Page 191 of 199 FirstFirst ... 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,775 of 4970

Thread: Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    So, ok, simple question here, since I haven't been digging too deep. What has to happen if I want a full credit for next season if I buy Ikon? The resorts closing and, therefore, I get no days, or will I get credit if I choose not to use the pass at all due to covid fear? Or, both? And then, which resort?
    This has been covered in a couple of threads numerous times. FFS just go to their website and read the simple answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    This has been covered in a couple of threads numerous times. FFS just go to their website and read the simple answer.
    Thanks sweetheart. I knew you'd come through. I see you haven't been in the maze they call a website.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

AFAIK nobody here has access to any more information about the pass than anyone else here. Some people may have better reading comprehension. Many are like my wife--"Why is my computer doing this?" I have no idea, so I google it, find the answer and fix it. Why couldn't she google it? 37 years of marriage and I have no fucking idea.

Sugarbush just pulled the plug on seasonal programs & group lessons.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Thanks sweetheart. I knew you'd come through. I see you haven't been in the maze they call a website.
    Honestly it's the first fucking paragraph on their "maze" of a website.

https://lmgtfy.app/?q=ikon+covid+protection

Thank you^ for making my case.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Honestly it's the first fucking paragraph on their "maze" of a website.

https://lmgtfy.app/?q=ikon+covid+protection

Ah, ok, thanks. That's better. Still not buying in.

We all have to remember that this is a marketing company ruled by salesman.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

This thread is about as much fun as a contract law forum.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    This thread is about as much fun as a contract law forum.
    Are there hot Italian Jersey babies there to discuss liquidated damages?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I had an interesting conversation with an extended family member who works in management for Winter Park about their Covid plans. The long and short is that Winter Park and Alterra's approach to the upcoming season and Covid is to basically change as little as possible from prior seasons unless the State or County forces them to. Some specifics:
    -They believe limiting day lift ticket sales will be enough to control crowds and want to avoid a reservation system (lift access or parking) or capacity limits unless the State or County requires it.
    -They do not plan to alter lift loading (keep parties separated) and plan to load full chairs unless the County or State requires it (with the exception of possibly the gondola). They believe their science shows this is not necessary. (Similar to what Alterra's CEO said a while back).
    -Masks will be required in mazes, on lifts and in lodges, but they are not planning on any additional staffing for lift ops to help with soc distancing or face masks and will leave it up to "self-policing."
    -They will reconfigure lift mazes to try to spread out adjoining lines.
    -They do not plan to increase lift capacity (open Challenger, Iron Horse, etc.) on non-weekends/holidays and aux lifts will be open the same as last year.
    -The most notable changes will be for indoor spaces and food service, which will have capacity limits and more outdoor food service options.
    -Everything is subject to change on the fly.

Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by blazes_boylan View Post
    I had an interesting conversation with an extended family member who works in management for Winter Park about their Covid plans. The long and short is that Winter Park and Alterra's approach to the upcoming season and Covid is to basically change as little as possible from prior seasons unless the State or County forces them to. Some specifics:
    -They believe limiting day lift ticket sales will be enough to control crowds and want to avoid a reservation system (lift access or parking) or capacity limits unless the State or County requires it.
    -They do not plan to alter lift loading (keep parties separated) and plan to load full chairs unless the County or State requires it (with the exception of possibly the gondola). They believe their science shows this is not necessary. (Similar to what Alterra's CEO said a while back).
    -Masks will be required in mazes, on lifts and in lodges, but they are not planning on any additional staffing for lift ops to help with soc distancing or face masks and will leave it up to "self-policing."
    -They will reconfigure lift mazes to try to spread out adjoining lines.
    -They do not plan to increase lift capacity (open Challenger, Iron Horse, etc.) on non-weekends/holidays and aux lifts will be open the same as last year.
    -The most notable changes will be for indoor spaces and food service, which will have capacity limits and more outdoor food service options.
    -Everything is subject to change on the fly.
    That is fucking stupid.
    A) How can that many day ticket skiers/riders make up the normal daily load of people, so that it makes a 50% decrease?

B) Loading unrelated people on a chair like normal?

I think the State will step in.

For my sanity, I hope the states don't step in.

Quote Originally Posted by IrieIbex View Post
    For my sanity, I hope the states don't step in.
    We don't care about your sanity.
    I'll be surprised if California doesn't make some rules. They have extensive rules for everything else.

Loading lifts like normal... ugh.

Yes being outside and wearing a mask are great mitigation. The headwind from the lift is also helpful.

Your mouth being 18 inches away from a stranger's mouth is NOT a good idea. A mild crosswind could make that effectively even closer depending on who is sitting where.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Do any IKON resorts have bubbles like The Can's orange bubble? I swear, the first person who tries to put the bubble down with me in the chair will get a ski pole handle between the eyes.
    A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.
    ― Milton Friedman

Killington has a six pack bubble. Okemo a quad. The Killington works on nasty cold days. Big Sky has one up high. Heated seats. Posh.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    theres actually 2 blue bubblers one at the base
    its all posh till yur to baked to open the bubbler and rides the bullwheel

speaking for a friend :
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    Yo poliassfuckers
    theres a special basement for your lame shit

Id get in one of those in a heartbeat.

Interesting.

Again, outside - with a mask on - is a hell of a lot different than inside. Further, new data is suggesting that surfaces are not a big factor in spreading, so it's mainly open mouth to open mouth, figuratively speaking.

Ergo, outside with a mask makes sense to me. Let it snow!

Id get in one of those in a heartbeat.
    Heated seats are sweet.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    so it's mainly open mouth to open mouth,
    From what I have read the virus usually enters the body through receptors in the nose.

But spreads through aerosolized saliva from the back of the throat.

I open mouth kissed a horse once

- AP

One of the big concerns that was expressed was that the anti-mask crowd will remove masks after loading lift to "make a point" as we've seen time and again across the country and that self-policing is not realistically gonna work.

I open mouth kissed a horse once
    And you liked it?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by blazes_boylan View Post
    One of the big concerns that was expressed was that the anti-mask crowd will remove masks after loading lift to "make a point" as we've seen time and again across the country and that self-policing is not realistically gonna work.
    Ya think?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<