Page 223 of 268 FirstFirst ... 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,575 of 6694

Thread: Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    Good news (for me anyway), but if you made the same unfortunate decisions I did, you'll be interested too. I deferred and then renewed before the deferral credit arrived so I could ski at A-basin last week. They weren't honoring next season's passes for this spring so I ended up buying a F&F day pass. Then I heard about the deferral credit not being applicable for the renewal I purchased. Here's the good news tho: because I didn't technically scan the 21/22 pass I bought, they were able to refund me and I can use the deferral credit to get a pass. Otherwise, there's really nothing you can do with the credit except buy 4-packs and try to resell them or something. Oh, and you have to use the credit now. You can't hold it over to buy your 22/23 pass. If you made the same poor choices as me, I hope that helps!
    I bet you try to do your own taxes too.

I guess you didnt see that warning on the website. It wasn't hidden.

Just an FYI if it has not already been covered, but the monthly payment option (3 or 6 month interest free, 15% if longer) requires a link to a bank account and you can not use a CC. I didn't read all the other fine print, but beware of missing a payment as the fees are often excessive if you do, i.e. let your account balance drop too low they day they take your payment out and you could be unpleasantly surprised.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I guess you didnt see that warning on the website. It wasn't hidden.
    Not sure what to say. I guess I didn't expect the elaborate system of levers and pulleys, exceptions, asterisks, and caveats. I think they should admit they created this issue by opening pass sales earlier than the credit was available AND making it not retroactively applicable AND all the other ins-and-outs that I managed to trip over without missing a single one. What happened to a pass that just means you get to ski and a credit that you just use for purchases? Not trying to buy a CDO here. I wish there was just a local pass SMH. I also realized I've had great seasons not getting any pass. There are pros and cons to both getting a pass or not but it can still be plenty fun either way.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

A new job for someone if the life coach thing and the influencer thing aren't working out--ski mega pass consultant.

can you defer a 21/22 pass that was bought on a credit from a deferred 20/21 pass?

Not sure what to say. I guess I didn't expect the elaborate system of levers and pulleys, exceptions, asterisks, and caveats. I think they should admit they created this issue by opening pass sales earlier than the credit was available AND making it not retroactively applicable AND all the other ins-and-outs that I managed to trip over without missing a single one. What happened to a pass that just means you get to ski and a credit that you just use for purchases? Not trying to buy a CDO here. I wish there was just a local pass SMH. I also realized I've had great seasons not getting any pass. There are pros and cons to both getting a pass or not but it can still be plenty fun either way.
    Didn't you get an email? C'mon. I'm stoned a lot, too, but, I paid attention to this thing. Also, this thread. Priceless.

Back to the future, I really really would be happy if they "partnered" some other place than Zermatt in Europe. That is not Benny country, although I hear it's cool. I need cheaper lodging and food.

Not sure what to say. I guess I didn't expect the elaborate system of levers and pulleys, exceptions, asterisks, and caveats.
    I guess if you wanted the arrangement to seem a lot less complicated, you could have just ignored the deferment provisions entirely and thought of it like a carton of milk that goes bad after a while if you don't drink it in time.

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    I guess if you wanted the arrangement to seem a lot less complicated, you could have just ignored the deferment provisions entirely and thought of it like a carton of milk that goes bad after a while if you don't drink it in time.
    Or like snow that melts if you don't ski it in time.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

'Zakly. 20/21 season expired (well, not quite yet for me but ignore that part) and you got full credit back for what you paid for that. Now, just use your 21/22 pass for skiing in the 21/22 season, and leave the complicated fine print about spring skiing or whatnot for the Einsteins Von Poindexters who can make sense of that crazy stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    can you defer a 21/22 pass that was bought on a credit from a deferred 20/21 pass?
    I think so. Nothing in the 21/22 deferral info says otherwise that I saw.

Heads up, though, you need to make the deferment decision by something like mid-December, not by April. Seems reasonable enough; the 21/22 season's (non-snow) variables are less wildly unpredictable than the 20/21 season's were one year before today.

Haven’t read the whole thread but Vail reported $600+ million profit

That's going to bum Bunny out for sure, if they made bank in a year he thought they would go belly up, just wait until next season when pent of ski desire starts spending.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    Heads up, though, you need to make the deferment decision by something like mid-December, not by April. Seems reasonable enough; the 21/22 season's (non-snow) variables are less wildly unpredictable than the 20/21 season's were one year before today.
    It says the adventure assurance deadline (aka deferral deadline) is October, on the receipt I got for renewing our 20/21 pass to 21/22, using deferral credits for the renewal.

We're using the 21/22 pass this spring anyway, so doesn't matter to us.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    It says the adventure assurance deadline (aka deferral deadline) is October, on the receipt I got for renewing our 20/21 pass to 21/22, using deferral credits for the renewal.

We're using the 21/22 pass this spring anyway, so doesn't matter to us.
    Ikon intricacy misunderstander here. I think the adventure assurance deadline in October was one of the first things that I got wrong. I thought it was the deadline to defer but was told later that it was the deadline to choose the style of mousetrap that any refunds would be based on. The two types were whether your home mountain shut down or whether there was a global shutdown. The deadline to defer was actually around April 1 this year (and apparently required no AA selection if you didn't scan your pass).

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Haven’t read the whole thread but Vail reported $600+ million profit
    Oh yeah, it's going to be so nice to ski at a Vail hill next year.

"Vail Resorts today released details of its 2021-22 Epic Pass suite, dropping prices by 20 percent from 2020-21 introductory rates across the portfolio. The flagship Epic Pass is now just $783, down from $979 last season. The Epic Local Pass, which adds restrictions to Vail mountain, Beaver Creek, Whistler, Park City, Stowe, Northstar, Kirkwood, and Heavenly, is $583, down from $729. The Northeast Value Pass drops to $479 from $599, and the Northeast Midweek Pass is down to $359 from $449. The Epic Day Pass – which can be used at any Vail resort with no blackouts – starts at $87 per day, down from $109, and a new lower access tier starts at $67 and covers 29 of the company’s 34 North American mountains. Pass types and access tiers are otherwise unchanged from the 2020-21 season. "

Hey, if you want to hang with even MORE skiers on a powder day, that's your pass, I guess. Enjoy your ten dollar Clif Bar.

I have no idea how this business model in sustainable, but, what do I know.

Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    You can defer this year but need to do it by December. So not the same option of last year when you had all season to decide. But technically, yes.

Edit. Never mind. Been discussed and maybe it is earlier than I said. Ignore me please.

For the parents on here:

I have a 4 year old turning 5 mid May (new pass category ages 5-12) and a 12 year old turning 13 in July (into a higher price category) but I reached out and here's what they said:

Passes are sold based on the age of the skier at the time of the sale/renewal. The pass will then be good for the full upcoming season, even if the skier ages up at any point during the season.
    Boom! Not a bad deal if you ask me.

^^^my kids Bday is May 6th so we always buy early.

And if I recall correctly, they changed his birth year from ‘11 to ‘12. Thinking I’ll not fix that too quickly.

KW had three different birthdates for my kid. One at the ticket office, one at ski school and one at EK. But then again, that is par for the course at KW.

Thanks a ton for this info. My son turns 13 4/29. You saved me almost $350. I will be happy to return the favor with a beer or 3 if you ever find yourself at winter park.

Quote Originally Posted by timackie View Post
    Thanks a ton for this info. My son turns 13 4/29. You saved me almost $350. I will be happy to return the favor with a beer or 3 if you ever find yourself at winter park.
    I have Venmo...

I barely use credit cards. No Venmo for me.

But seriously, thanks for the great advise.

Maybe I'm dense for not finding the answer... Just rolled my unused 20/21 pass credit into the 21/22 pass, which means I can ski Mammoth this Spring. Do I use the pass card I currently have for skiing Mammoth next weekend, or are they mailing a new card?