Page 170 of 172 FirstFirst ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 LastLast
Results 4,226 to 4,250 of 4282

Thread: Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by tahoe420 View Post
    Diamond Peak is owned by the town and they
    aren't going to give up or lease out the hill ever.
    Actually, I could easily see Diamond signing on for a one-or-two-use-per-season deal with an Indy Pass type service, because, for years, they had just about exactly that kind of deal with Snowbomb (they phased out the Snowbomb deals, not because being town-owned prohibited it, but because in recent years there's been enough gravy in the Tahoe skiing market that they didn't need to bother). Homewood could go for a limited-use deal as well, and if it was mid-week only, it could work with parking (but yeah, Homewood's playing a different game than trying to boost their skier-days).

Diamond Peak actually has an exchange deal with Tahoe Donner starting last season where each pass gets a few days at the other.

Homewood said on Instagram today theyíd announce season pass details next week.

I bet Ikon keeps the price the same all the way until their December deadline.

I wish theyíd just add on the free pass insurance like Vail did for Epic. Then Iíd signup. Otherwise, itís a huge roll of the dice.

^^this
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Yep
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

Perhaps an even bigger issue for me than an outright cancellation of the season is what an actual reopening looks like come next winter.

Will we need to reserve a spot in advance similar to what A Basin is doing now? Are we all going to need to stay 6 feet apart in the lift line? Only members of your party can be on the chair with you at the same time?

All of those additional measures would be added stress in a sport that I participate in to de-stress. This may actually be the year I skip getting a pass.

Quote Originally Posted by mdblows View Post
    Perhaps an even bigger issue for me than an outright cancellation of the season is what an actual reopening looks like come next winter.

Will we need to reserve a spot in advance similar to what A Basin is doing now? Are we all going to need to stay 6 feet apart in the lift line? Only members of your party can be on the chair with you at the same time?

All of those additional measures would be added stress in a sport that I participate in to de-stress. This may actually be the year I skip getting a pass.
    I think thereís a very good chance of all that. Problem is Iím not sure weíll know how itíll all play out until we already have to commit to something.

I keep reading in other states and countries where they opened up and now they are closing it back down. I am fairly pessimistic that next season is going to happen, which is a massive bummer, as skiing is one thing I really look forward to all year. I will end up buying a pass at the last second, in hope it works out, but I am not counting on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

We will have drugs/treatments by then, and further understanding of the virus and potential mitigation strategies. What you're describing is opening today - not 6 months from now. A lot will change, and for the better IMO. We got this.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I keep reading in other states and countries where they opened up and now they are closing it back down. I am fairly pessimistic that next season is going to happen, which is a massive bummer, as skiing is one thing I really look forward to all year. I will end up buying a pass at the last second, in hope it works out, but I am not counting on it.
    Got any links to these articles you keep reading? I'm curious. Google search does not turn up much.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Got any links to these articles you keep reading? I'm curious. Google search does not turn up much.
    Top Google search -

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/calif...b64f10cb09045c

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    We will have drugs/treatments by then.
    Not necessarily. 5-6 months isn't that much time.

I'm thinking of buying a sled this winter so I can access more remote zones, as popular backcountry trailheads are going to be packed if resorts don't open or have limited operations. Or crazy lines due to social distancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ski220 View Post
    Top Google search -
    Interesting. Did you see this update that was added to the article a day later?

UPDATE: May 29 — Lassen County on Thursday terminated its order to scale back reopening, which was initially intended to remain in effect for seven days. Korver cited “contact tracing investigations” in his decision.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Not necessarily. 5-6 months isn't that much time.

I'm thinking of buying a sled this winter so I can access more remote zones, as popular backcountry trailheads are going to be packed if resorts don't open or have limited operations. Or crazy lines due to social distancing.
    Iíll sell you mine.

Sled trailheads were even worse, because thereís a lot less of them and the the fact most people canít drive a trailer worth shit.

The Ikon pays for itself in about a week.
    You all know youíll cave.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    I’ll sell you mine.

Sled trailheads were even worse, because there’s a lot less of them and the the fact most people can’t drive a trailer worth shit.

The Ikon pays for itself in about a week.
    You all know you’ll cave.
    There's plenty of zones around Tahoe / Eastern Sierra where you can get out with a sled and there's way less people around. I'm sure there are regional differences.

Gman is online now Mack Master William Large
    We will have drugs/treatments by then, and further understanding of the virus and potential mitigation strategies. What you're describing is opening today - not 6 months from now. A lot will change, and for the better IMO. We got this.
    What are you basing this on? I havenít seen anything that says we will have a vaccine before the end of the year. Iím not saying it will always be like this but no way we have a vaccine in 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Gman View Post
    What are you basing this on? I haven’t seen anything that says we will have a vaccine before the end of the year. I’m not saying it will always be like this but no way we have a vaccine in 6 months.
    Didn't say vaccine. In fact I bet a vaccine for this never comes to the general population.

Treatments could mean a better understanding of the virus and what's needed to treat patients, drugs could mean anything really - even something that reduces symptoms or shortens recovery time would be a game-changer. I just think its nuts to think that an entire planet can't come up with something by then, especially with hundreds of human trials and research happening already.

I'm basing this on humans being smart as shit and focused on solving this problem on a global scale. We're too good for this.

Let's hope billions upon billions of fiat currencies being spent finds some type of solution. And it doesn't end up being like HIV and cancer with hundreds upon hundreds if not trillions spent with little to show for it for decades.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

~600 to ski wherever the fuck you want seems like a decent deal.

, drugs could mean anything really .
    Hookers and blow!

I can't buy a sled for 600. With a trailer.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Nothing in the ski industry is ever as it seems or is being made out to be - unless you were just buried in an avalanche.

I'm basing this on humans being smart as shit and focused on solving this problem on a global scale. We're too good for this.
    You forgot the /S
    Ooof!

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    There's plenty of zones around Tahoe / Eastern Sierra where you can get out with a sled and there's way less people around. I'm sure there are regional differences.
    We could keep our sleds at the top of the gondi, which is really convenient. But on March 15 there were 40-50 sleds stranded up there, that we needed to shuttle/skin up to.
    The two trailheads that can access that zone were total clusterfucks, from then on.

Sled skiing also really beats my body up. After skinning a bunch, I just feel better and I really got into the quiet solitude.

My kid will be pissed, but I think I'll sell both of mine come fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    You forgot the /S
    I meant outside of the USA.

Didn't say vaccine. In fact I bet a vaccine for this never comes to the general population.

Treatments could mean a better understanding of the virus and what's needed to treat patients, drugs could mean anything really - even something that reduces symptoms or shortens recovery time would be a game-changer. I just think its nuts to think that an entire planet can't come up with something by then, especially with hundreds of human trials and research happening already.

I'm optimistic about what next winter will look like as well but I would add this for perspective. My brother has been a pulmonologist working in ICU's for the past 20 years and he says a vaccine by the end of the year is more likely (not guaranteed by any means mind you) than effective treatments for two reasons:

1. The amount of money and work being poured into vaccine development for COVID far exceeds any other vaccine in modern history and certainly more than any other outbreak or pandemic of the last 20-30 years.

2. Effective treatments for upper-respiratory viruses have, historically speaking, been few and far between. We've been studying the common influenza strain for over a 100 years, doctors and researchers can see and study it in millions of people every year, and the best we have is Tamiflu, and all it does is shorten the duration of symptoms. Treatment for most upper respiratory viruses, even in an ICU, is primarily supportive in nature; help treat the symptoms so the immune system can do it thing and hope the patients immune system is up the task.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."