Page 184 of 268 FirstFirst ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,600 of 6694

Thread: Ikon Pass

From IKON "Director of Digital"

"All you skiers out there, RIP your inbox on Monday."

https://twitter.com/stevenhubertron/...94281676259332

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    From IKON "Director of Digital"

"All you skiers out there, RIP your inbox on Monday."

https://twitter.com/stevenhubertron/...94281676259332
    What does that mean? Rest In Peace your inbox makes no sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    No idea. I'm guessing a bunch of plans/announcements from all the individual resorts.

IKON seems pretty roll-your-own plan vs Vails overarching plan.

I was gonna buy tonight now that I’ve have a few beers. Hardest pass buying decision I’ve made in 10 years.

Now I gotta wait. I’m such a poon, just send that shit.

Did Benny ever get back to you? Maybe wait, that might help?

It means he's a dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    Did Benny ever get back to you? Maybe wait, that might help?
    He didn’t, no. Should I just keep railing off messages to him?

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    No idea. I'm guessing a bunch of plans/announcements from all the individual resorts.

IKON seems pretty roll-your-own plan vs Vails overarching plan.
    So IKON is taking the federal government’s strategy for dealing with a deadly virus?

Uh... seriously? Do we really gotta walk you through this one?

What if they’re like “no more passes being sold”

What if they keep selling passes but start dropping resorts...this all could get so complicated. The multi resort passes were never meant for pandemic restricted skiing.

As a touron lifer I am glad we are within a days drive of the best mountains in the intermountain west. Seems like we can always turn a trip to somewhere and make something of it.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Ikon Pass

I know. Clearly they’ve never seen my inbox on a Monday before... or after a week off.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Have any Ikon mountains like Copper explained their bussing plan from the outer free lots to the village? On weekends, this could be a huge problem. Like a 45 min wait to get into a half full bus. Am I blowing it out of proportion?...
    Last I heard, a Copper manager guy said publicly that a shuttle plan was the next issue he was working on, and he thought it was very important and difficult to solve. My thought was, for the resorts who currently use real busses---maybe they should buy more of those outdated trailer thingies that are just benches bolted onto a LONG flatbed trailer, towed by a regular pickup truck. Like what Big Sky still uses, and I think maybe they can daisy-chain the trailers, like maybe 2 trailers attached to 1 truck. Drive a bunch of those trailers all day long. Not elegant snobby luxury---just move the cattle with no walls and lots of open air.

Quote Originally Posted by IrieIbex View Post
    What if they’re like “no more passes being sold”
    Nah, I doubt IKON will stop pass sales on Monday. Whatever the "right" number is for limiting pass sales, surely IKON already exceeded that number months ago. Like, didn't EPIC sell 900,000 passes one year? These IKON/EPIC numbers are always off the charts. At this point, IKON must choose a way to limit IKON Passholder visits at each IKON destination. They could choose parking reservations, or ski lift reservations, or whatever---but surely governments will require that EVERY IKON destination has a rejection system to prevent 900,000 pre-paid skiers from showing up at the same resort---however unlikely or however hypothetical that is. My dream is that the chosen limits rarely get reached, so that rejections aren't common. But need limits anyway, just in case.

And another thing, RE: Mammoth's current claim of "No plan to require skiing reservations this winter, instead just rely on the town's rule of 70% hotel capacity". Whether that method is actually reliable or not, I doubt all levels of government will be comfy with that as a defense against the hypothetical IKON hordes.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

I have a question. What if I pick one of the mountains in Canada as my home mountain and the Canadian government does not lift the travel restriction? Do I get money back? Do I get money back under the same senecio if I use the pass at other locations in the US but my home mountain is one in Canada?

Nice try, but no. ^^^^
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by phatboy64 View Post
    I have a question. What if I pick one of the mountains in Canada as my home mountain and the Canadian government does not lift the travel restriction? Do I get money back? Do I get money back under the same senecio if I use the pass at other locations in the US but my home mountain is one in Canada?
    IKON's policy gives you credit ONLY for days of 100% lift/gondola closures. No credit for any border closures.

Also... No credit for a day that a resort runs ONE magic carpet conveyor belt for only one lap (3 minutes?). No credit if you select "Single Destination" and they close that resort every Saturday (because that's not enough closed Saturdays to meet the 21-day trigger). Etc. Many loopholes if IKON resorts feel like gaming the system against their own customers.

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Then unless I am missing something. The only reason not to pick the default option would be if you bought the Ikon pass to ski one specific resort.

...or resorts that are very close to each other. While most of my skiing is at Canyons, I bought the IKON so I could get 7 days at Snowbird, DV and Brighton, as much as unlimited at Solitude. Otherwise, I may spend a couple of days in Jackson and Aspen. I think that the best option for me is to choose Solitude as my specific resort option.
    IOW, the only reason to choose the default option is if you travel far and wide to ski every now and then.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Then unless I am missing something. The only reason not to pick the default option would be if you bought the Ikon pass to ski one specific resort.
    That's not how I see it. My plan is to launch many, many trips while based out of Squaw. I selected "Single Destination" as Squaw, because if Squaw gets shut down by the governor, then I gotta move and change my homebase to Mammoth or SLC, and then will launch many trips from there (and I would receive credit money for losing Squaw, which would help me feel better about enduring the "hardship" of an unplanned move to Mammoth or SLC). I am fortunate to be very flexible to move a lot this winter, but strongly prefer a Squaw homebase.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    sadly, that place for me is Eldora these days. Felt really weird to choose it.
    Jesus, I’m sad for you.

If Squaw gets shut down the same would apply to Mammoth. But yeah, if that happens I will definitely take some long trips to other places the pass works. A lot of hand wringing in this thread... buy the pass, cross your fingers and hope for the best and just roll with it.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    parking on Mondays at front range resorts might be tough, as most of the school districts are asynchronous that day, so I suspect a lot of parents intend to ski with kiddos. ISBD already mentioned that, and it's my plan too (if ski racing doesn't happen).
    Wait just cuz they aren't physically at school, don't they still have classes online? And don't parents have jobs?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Wait just cuz they aren't physically at school, don't they still have classes online? And don't parents have jobs?
    Lots of parents have more flexibility in their work than ever before.

Everyone on my team is a parent except me. All have moved to 4-10s or are working split schedules to help provide care/supervision to their kiddos.

No.

Read their document. There is nothing in there about closed borders. Just closed resorts. The border is closed and will likely remain closed for the coming winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    They have school work they're supposed to do, but nothing with a set time. And the pandemic has taught -- might say forced -- everyone to be flexible with their time. I have a more than full time job, but now that I'm working from home in a pandemic, I have way more freedom over when and how I get my job done. If kiddo ski racing goes off without a hitch, great, but if it doesn't, I expect I'll be skiing Mondays with a 9 year old.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy