Page 222 of 266 FirstFirst ... 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 ... LastLast
Results 5,526 to 5,550 of 6644

Thread: Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I looked around the Ikon website to try to find that info -- didn't see anything. If you find it, please post a link here - we're going to Mammoth too. I'll bring a printout of the 21/22 pass purchase, and the existing Ikon pass cards, and see what happens at the ticket window.
    Only can attest to when we got our first ikon and we picked it up in spring at Squaw at the ticket window. I imagine Mammoth would be the same. Forgot my pass this year and we parked at chair 4. I hiked over the knoll and skied down to canyon lodge and got a new pass in about 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by powpig View Post
    Yeah, that's what I'm seeing.

I paid $799 a year ago after the $200 off for early closure to cover their $999 total price.

Well the $999 hasn't gone up, but they're only giving me the $799 deferral credit + $100 off for renewal so asking for $100 payment, not quite the roll it over to next year I'd been led to believe.
    It was all written out. You would receive a credit based on what you paid. Not a pass for a pass. It was not even hidden in fine print but in the explanation what “Assurance” was.

Maybe you believed otherwise but only because you didn’t read. No one led you there.

Vail offered a pass deferral but only if you were unable to book the five days of peak season you wanted by some date in early December. We prefer taking a chance with ikon knowing we would not lose any money if we decided not to ski. But we ended up skiing and took advantage of a cheaper pass year.

Now epic is offering the cheaper pass year to everyone, so likely will be back at kirkwood.

Yes, they were really clear about that. It's actually an unexpected bonus that they're allowing spring skiing '21 with the rolled over to 21/22 pass (and it wasn't fully expected that they'd honor renewal prices after skipping a year). Alas, we had to pay hundreds extra to roll over because the kid just became a teenager. Oh, and echoing that ordering the new passes was really quick and easy.

21/22 Ikon pass goes up in price May 5

http://links.alterramountaincompany....NgS2&mt=1&rt=0

“Wrong sir, wrong! Under section 37B of the contract signed by him. It states quite clearly that all offers shall become null and void if, and you can read it for yourself in this photostatic copy. I the undersigned shall forfeit all rights privileges and licenses herein and herein contained et cetera et cetera... huhh fax mentis incendium gloria culpum et cetera et cetera... huhh memo bis punitor delicatum! It's all there black and white clear as crystal! You stole fizzylifting drinks! You bumped into the ceiling which now has to be washed and sterilized so you get nothing! You lose! Good day sir!”

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    “Wrong sir, wrong! Under section 37B of the contract signed by him. It states quite clearly that all offers shall become null and void if, and you can read it for yourself in this photostatic copy. I the undersigned shall forfeit all rights privileges and licenses herein and herein contained et cetera et cetera... huhh fax mentis incendium gloria culpum et cetera et cetera... huhh memo bis punitor delicatum! It's all there black and white clear as crystal! You stole fizzylifting drinks! You bumped into the ceiling which now has to be washed and sterilized so you get nothing! You lose! Good day sir!”
    I think you are overlooking the controlling authority here, to wit: the rule in Shelley's case.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    ...and the snozzberries taste like snozzberries!

Schweitzer anyone?
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

At $999 for a Schweitzer+Ikon Base pass, the cost of our season passes here is looking like a a pretty damn solid deal.

Ikon now unequivocally reigns supreme over the PNW. With the border closed Seattle area skiers gravitated towards Crystal/Ikon. Assuming the border is open for 21/22 season, and Vail/Epic offering a discount, I thought the pull of Stevens/Whistler would persuade some to go that route. But now with Crystal/Alpental/Schweitzer/Red/Bachelor all on Ikon, Ikon will sell another 50,000 passes in Seattle.

I have my doubts about the border being open this coming winter, as do the two operations I have trips booked with in BC, FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    21/22 Ikon pass goes up in price May 5

http://links.alterramountaincompany....NgS2&mt=1&rt=0
    Have to admit that this spurred my purchase today.
    Although I have the feeling that date will be extended.
    I was on the fence about full vs base.
    Said fuck this and went full. $250 extra now. More fun later.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    At $999 for a Schweitzer+Ikon Base pass, the cost of our season passes here is looking like a a pretty damn solid deal.
    Why can't Summit give us a similar $200 add on. Especially with Crystal blackouts on the Base Ikon now. They would sell a ton, 6 to my family alone.

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Have to admit that this spurred my purchase today.
    Although I have the feeling that date will be extended.
    I was on the fence about full vs base.
    Said fuck this and went full. $250 extra now. More fun later.
    That’s what I’m doing. Extra days at ABasin plus Aspen/JH.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Ikon now unequivocally reigns supreme over the PNW. With the border closed Seattle area skiers gravitated towards Crystal/Ikon. Assuming the border is open for 21/22 season, and Vail/Epic offering a discount, I thought the pull of Stevens/Whistler would persuade some to go that route. But now with Crystal/Alpental/Schweitzer/Red/Bachelor all on Ikon, Ikon will sell another 50,000 passes in Seattle.
    Definitely. Will be interesting to see if Schweitzer gets the same experience as Crystal.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Is there any population center near Schweitzer?

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Just an alarming population of neo-Nazis and preppers.

Spokane is ~90 minutes away. Coeur d'Alene is an hour. Neither are huge but both are growing.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Yes, this. Lots of them. I would avoid the area at all costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    On that subject
    (Trigger warning, corny old man joke)

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I looked around the Ikon website to try to find that info -- didn't see anything. If you find it, please post a link here - we're going to Mammoth too. I'll bring a printout of the 21/22 pass purchase, and the existing Ikon pass cards, and see what happens at the ticket window.
    You can get pass at the Mill/chair 2 at Mammoth if they have a previous picture of you for printing pass - they don't have a camera. They give you a 20-21 pass so you don't need to go back every day. Bring ID and email from pass purchase helps. If you don't have a picture from previous Ikon pass, you will need to upload one or take long walk to Main Lodge. My wife and I already used ours 4 days last week (Tues/Wed@Mammoth - not Spring, all worthwhile lifts closed by noon on Tues due to wind/less wind + some new snow and chairs 3, 5, 12 and rode 22 on Wed, plus Thu/Fri for Spring conditions at Alpine/Squaw). Hope to get another 3-4 days on it this season.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Yes, this. Lots of them. I would avoid the area at all costs.
    Well I have a close friend that lives about 45 minutes away, and she seems cool enough. Think I'm going next year. Free lodging and a short drive. I'm aryan, so should be fine.

Spokane has a population, but it is no Seattle. Can't imagine it will go the way of Crustal.

Quote Originally Posted by tseeb View Post
    You can get pass at the Mill/chair 2 at Mammoth if they have a previous picture of you for printing pass - they don't have a camera. They give you a 20-21 pass so you don't need to go back every day. Bring ID and email from pass purchase helps. If you don't have a picture from previous Ikon pass, you will need to upload one or take long walk to Main Lodge.
    Thanks for the info.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Well I have a close friend that lives about 45 minutes away, and she seems cool enough. Think I'm going next year. Free lodging and a short drive. I'm aryan, so should be fine.

Spokane has a population, but it is no Seattle. Can't imagine it will go the way of Crustal.
    My prediction is that I Schweitzer will see some especially long lift lines and frustrating parking around the holidays. Now that all crystal ikoners will be on the no-blackout plan, Schweitzer is a shoe in for a family ski trip.

Best case scenario they use the extra revenue to add more terrain. Worst case scenario alterra buys it. I bet schweizrer is worth a lot more than other ski areas because it is on privately owned land.

My hope is that seattlite ikoners ski it once and realize that they don’t like skiing in the fog. Then alterra decides it’s not worth it and leaves it alone

Good news (for me anyway), but if you made the same unfortunate decisions I did, you'll be interested too. I deferred and then renewed before the deferral credit arrived so I could ski at A-basin last week. They weren't honoring next season's passes for this spring so I ended up buying a F&F day pass. Then I heard about the deferral credit not being applicable for the renewal I purchased. Here's the good news tho: because I didn't technically scan the 21/22 pass I bought, they were able to refund me and I can use the deferral credit to get a pass. Otherwise, there's really nothing you can do with the credit except buy 4-packs and try to resell them or something. Oh, and you have to use the credit now. You can't hold it over to buy your 22/23 pass. If you made the same poor choices as me, I hope that helps!
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage