Page 170 of 266 FirstFirst ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 ... LastLast
Results 4,226 to 4,250 of 6644

Thread: Ikon Pass

Ikon Pass

Holy complicated lawyerized terms there.

Time to break out the venn diagrams

Something that complicated means no improvement.

IMO

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Dude, you will never see improvement. The whole world is fucked.

Seriously, you have until April 11th to decide if you want to use your pass. How much fucking more do you want? Free skiing?

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Dude, you will never see improvement. The whole world is fucked.

Seriously, you have until April 11th to decide if you want to use your pass. How much fucking more do you want? Free skiing?
    Its that simple to a simpleton isnt it?

What kind of moron are you to suggest that I should pay thousands and then not ski until April. Thats bullshit.

Explain to me what happens if I ski once at eldora and all the resorts shut down? How much do I get back?

What if Copper shuts down announced in October and I had it as Destination and then ski once and everywhere shuts down?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

For selfish reasons I still wish they would extend upcoming June deadline. Despite that, this is a definite improvement IMO. They provided examples of what potential credits could look like. IK_AAexampleschart_English_1_.pdf
    Last edited by CaliKid; 06-04-2020 at 12:50 PM. Reason: can't seem to get attachment to load inline

break out the old calculus text book

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    NEW INFO

ZERO-DAY CREDIT

Ikon Pass holders will have the option to defer the purchase price of their unused 20/21 Ikon Pass to a 21/22 Ikon Pass using the new Zero-Day Credit. NEW: they can make this decision anytime until April 11, 2021, no questions asked. The Zero-Day Credit applies to any 20/21 Ikon Pass, Ikon Base Pass, Ikon Base Plus Pass or Ikon Session Pass 4-Day.

ADDED ASSURANCE DUE TO POSSIBLE COVID-19 CLOSURES

Should any eligible Ikon Pass destination close due to COVID-19 between December 10, 2020 and April 11, 2021, Ikon Pass holders will receive a proportional credit towards any 21/22 Ikon Pass purchase. There is no fee to participate. More information on how credits are awarded and applied to a future purchase can be found on https://www.ikonpass.com/en/adventure-assurance-program . Subject to the program’s terms and conditions.

We have extended the deadline for the group pricing for purchases through 9/1/2020. Renewal pricing and the child discount are still subject to the 6/16 deadline and should purchase in advance of the deadline.

Not sure if there will be a pricing change to Group after 6/16. But Renewal Pricing and Child Discount will END ON 6/16. If you are applying these discounts, you need to purchase prior to then. OTOH, if you miss the deadline, shot me a PM for Group Pricing. Even if you are Renewing, shot me a PM. Sharing some data will help a maggot or more out come this winter. Details in the PM. We are 2/3 of the way toward being able to help a mag (not me, btw) out this year. If you are renewing, send me a PM and help us get over the top.

I’m almost glad I am unemployed. I don’t suffer all the emotional angst of whether or when to buy a pass.

Almost. Rather have a job.

Hell yeah, Ikon finally gets it: zero-days-used 19/20 passes are being rolled over to next season. Just got the email. No idea what they're doing for those who only got in a few days.
    Last edited by 1000-oaks; 06-10-2020 at 06:34 PM.

Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Its that simple to a simpleton isnt it?

What kind of moron are you to suggest that I should pay thousands and then not ski until April. Thats bullshit.

Explain to me what happens if I ski once at eldora and all the resorts shut down? How much do I get back?

What if Copper shuts down announced in October and I had it as Destination and then ski once and everywhere shuts down?

To keep it simple, if all the resorts shut down after being open 10 days you will get 113/123 of your purchase credited to next year.

(123-x)/123=credit. X is the number of days open.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Hell yeah, Ikon finally gets it right: zero-days-used 19/20 passes are being rolled over to next season. Just got the email.
    I got no such email - where is this worded?

Still not good enough for me. They have to institute what Epic has offered - a percentage off based on use of 19/20 pass. And there's no concrete number for how much they will credit for 21/22 if you use it one or three days in 20/21.

^^^. The context of the e-mail
    Name:  Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 4.17.29 PM.png
Views: 2169
Size:  96.7 KB
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by yogachik View Post
    I got no such email - where is this worded?

Still not good enough for me. They have to institute what Epic has offered - a percentage off based on use of 19/20 pass. And there's no concrete number for how much they will credit for 21/22 if you use it one or three days in 20/21.
    Hopefully they're doing a percentage, and will send out personalized notification emails depending on where individual passholders fall in a prorated credit program, instead of sending the full details of the entire program to everyone like Epic did.

My email:

"You Are Receiving the New Zero-Day Credit

We are - and always will be - grateful for your support, feedback, and patronage. To honor the Ikon Pass community and express gratitude for pass holders, we are excited to offer several additional benefits to help ease the burden on those seeking adventure.

Now, any 19/20 Ikon Base Pass holder who used zero days between the time of purchase and June 30, 2020 will receive the new Zero-Day Credit for 20/21. Your current 19/20 unused Ikon Base Pass will automatically roll over to 20/21 and you will receive an Ikon Base Pass for 20/21 with no extra charge.

There is no action required from you at this time, we'll take care of it all. If you wish to upgrade your 20/21 Ikon Base Pass to an Ikon Base Pass Plus or an Ikon Pass, you will have the option to do so this fall.

More Confidence to Ride in 20/21

In addition to your Zero-Day Credit, your pass will include expanded Adventure Assurance.*

More Time to Defer Your Unused 20/21 Pass*
    For any reason, if you don’t use your 20/21 Ikon Pass, you will have the option to defer the purchase price paid for your 19/20 Ikon Pass toward the purchase of a 21/22 Ikon Pass using the new Zero-Day Credit — no questions asked. Now, you can make this decision anytime between September 10, 2020 and April 11, 2021 (previously September 10 - December 10, 2020).

Added Assurance Due to Possible COVID-19 Closures*
    In addition, should any eligible Ikon Pass destination close due to COVID-19 between December 10, 2020 and April 11, 2021, Ikon Pass holders will receive a proportional credit towards any 21/22 Ikon Pass.

Ski a little, ride a lot, or roll the purchase price of your unused pass over to 21/22. Discover what's been expanded."

Well crap. My wife skied for 2 hours at Steamboat this year on her IKON. No email for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Tads View Post
    Well crap. My wife skied for 2 hours at Steamboat this year on her IKON. No email for her.

You could roll her over in 20/21 or ask about the new wife swapping program if you don't do her at all before Dec 10.

Seriously I am curious about the statement if any resorts close due to covid19. So some place in Michigan closes I get money back?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    You could roll her over in 20/21 or ask about the new wife swapping program if you don't do her at all before Dec 10.

Seriously I am curious about the statement if any resorts close due to covid19. So some place in Michigan closes I get money back?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    Prorated. I guess they would calculate what share of the pass that area is, and then what percentage of the season was lost and you get a $3 credit.

The new policy is better and I am thinking we will know by January if the season is happening or not, so I can live with what is being offered. As long as I get at least 10 days in, I can't get to pissed off, but ya, I would prefer 30+ next year. Went ahead and bought it.
    Last edited by liv2ski; 06-05-2020 at 08:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Yeah, that seems like a good insurance policy, I will likely get mine next week. I do think it is a good idea to have a back up option for if the destination resorts don't open. Baldy demonstrated that was possible for small ski areas to be open in April/May. I can see the big resorts running the numbers and deciding not opening is better for the books than opening at reduced hotel/dining/ticket numbers.

Most of my skiing is mid week and it is empty anyways, so I don't think Mammoth will close because of lower numbers and in fact I can see them limiting visitors on the busier Friday & Saturdays that are often a cluster fuck. The town needs the mountain open, so I don't see it closing unless the state does another shut down.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Screw it, I pulled the trigger.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Good enough for me. Hope they still end up pro-rating the people who only got a few days this year. That would put them on par with Epic in that area.

Otherwise, it looks like a pretty generous offer to me. I wish that they offered a refund option instead of just a credit rollover, but somehow I doubt that's going to happen.

Not sure if this is posted here, but they created some examples for the math challenged.

From IKON website

IMO, much better option than EPIC now. Ability to choose to defer up until April 11th if you do not use your pass. 100%

100% deferral if resorts do not open depending on which ones and how you elect.

123 day season guarantee, or your money deferred.

Well I think holding out to buy made them add this layer of insurance so hooray for all of us! I am still going to wait to pull the trigger until the last minute.

How does it work with the base pass if you don't add JH and Aspen and they close?

I am on the fence on Base vs Full at this point. I had base last season and did not max it, but would have used all 5 days at a few places if it weren't for covid. Only $200 difference. Hmm.... wondering if anyone has any logic to throw on that. I prob won't go to JH or Aspen because while the skiing is so awesome, lodging and food are just so $$$$.

I am thinking base at this point....
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

I'm still too stoopud to figure out which to choose.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    ^^^. The context of the e-mail
    Name:  Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 4.17.29 PM.png
Views: 2169
Size:  96.7 KB
    OK, just "credit", not towards a full price of the 21/22. So, great, you're going to give these people your money for close to a year, just, basically, to park it, and for them to make money on it, or, just simply, to remain a viable business? Why? Just to save a hundred dollars? Who knows if they'll even exist in the form they are today in 21/22. Talk to any Killington "Lifetime Season Pass Holder" about that scam.

And, like most mountain policies today, pre pandemic, all they have to do is keep a few chairs running, and they are officially open. So, expect a few mountains just to do that, to satisfy legal obligations to season pass and Ikon holders. Welcome to a season with 25% chair capacity, due to many factors, including safety, lack of staff, lack of customers (especially destinations), and lack of capital.

I'm just putting it out of my head until the final deadline in December, or whenever it is. So much can happen until then (second wave, election 11/3). What's the rush? It's not as though they're going to limit pass sales.