Page 165 of 268 FirstFirst ... 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,125 of 6694

Thread: Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Considering Aspen is 50% of the Alterra group, you would think so.
    40%

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    40%
    Oh, I didn't know there was some actual breakdown. Mostly just meant they partnered with KSL / Squaw to create Alterra in the first place. Anyway... this week seems like a logical time for some kind of announcement.

Watch out for Beavis.

https://castbox.fm/vb/258918596

what's the consensus on ikon further sweetening/extending early buy deadline? i think it's may 27..

I just received a $106 credit from ikon
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Cool

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    what's the consensus on ikon further sweetening/extending early buy deadline? i think it's may 27..
    I would think that if they do anything it would be to match the guarantee/refund policy offered by Epic, but still a few weeks before we need to decide if we buy or not.

I just got a $27 refund check from my Auto insurance company.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

State regulated industry

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    But likely they got a bigger check from the CARES act.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

I dont get the assurance plan. So if the season is cancelled before 12/19 and I havent used it then i can get my $ back, but if I ski once before that or once on 12/20 and then the season shuts down then I’m totally out the $3000 for 4 of these?

Not a lot of assurance

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Notice how they've cut back on advertising?

The car insurance rebates are mainly because insurance companies are saving piles of money because (1) People are driving far, far less, for months, (2) Because there are fewer people on the road, accidents are less likely, and (3) Most people commit annually for car insurance. Oh, and also because the insurance industry is government regulated in most places.

That has nothing to do with Ikon Pass "insurance" marketing.

It seems to me that the main point of the Ikon insurance thing, as it currently stands, is so that customers have an opportunity to defer if it starts to become clear that the 20-21 season isn't happening, but not to allow "insurance" if the season is happening, but the snowpack ends up being terrible. They should probably improve the policy to be more like Epic's, but there's really no intention to give people a bailout for an inferior season, just to offer an out if December rolls around and it's looking like a complete bust.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    I dont get the assurance plan. So if the season is cancelled before 12/19 and I havent used it then i can get my $ back, but if I ski once before that or once on 12/20 and then the season shuts down then I’m totally out the $3000 for 4 of these?

Not a lot of assurance

You do NOT get your money back. You can only defer into the next season if you don’t use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post

Not a lot of assurance

Then by all means. Don't buy.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    You do NOT get your money back. You can only defer into the next season if you don’t use it.
    To be specific, you get to roll the cost of your 20/21 Ikon Pass into the cost of the 21/22 Ikon Pass. Their FAQ specifically says that if the price goes up, then "pass holder will be responsible for paying any price difference that may be incurred based on current prices at the time of purchase." (https://www.ikonpass.com/en/adventure-assurance-program). Paying for the difference in a price increase seems a little sideways to me, and a part of me hopes that the "price difference" is just talking about late season 21/22 renewals as opposed to an increase in early bird pricing. But, that might just be wishful thinking on my part.

I did find it interesting that a Podcast interview with the Alterra CEO stated that "more Ikon Pass adjustments are coming, including a plan for what will happen in the event of another shutdown," and the date of that interview came after Alterra announced the Adventure Assurance program (https://skiing.substack.com/p/covid-...cast-9-alterra). Since the original announcement, Epic has announced their own pass insurance. And, in terms of Ikon Pass resorts, Aspen/Snowmass, Arapahoe Basin, and Copper Mountain have all announced more forgiving refunds and deferral policies if the 20/21 season goes down the drain. I'm hoping that the adjustments mentioned in that interview are forecasting adjustments to the Ikon Pass' Adventure Assurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    Then by all means. Don't buy.
    Seriously, all kinnikinnick does is bitch that he isn't getting maximum value out of his purchase. I wonder if he plans to ski every day of the ski season??

So both years i bought the base IKON early and then didn't pay attention to the timing and amount of the increases.
    How much did it go up and when did they stop selling them?
    What is the premium to wait 'til all the cards are on the table? And when does that cease to be an option?

i pulled the trigger. it's amazing for 600 bucks where and how much you can ski. i'm going to start taking jan-april off each year and w the van, it's an insanely good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by tony3 View Post
    So both years i bought the base IKON early and then didn't pay attention to the timing and amount of the increases.
    How much did it go up and when did they stop selling them?
    What is the premium to wait 'til all the cards are on the table? And when does that cease to be an option?
    I ran group buy last year (and have one this year). FYI, anyone buying a pass can help the group, so shoot me anPM to find out how.

Last year, there was a price increase in spring of $100. There was $30 Renewal Discount. The Group Buy price was also a $30 discount.

When prices increased in April, the Group Buy price remained at the original offering price.

Prices increased again August 2nd by $100. And again in October by $100. All told it was a $300 increase over the early offering price.

I do not know what the Group Buy will look like after May 27th. For sure, if you are eligible for a Renewal Discount, it will likely cost you much more to buy after price increases happen.

If there's a pandemic second wave such that most everybody defers to 21/22, then the analytics used for Ikon to set the price of that 21/22 pass is hugely problematic. They could just double the price because most of the downside is eliminated -- most of the demand side of the supply/demand curve still "has to" pay half to "not purchase".

IKON doesn't have to copy Epic's guarantee. They could restrict the guarantee to only Covid related failure to open. They could offer a refund if they haven't opened by a much later date than Dec 10. Or they could guarantee being open a certain number of days with prorated refunds if they don't meet the guarantee. If they guarantee 100 days and are open 50 you get a 50% refund. The idea that you have to make a decision by Dec 10 is bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    ...The idea that you have to make a decision by Dec 10 is bullshit.
    ^^^ this ^^^
    Given my wife's age and upper respiratory system risk factors, combined with the imminent 2nd wave, and the fact that I refreshed my skin supply with two pairs of Pomocas, I know what I'm doing next Winter.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Dec. 10 is a long way away.

A vaccine is a long, long way away.