Page 171 of 268 FirstFirst ... 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,275 of 6694

Thread: Ikon Pass

few lifts, ppl scared. sounds fucking tits to me..

^^^this. No bunnies on the slope to ski over.

Bunny, Ikon will stop selling passes in December. From what I’ve been told, they do intend to increase the online price and renewal and child discounts will be gone. So it is more like a few hundred dollars. That is significant to some of us not residing in Connecticut killing it on our road bike.

They will likely see price increases several times before December.

Feel free to PM me for a code for the Group Buy. If you do it now, that code’s price might still be valid in December and that could save you several hundred dollars at that point.

Or don’t ski next year.

You might be right, that they close shop up due to COVID, but I really do think each of these individual resorts want to open. Not everyone is as jaded of a local like you are. They want to ski.

Offpiste - do you ski mostly at a home resort? Would that impact your season more significantly than other closures? If they is the case, choose then one single resort. Who cares if a bunch of others don’t open if you get to ski at your home resort. If your home resort closes for 7 consecutive days or 21 days total, you will receive a credit but can still travel to other resorts to ski.

If, otoh you use it like a Mountain Collective Pass and road bike in Connecticut close to no good skiing, be a local and choose All Resorts. Be sure to complain about shot while doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Hell yeah, Ikon finally gets it right: zero-days-used 19/20 passes are being rolled over to next season. Just got the email.
    How does one not ski until mid March (when the hills mostly closed)?
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post

They will likely see price increases several times before December.
    Well, first, in the immortal words of Bill Burr, go fuck yourself.

Ikon did only one price increase last year, if I remember well. And, to compare last year's and the year's before pricing to this year and the future is pretty ignorant. It's a whole new world, and could be a really shitty world this winter if there is an expected second wave. It's pretty shitty right now, and I'm amazed that some think all this will just go away so that you well off white people can just go off and ski.

Do you actually think Ikon or Epic is going to hardball sales this year? This year?

ABasin just did a little experiment with their short re-opening. They had to limit ticket sales to an online lottery, which was very hard to win a spot in. Didn't matter if you had a season pass or Ikon. Get in line. You have to decide two days ahead. Then parking, which is a big problem there, as most everywhere, was restricted to 8 feet spacing. Do that math in your head. I estimate parking lots at about 40% capacity in that situation, and you know damn well nobody in their right mind besides stoner dirtbag snowboarders are going to use a bus shuttle. Let's not even go near most gapers deciding to NOT fly the whole family in a contaminated metal tube both ways and stay in a contaminated hotel room and, lord knows where they will eat, if they don't have a kitchen. Most restaurants are opening back up right now with outside dining in this nice weather. Um, how about January?

Sorry about your kiddie problem, but maybe you should think about another activity for them this winter, or a better place to spend your money than skiing.

whats your prob w six hundred bucks?^

seems like no big rly.

Eeyore, FFS, DON'T BUY A PASS! JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP! Fucking klownz glass is always 3/4 empty.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    whats your prob w six hundred bucks?^

seems like no big rly.
    Well, there you go. The TGR demographic shrugs.

I sent Ikon a note last night to see if they had any promos for low rent, dirtbags, that bought Epic last year but were "consdiering an Ikon pass for this season. No dice. They politely told me to take it or leave it. But it doesn't hurt to ask.

Either way, I will make a decision to buy or not to buy this weekend. That is the question!
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    How does one not ski until mid March (when the hills mostly closed)?
    Patrol at an area that usually closes in February or March, then use Ikon for Mammoth into July.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    I sent Ikon a note last night to see if they had any promos for low rent, dirtbags, that bought Epic last year but were "consdiering an Ikon pass for this season. No dice. They politely told me to take it or leave it. But it doesn't hurt to ask.

Either way, I will make a decision to buy or not to buy this weekend. That is the question!
    PM me for a slight discount on the online price.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, there you go. The TGR demographic shrugs.
    Do you have studs for that road bike? Roads get icy in your neck of the burbs come winter.

Seriously, pm me if you think you might want to ski this winter and might buy a pass some time before they stop selling. It would save you money. Or just be a dipshit and don’t.

Same goes for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Only $200 difference. Hmm.... wondering if anyone has any logic to throw on that. I prob won't go to JH or Aspen because while the skiing is so awesome, lodging and food are just so $$$$.
    I can assure you Aspen will open as many lifts and as much terrain as possible. They play the long game and won’t limit operations, to save a little money.

There aren’t any fast food places here, but you can still dine fairly inexpensively.

If none of the Benny’s show up, they might even be giving away rooms.

Might be the best year to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    I can assure you Aspen will open as many lifts and as much terrain as possible. They play the long game and won’t limit operations, to save a little money.

There aren’t any fast food places here, but you can still dine fairly inexpensively.

If none of the Benny’s show up, they might even be giving away rooms.

Might be the best year to come.
    Maybe I won't have that snoring drunken xgames spectator in the bed next to me at the st Moritz!
    I ate pizza at that place where you walk upstairs every night. Or that noodle bowl place by the supermarket.
    Yes I lived relatively cheaply but it was still $$

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    PM me for a slight discount on the online price.
    PM sent.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Reading the news about how teh Covids are coming back in the areas opened up, I can only be very pessimistic this coming season happens. I bought the Ikon Pass, but I won't be using it until we look good to proceed for the season. If it looks sketchy, I will just delay into the following season Concert tickets for the other day were rescheduled to June 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I rode up the Aspen Gondi yesterday and they did a really good job of social distancing and cleaning. It’s so easy to avoid lines here, I think we’ll be OK.

14 hour drive or a 1.5 hour direct from LAX. Your wife will like it!

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Reading the news about how teh Covids are coming back in the areas opened up, I can only be very pessimistic this coming season happens. I bought the Ikon Pass, but I won't be using it until we look good to proceed for the season. If it looks sketchy, I will just delay into the following season Concert tickets for the other day were rescheduled to June 2021
    While it is clear that things have opened up without a proper foundation of testing, contact tracing and PPE (N95's for the public) I think it will be very hard to convince people to go back to stay-at-home. We'll likely have to sign waivers--like attendees at Trump rallies--but I expect the ski areas to open. The question is whether the restrictions the areas impose on parking, skier capacity, and lift management make skiing too much of a hassle, especially if reservations are required for passholders and are limited. (And will passholders have to compete with day users for slots, given that the day users will bring additional revenue.) I'm holding off until operating conditions are clear. (I would hold off anyway--I'll be 70; who knows if I'll still be walking around in 6 months.)

I expect people to be reluctant to fly and there may be restrictions like quarantines imposed on those who do, especially if they come from hot spots. Areas within driving range of big cities will be much more crowded than those which are not.

I wouldn't mind calling in every evening for a reservation, but after I get skunked a few times I am going to get impatient.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Ikon Pass

Obviously it will be resort and conditions specific. But I think it will only be bad here, early season.

Snowmass opens the bike park Friday.
    I’ll probably avoid the early Gondi line and pedal up to the upper lift, which will be empty all day.
    But I’ve been doing that for the last six weeks anyhow. NBD.

Just imagine when pictures of ski town bars like this flood the internet. That's going to encourage the family market.

Nashville last night, Bros.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ovation_g...60642170355712

^^
    WTF does that have to do with ski towns?

Yes, I am worried the best ski town live music venues will not survive.
    But the towns and skiing will.

Ever been in the Mangy Moose?

I'll bet you a buck that The Mangy Moose looks nothing like that this summer, or next winter.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Ever been in the Mangy Moose?
    Sure, many times. But I don’t see families canceling because it’s closed or severely limited.

You’re just projecting why You won’t ski this year, again.

Yes, things will be different. But the skiing will still be good.