Page 173 of 268 FirstFirst ... 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,325 of 6694

Thread: Ikon Pass

They might even shut down a bunch of the real estate lifts if they aren't contractually obligated to keep them running.
    They are contractually obligated. One of the downfalls of using those lifts to pad your numbers is that for a set period of time they must spin.

And there's no real risk to them opening-
    Just the check they have to write to their insurance carrier to open.

And at this point, really, who in the fuck can say? At the current rate we will have 200K dead by Halloween.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    They are contractually obligated. One of the downfalls of using those lifts to pad your numbers is that for a set period of time they must spin.

And at this point, really, who in the fuck can say? At the current rate we will have 200K dead by Halloween.
    I bet coronavirus costumes are all the rage. Sorry, bad taste.

Is Spirit Mountain considered part of the real estate lifts? Those would be easy lifts to shut down.

Bite your tongue. It will taste bad.

Spirit Mountain is the center of the universe. Especially after next summer when the new hotel opens.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Ikon has not yet flinched with the 6.17.2020 renewal date. It seems they are going to hold where they are.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    Ikon has not yet flinched with the 6.17.2020 renewal date. It seems they are going to hold where they are.
    And a heads up for anyone waiting for the last minute - from what Ikon said, that deadline is 12:00 AM on June 17 - in other words, midnight tomorrow night.

If you wait until the morning of June 17, it might be too late.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Ikon Pass

Duplicate post.
    Last edited by wolfelot; 06-16-2020 at 07:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    Hopefully they will sell far fewer of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Sure. You can get the old Squaw pass for $1299 I think.
    Shit, I remember when I was in college, a Squaw pass was something like $750, probably about 15x what a day pass at the window was, and the equivalent of at least $2000 in current dollars. These people whining about how they only got 40 days on a pass that they'd intended to get 60 days on for their $650 investment have no idea how good they've got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    And that is one opinion.

I am thinking that we may see an abbreviated season, certainly over by April and maybe not starting until a week of so before Christmas and possibly 4 day a week operations except for the traditional holidays, potentially less terrain, and a bunch of the smaller areas deciding they just don't want to take the risk.
    It could be regionally dependent for sure. In places like Summit county, where we are close to major metropolitan areas, we are already seeing a large influx of people this summer. Day trippers can pack a lunch and have some beers on the tailgate.
    Destination resorts will have a much harder time.
    Late spring might actually be pretty good for places that hold snow, like Summit. A vaccine could be widely available by then. Plus spring skiers are overwhelmingly millennials who don’t give a fuck about the virus anyway.

Nothing will be normal for a while, but just roll with it. I already have one pass. We will see about the others.

I've always been a glass half full kinda guy and with this I'm a glass 3/4 full. I'm clearly in the minority here because I'm thinking this thing will be figured out (not solved by any means) by November/December. Obviously the next couple of months will tell us a lot. Bought the full Ikon pass today and I'll keep my fingers crossed and head in the sand.

skiers w be out there no matter what. time to argue whateve.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    And a heads up for anyone waiting for the last minute - from what Ikon said, that deadline is 12:00 AM on June 17 - in other words, midnight tomorrow night.

If you wait until the morning of June 17, it might be too late.
    Whoa thanks. I missed that part.

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    I've always been a glass half full kinda guy and with this I'm a glass 3/4 full. I'm clearly in the minority here because I'm thinking this thing will be figured out (not solved by any means) by November/December. Obviously the next couple of months will tell us a lot. Bought the full Ikon pass today and I'll keep my fingers crossed and head in the sand.
    You're not alone - there are dozens of us!

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    skiers w be out there no matter what. time to argue whateve.

No idea what that video part has to do with anything in this thread, but randomly it was one of my favorites when I was a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    No idea what that video part has to do with anything in this thread, but randomly it was one of my favorites when I was a kid.
    Skaters are so fucking tough to be able to learn those tricks while absorbing all the concrete crashes it must entail. That shit just blows me away.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Skaters are so fucking tough to be able to learn those tricks while absorbing all the concrete crashes it must entail. That shit just blows me away.
    Yeah I was doing that same shit when that video came out (20 something years ago) and I’m definitely paying for it now. Totally worth it.

Ikon posted on Facebook page that pass prices increase $50 tomorrow. They didn't say for how long.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Ikon Pass went to total fucking garbage when they decided to remove Aspen/Jackson from the base pass. What a fucking joke. JH/Aspen and Alterra caved to some bullshit perceived notion that resorts were overcrowding.

Now they are probably thinking twice about the deal they made. Bet these resorts wish Ikon Passes would show up more this season!

Ikon Base is shit compared to Epic Local now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Ikon Pass went to total fucking garbage when they decided to remove Aspen/Jackson from the base pass. What a fucking joke.
    Meh.

I hate the whole super pass duopoly.

But... I just renewed my season pass (Ikon only - no other choice) for less than $640 for an Ikon base.

Even if I don't use it somewhere else it's still a fucking bargain.
    Last edited by PNWbrit; 06-16-2020 at 06:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I couldn't really pass it up, given that this year is our last chance for the kid to get a season pass for $170. The if-it's-such-a-complete-blowout-that-you-don't-even-go-once guarantee, and the other thing with proportional credit, sealed the deal.

Heads-up: If you're Pacific Time, the "June 17" deadline happens at 11PM tonight, not midnight.

In these unprecedented times, the Muted family is given Ikon the finger and trying something different.

Buutttt......we will probably be back and be Ikonized some other year.

Anyone on the inside know how pass sales are?

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    In these unprecedented times, the Muted family is given Ikon the finger and trying something different.

Buutttt......we will probably be back and be Ikonized some other year.
    Same here.

But I reaaalllly hope everyone in the Tahoe area stays ikonic so Kirkwood is doable without the parking fiascos of 2018-19.

Website says you'll be able to buy now and upgrade passes later if you want. Anyone know if the early discount would apply - as in, purchase the base with the discount now, upgrade to regular ikon in October at the early rate?
    Also, it's kinda fucked that they have the whole discount deal if resorts are closed, but if a resort is open with limited operations, that won't count. It's looking pretty likely that there will be some sort of reservation system for most resorts.
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Ikon little kids: $169. Local mountain little kids $10. Can’t quite justify for my 2 and 4 year olds!