Page 58 of 268 FirstFirst ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 6693

Thread: Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    What corporation?
    https://www.bloomberg.com/profiles/c...l-partners-llc
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Hmm....I never knew. Those smart private equity guys have to figure out more parking. Tough one.

KSL doesn't own A-Basin, Dundee Resort Development does, a subsidiary of Dream Corp....
    https://www.dream.ca/
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    KSL doesn't own A-Basin, Dundee Resort Development does, a subsidiary of Dream Corp....
    https://www.dream.ca/
    But they do own Alterra and the whole Ikon pass business?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I was focusing in on Abasin.

Still somebody has to invent more parking. Doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    Are you serious?
    I have barely started using mine. For me, it is a Spring pass, required because someone at Vailwood has a head up an ass somewhere.
    Two Springs seasons on one pass.
    Plus Mammoth in July. It was paid off last year in two weekends.
    Surely you are joking.
    My brother visited me coming from Europe and he got an IKON Base pass he only used for ~3 weeks. It's probaby pretty rare but there are situations out there so might as well ask.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    But they do own Alterra and the whole Ikon pass business?
    60%
    Henry Crown & Co. 40%

Your ikon pass does not ensure you will ski if resort is over sold or lot is full. They already got your money they don’t claim you will actually ski. You get to go to these resorts and see them. Nice
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    This is what escapes people, Ski Areas are in the business of maximizing revenue, they have come up with a new method.

I am over bitching about it and now I go out of my way to be nice to our new buddies.
    Just like how cable companies such as comcast oversell their capabilities (bandwidth) to maximize short term profit, even when their infrastructure can literally not support everyone using the service at the speeds they have paid for, it is possible for other industries to oversell their capacity for short term gain. This may lead to people taking their business elsewhere, meaning that long term it may not be a winning strategy.

In the USA we seem incapable of looking beyond the next couple quarters or years, so this isn't surprising, but I wish we still lived in an era in which businesses focused first on their long term profitability and viability instead of trying to maximize profit RIGHT NOW GO GO GO

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    Your ikon pass does not ensure you will ski if resort is over sold or lot is full. They already got your money they don’t claim you will actually ski. You get to go to these resorts and see them. Nice
    Just like any other season pass since forever?

I think you are a Bird local right? You guys in LCC are great at not carpooling and not taking the bus. I know it sucks and I know it is not how it used to be but we are inventing new and different ways to complain.

If you try to get to any resort at 10:30 on a Saturday, you are doing it wrong and shouldn't be disappointed if you get shitty or no parking. But if you just go back to town, grab some breakfast and give it another shot around 12:30 you'll roll right in. That's just how it is. You can't expect the world to conform to your expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    If you try to get to any resort at 10:30 on a Saturday, you are doing it wrong and shouldn't be disappointed if you get shitty or no parking. But if you just go back to town, grab some breakfast and give it another shot around 12:30 you'll roll right in. That's just how it is. You can't expect the world to conform to your expectations.
    I don't know if you have been up LCC lately but it has reached it's own special type of retarded. As in it might take you as long to go Sandy>Alta as it does to go Lakewood>Vail. And then you get there and there is no parking. I know 20+ year passholders who certainly know what's up. The only was they do it on the weekends is leave downtown by 6:30 drive up to the bird at use there $250+ parking pass, ski all day and then hang out in the P Dog until the traffic is done. You Colorado Traffic Management Techniques will not work there.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Its good to see that IKONation is living up to their rep as difficult to please whiners.

You ain't never gonna get more skiing for less money. Buy the pass, manage the crowds. Smile. Be a welcome guest while in vacation. Learn now to carry your skis in the tram line. Don't stop on traverses. Lanyard on the outside.
    And realize that skiing with a group of 6 people of varying abilities is a terrible idea which just results in a shitload of lost people standing directly in front of or even IN the maze. If you are waiting for someone you wait off to the side outside of the maze. This is just common courtesy.

I don't know if you have been up LCC lately but it has reached it's own special type of retarded. As in it might take you as long to go Sandy>Alta as it does to go Lakewood>Vail. And then you get there and there is no parking. I know 20+ year passholders who certainly know what's up. The only was they do it on the weekends is leave downtown by 6:30 drive up to the bird at use there $250+ parking pass, ski all day and then hang out in the P Dog until the traffic is done. You Colorado Traffic Management Techniques will not work there.
    Yeah, unfortunately I haven't. But if I lived in SLC, I wouldn't head up LCC on a weekend. Or I'd book nights at the hotels up there. Last time we were there we stayed at the Cliff lodge, courtesy of the wife's conference/employer. That was easy breezy.

But yeah, I live very close to Abasin, and would not even attempt to ski a Saturday with new snow at the resort. That does bum me out but it has always been that way, it is just my tolerance for crowds that has waned.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Yeah, unfortunately I haven't. But if I lived in SLC, I wouldn't head up LCC on a weekend. Or I'd book nights at the hotels up there. Last time we were there we stayed at the Cliff lodge, courtesy of the wife's conference/employer. That was easy breezy.

But yeah, I live very close to Abasin, and would not even attempt to ski a Saturday with new snow at the resort. That does bum me out but it has always been that way, it is just my tolerance for crowds that has waned.
    It's ok if you wake up early and get to the lot really early. Might even get a beach spot, like that matters. What they need is a good coffee place up there open early and warm toilet seats, and you're ready!

But yeah, I might opt out for laundry. Or wait til noon and take the bus from Frisco to Copper.

That town is growing way too fast. They need a few more ski hills.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    And realize that skiing with a group of 6 people of varying abilities is a terrible idea which just results in a shitload of lost people standing directly in front of or even IN the maze. If you are waiting for someone you wait off to the side outside of the maze. This is just common courtesy.
    Yes and no. There are a lot of local customs at ski resorts. Unfortanatley, awareness is not a big thing in 2019 and the stereotypical IKONerd specialized in a lack of it. So ski areas need to make a choice, do they want the visitors to feel like they are fish out of water and doing it wrong or do they want to provide some type of guidance that makes everything run a bit more smoothly?

So ski areas need to make a choice, do they want the visitors to feel like they are fish out of water and doing it wrong or do they want to provide some type of guidance that makes everything run a bit more smoothly?
    I very much appreciated the first time I was at Bridger, alone on a powder morning, and a ski host wrangled me into a tour, because I didn't really know shit or even see shit. I learned a lot. And, it doesn't cost the hill squat.

Just like any other season pass since forever?

I think you are a Bird local right? You guys in LCC are great at not carpooling and not taking the bus. I know it sucks and I know it is not how it used to be but we are inventing new and different ways to complain.
    I am not a bird local. I ski in the north. I like the bird when it’s not a junk show. It looks that way this year. Ski with me one day and you will see the light. Or not and ski the canyons with everyone else. It’s unfortunate but it is getting busy MOST everywhere

I think most just your a lot and try to avoid people
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Ski with me one day and you will see the light
    Where is the light, Snowbasin, PowMow? This is the IKON thread, keep up. The Jackson smug, I expect that but Ogden smug? That's new and different. You are familiar with the Olympics right? So I think we have distilled it down to only three types of lift served skiers.

a. IKONerd (the problem)
    b. Passholders at IKONic moutains (sick of the problem)
    c. Passholders at non-IKONic mountains (Smug the fuck out of the problem)

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    That type of shit has been happening since forever (Jerry is Jerry for a reason) and anyone who tries to ski in a group of more than about 3-4 is insane, but you are right except that common courtesy isn't very common anymore, witness the 400 pairs of skis just left in the way near the base area on any given day when there are fucking ski racks right there.

Yes and no. There are a lot of local customs at ski resorts. Unfortanatley, awareness is not a big thing in 2019 and the stereotypical IKONerd specialized in a lack of it. So ski areas need to make a choice, do they want the visitors to feel like they are fish out of water and doing it wrong or do they want to provide some type of guidance that makes everything run a bit more smoothly?
    The ski area that WRG and I both frequent excels at a lack of direction or flow.

It has been uncrowded for years and suddenly they will need to adapt to the new normal as well.

Example: Little to no maze at the bottom of one of the few open lifts with access to alpine terrain yesterday. Picture 500 people all trying their best to walk all over each other to line up at the Wait Here mark for a triple chair. I very much doubt that there was a ticket checker grouping 3s either.

I hope it is uncrowded at Big when I am there in the beginning of April. You'll know its me, lanyard on the outside, sack lunch, stopping on the traverse, clogging up the lift line.

You are familiar with the Olympics right?
    I don't get this reference. 2002?
    Montani Semper Liberi

I hope it is uncrowded at Big when I am there in the beginning of April. You'll know its me, lanyard on the outside, sack lunch, stopping on the traverse, clogging up the lift line.
    Giant gap between goggles (foggy) and helmet??? Stopping every 200 yds and asking, "which way?"

I have found that it is one of life's small joys to be a gaper at a mountain that you do not normally frequent. I usually keep it together till lunch, then after a few overpriced beers at an on mountain restaurant, I like to hit the groomers and become a total liability.