long time friend who works at a bar at the base, I want to show my 9 year old an old old haunt, it is not blacked out on MLK weekend, and it is on the way to Aspen. I expect her to be underwhelmed but it is a good mountain....
    Ski Cooper is fun. The new Poma lift off the backside is gonna be soft snow in trees for days.

Sunlight is another great stop on the way to Aspen.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Ski Cooper is fun. The new Poma lift off the backside is gonna be soft snow in trees for days.

I haven't skied either place in maybe three decades but really do want to go back to both. I camped up by Sunlight last Feb and they had so much snow....it just looked fabulous. Alas Ajax and Highlands were even better.

Also you motivated me to look up the info on the Cooper expansion....https://www.skicooper.com/tennessee-creek-basin/ Like some said below, not Ikon but not expensive either.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TCB-Trail-map-for-Website-Blog-page.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	300554

Must Make It To Big Sky This Season!
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post

Neither of those are on Ikon

They're both on the GEMS card if you're thinking about making the trip though

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Must Make It To Big Sky This Season!
    PM me if you want a shack tour.

Name:	IMG_1442.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	300563

Name:	IMG_2102.JPG 
Views:	171 
Size:	320.7 KB 
ID:	300564

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Yep. I will say, though, that the experience of staying in Sandy is very much not a "ski" experience. It's affordable, and the skiing in LCC/BCC is great. But if I was traveling a long distance for a ski trip, I'd be looking for more than a motel in a suburban concrete wasteland. There's something about ski towns and that whole experience that is sorely lacking. But if skiing awesome terrain on the cheap is THE goal, it's a great option.
    The Mexican food is cheap and awesome.