Page 22 of 268 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Ikon Pass

Another reason for bcc/LCC.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

I'm eagerly awaiting to see what Epic Summer offers... looking for that Keystone/Whistler/Vail/CB combo bike pass.

An Ikon Summer giving Trestle/Snowmass/Steamboat/Copper would be pretty cool too
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    I'm eagerly awaiting to see what Epic Summer offers... looking for that Keystone/Whistler/Vail/CB combo bike pass.

An Ikon Summer giving Trestle/Snowmass/Steamboat/Copper would be pretty cool too
    Has Epic traditionally carried over into summer? I know there was a discount a few years ago for summer bike haul at keystone but that was it.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Has Epic traditionally carried over into summer? I know there was a discount a few years ago for summer bike haul at keystone but that was it.
    You are correct

They have offere combo bike passes though that had days at Keystone, Vail, Breck, Tahoe, UT mountains though... was never worth it for that. I just would get the Keystone pass.

But if they add Whistler and CB...
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    There was a relationship between the previous Canyons ownership and the ultra-fundamentalist/ultra-Orthodox Jewish community in NYC. Bunch of racist assholes. I have to imagine that they are in a different league from the typical Whiteface passholder. I never found the ADK crowd to be particularly dickish.

Okemo and Sunapee attract the New England equivalent of the CO front-ranger. Middle class, not super-assholeish, but very numerous.
    I never knew the Hasidics to be skiers. Interesting.

I would say the ADK crowd are definitely decent people. Good skiers too.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Yeah, you get a cheap bike haul ticket in the summer. Like $19 at Vail...not sure what Keystone’s is with an Epic Pass. Maybe $25?

There was a relationship between the previous Canyons ownership and the ultra-fundamentalist/ultra-Orthodox Jewish community in NYC. Bunch of racist assholes. I have to imagine that they are in a different league from the typical Whiteface passholder. I never found the ADK crowd to be particularly dickish.

Okemo and Sunapee attract the New England equivalent of the CO front-ranger. Middle class, not super-assholeish, but very numerous.
    Calls out racists

Profiles a city’s residents

Getting real in the Whole Foods parking lot when Sirshreddin thinks he knows oppression LOL

Just saw an ad for the Ikon Pass while watching Chopped.
    Fucking bizarre.
    crab in my shoe mouth

There was a relationship between the previous Canyons ownership and the ultra-fundamentalist/ultra-Orthodox Jewish community in NYC. .

So, canyons on the sabbath should be untracked?
    . . .

Copper just got into bed with REI for some 4 packs.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Just saw an ad for the Ikon Pass while watching Chopped.
    Fucking bizarre.
    Yeah, watch h Chopped is pretty fucken bizarre. Do you like Project Runway as well?

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Yeah, watch h Chopped is pretty fucken bizarre. Do you like Project Runway as well?
    I’m not sure I know what that is. I can’t be the only maggot that likes watching Chopped, high as a kite.

Wait in the car
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    So, canyons on the sabbath should be untracked?
    L’chaim and drop the fuck in. Everyone knew this already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know who the previous owners of Canyons were--were they Christian fundamentalists? Some ultra Orthodox Jews and ultra-fundamentalist Christians have a relationship, involving Biblical prophesies about the end times which involves rebuilding the temple in Jerusalem (the Muslims might have something to say about that), and then sacrificing a red heifer on the altar, after which the messiah will come (or return, depending), the battle of Armaggedon will be fought, and everyone will go to heaven or hell. The Jews and Christians don't seem to be in agreement on who goes where. The nature of the relationship is that the Jews are paying Christian farmers in the US to breed red heifers, since I guess ranching isn't big in Israel. Anyways--back to the Ikon pass--I don't see heaven or hell on the list of destinations, but that could change.

^^Heaven and hell are definitely on there. Hell would be Squaw (and probably several others) on a Saturday. If you choose your days and location wisely, you just might end up in heaven.
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Been thinking about this.. don't hold your breath. I think eventually, but I bet there isn't much pushing that at this point.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I don't know who the previous owners of Canyons were--were they Christian fundamentalists? Some ultra Orthodox Jews and ultra-fundamentalist Christians have a relationship, involving Biblical prophesies about the end times which involves rebuilding the temple in Jerusalem (the Muslims might have something to say about that), and then sacrificing a red heifer on the altar, after which the messiah will come (or return, depending), the battle of Armaggedon will be fought, and everyone will go to heaven or hell. The Jews and Christians don't seem to be in agreement on who goes where. The nature of the relationship is that the Jews are paying Christian farmers in the US to breed red heifers, since I guess ranching isn't big in Israel. Anyways--back to the Ikon pass--I don't see heaven or hell on the list of destinations, but that could change.
    Prior owners were Talisker. Don't know how the ownership group was involved with the ultra-Orthodox, but they were nasty and racist.

Talisker are scumbags of the highest order regardless of racist or religious scumbaggery. I would love to elaborate more, but it will have to be done over bevies, preferably when everyone is blasted enough to forget what was said.

Prior owners were Talisker. Don't know how the ownership group was involved with the ultra-Orthodox, but they were nasty and racist.
    prior??? naw they still own the land that PCMR/canyons sits on and they own the infrastructure/lifts/etc. Vail leases the ski resort from them for $25 million/yr I believe

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    prior??? naw they still own the land that PCMR/canyons sits on and they own the infrastructure/lifts/etc. Vail leases the ski resort from them for $25 million/yr I believe
    I'm not sure about owning the infrastructure, but you're right about the lease on the Canyons side. Vail owns the PCMR side outright at this point, unless I'm mistaken. Talisker never got their hands on that side.

Such a deal!

Aspen’s Premier Pass already includes a summer foot pass and the bike Pass is only $60.
    They also sell an unlimited locals clinic pass for $129, of which my wife has already taken 8.

I'm kinda disappointed that the use of the pass for spring skiing this year requires you to get a pass at the resort each day of use. I figured they would send it out this spring and I'd be able to avoid the ticket lines every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Aspen’s Premier Pass already includes a summer foot pass and the bike Pass is only $60.
    They also sell an unlimited locals clinic pass for $129, of which my wife has already taken 8.
    That is solid.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague