Page 85 of 268 FirstFirst ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 6694

Thread: Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    You may want to ask them about your situation - you may be able to do the insurance and if you're not back up to speed in time then you can get refunded.
    I looked into the insurance last year--excludes preexisting conditions. I'm a walking (actually hopping at the moment) preexisting condition.

I do have to agree that IKON passholders paying less for their pass than a local at a non Alterra resort being able to ski there for no extra, with no reciprocal benefits for the locals sucks. Seems like non Alterra resorts could have negotiated reciprocal benefits when they signed on to Alterra. 5-7 free days at each of the Alterra resorts, not the full IKON list, seems reasonable.

Maybe I just don’t really talk to people often but for some reason today I was feeling friendly so I was talking to some folks on chair rides and heard multiple people say they were on the ikon this year from previously having epic. They mostly had nicer gear than I did but seemed to suck as people and not know much about skiing in general so I’m going to assume they suck at skiing too. Anyways I get it now, fuck the ikon these people belong at vail.

I saw a no IKON sticker on some skis today, and now I want one.....

As I see it, the problem all the whiny peeholes around here have is they don't get the advantages of the Ikon pass. For some of us it is a cheap pass that gives us lots of other options beside our home hill. Mammoth passes used to be over $1,000, but dropped dramatically withthe MVP pass. It has been creeping up since its inception, but morphed into Ikon. It sucks for those people at mountains that don't give unlimted days like Mammoth does. In theory Ikn accutally reduces skier days at Mammoth because we can go other places and not just Mammoth. The solution would be if Ikon was good for unlimted days at your own hill, then the usual limts everywhere else.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Ikon Pass

It’s empty here and conditions are outstanding. There are Ikon’s here, but I think the high rent, keeps most of them away.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1553565088.714961.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	572.6 KB 
ID:	275924
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    As I see it, the problem all the whiny peeholes around here have is they don't get the advantages of the Ikon pass. For some of us it is a cheap pass that gives us lots of other options beside our home hill. Mammoth passes used to be over $1,000, but dropped dramatically withthe MVP pass. It has been creeping up since its inception, but morphed into Ikon. It sucks for those people at mountains that don't give unlimted days like Mammoth does. In theory Ikn accutally reduces skier days at Mammoth because we can go other places and not just Mammoth. The solution would be if Ikon was good for unlimted days at your own hill, then the usual limts everywhere else.
    For years people complained about the high cost of skiing......
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    I used to kind of agree with this logic, but not anymore. The way things are going right now, bay area folk wouldn't even flinch at paying an extra grand if it meant the hill was more "exclusive" and they didn't have to deal with the pesky locals - those are the people who should be serving their food and tuning their skis and shoveling the roofs and driveways of the houses they overpaid for and turned into hotels which further fucked over said locals. They can and will pay more for anything than locals. And obviously the ski areas are trying their best to toe the line between maximizing pass profit per person versus selling as many as they can and banking on all the extras.
    I'm kinda wondering how it's possible that every single mountain on the ikon pass is (anecdotally) more crowded, as I suspect that people aren't really skiing that much more than they have been the past few years, with snow conditions being an obvious influence. Maybe they are spreading out more with the new passes? Squawpine does seem to be a bit less crowded than the past few years, based on being able to find parking mid morning on Sundays and not seeing cars parked all the way down the valley.
    I, too, would be pissed if I was paying for a pass at a non-Alterra resort having to deal with extra crowds with nothing in return. Seems like it wouldn't be much for those passholders to get at least a couple freebie tix to other resorts, or even twofers, would probably more or less not affect numbers and maybe ceos wouldn't feel the need to write letters of non-apology to the local papers if people felt they weren't getting bent over by the local management.
    Yeah we’re on the same page. A few years back I was saying I wish A Squaw gold pass would cost $1300 again, but I think it’s clear now that there’s so much wealth in the Bay Area that it wouldn’t make all that much of a difference. Not unless they made day tickets reasonable again. Of course day tickets aren’t really tickets so much as a “fine” for not buying a season pass.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

I heard there's an "Ikon of the day" on Instagram.
    I don't do IG, can someone post that on here?
    I've seen some stupid shit this year that I've never seen before. I'm sure it's just the locals tho, no way ikonfags could be such beaters.

Sjg, where you located? I have some stickers for ya.
    Hunting kicks ass.
    Chicks dig Labs.
    I'll keep my job, my money and my guns and you can keep the change.
    From my cold dead hands.

Mangy Moose Ikon Love

Name:	IMG_5529.JPG 
Views:	151 
Size:	300.2 KB 
ID:	275940

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Mangy Moose Ikon Love

Name:	IMG_5529.JPG 
Views:	151 
Size:	300.2 KB 
ID:	275940
    Ikon’t flush
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Leshphilling77 View Post
    Maybe I just don’t really talk to people often but for some reason today I was feeling friendly so I was talking to some folks on chair rides and heard multiple people say they were on the ikon this year from previously having epic. They mostly had nicer gear than I did but seemed to suck as people and not know much about skiing in general so I’m going to assume they suck at skiing too. Anyways I get it now, fuck the ikon these people belong at vail.
    You should probably go back to not talking to people. I think people would appreciate it.

i don't see how i don't buy it for next year.

sticking around the adk for most of the winter, w a ~2 month road trip late winter

ikon- 650
    wf local -470
    van ho nordic- 180

~ 1300$

plus bc and dick around xc skiing, seems reasonable for 100 days plus.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Wow...whats the biz model here? Shut out the locals? Weird.
    not sure but spring pass is $599.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Didn't know that. Thanks. Is that a definite thing or something they did this year that they may or may not do next? Holding off on buying pass this spring for health reasons.
    I think Ikon just has a cut off date, or possibly a limited number (I doubt that one). I was planning on working for an Alterra resort this winter so I didn’t bother to buy a pass, but when my usual sometimes seasonal job ran until the middle of Jan, instead of Nov. I just decided to take the winter off. Checked the Ikon website and it said they weren’t for sale, went into squaws pass office and all they would do is a full season Squaw/alpine pass for 1200. To be honest I wouldn’t recommend it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    I looked into the insurance last year--excludes preexisting conditions. I'm a walking (actually hopping at the moment) preexisting condition.
    While this might not be the gnar you are looking for, Diamond Peak seems to have a reasonable season pass policy.

"Peak Pledge

2019-20 Season Pass holders are eligible for a refund on unused passes if requested by January 15, 2020; a $25 processing fee will be applied for each season pass refunded. No insurance needed. No doctor’s note needed. Just come to Guest Services by January 15 if you have not used your pass and would like a refund. Any refunds after this date will only be permitted with a doctor’s note, and will be subject to proration."
    They also included free days at Boreal and Homewood this season. However, those resorts haven't been listed as partners yet for next season.

^^^^DP is great little resort. And it does include days at Bogus Basin which looks worthy enough for a three day vacation. I might find DP a little small to hit 25 or more days in a season though. But I very much enjoy the tree runs on that hill and the ease of skiing back to the car even if you are a ways down slope. We skied back to our car along the snow bank, about 500 vert down the road. My kid found that super fun.

Yeah we’re on the same page. A few years back I was saying I wish A Squaw gold pass would cost $1300 again, but I think it’s clear now that there’s so much wealth in the Bay Area that it wouldn’t make all that much of a difference. Not unless they made day tickets reasonable again. Of course day tickets aren’t really tickets so much as a “fine” for not buying a season pass.
    That right there is the issue. If it took 8-12 days on hill to “pay off” your pass, many BA folks would go back to day tickets. Most average skiers I know in Santa Cruz prefer to go to different resorts and maybe head up 3-4 weekends a season. But with day tickets so pricey and passes relatively cheaper, they end up with either a Tahoe or Ikon Pass. The. They head up more often because they have already paid for the pass. Funny how they fail to calculate gas and lodging as extra.

A rise in pass price would work, especially if day tickets dropped a bit.

interesting article on lift ticket pricing

https://www.saminfo.com/headline-new...-pricing-model

Ikon Pass

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    interesting article on lift ticket pricing

https://www.saminfo.com/headline-new...-pricing-model
    That’s an interesting article indeed. Worth a read.

Seems like both Ikon and epic pass sites are down right now. Tried to find out what a SWAF tix would cost my buddy next week at KW and could not get on site earlier today. tried just no to get onto Ikon to answer a black out question and can't get it to load properly. Maybe the sites have bee hacked. No more cheap passes.

Of course day tickets aren’t really tickets so much as a “fine” for not buying a season pass.
    you are on to something

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Seems like both Ikon and epic pass sites are down right now. Tried to find out what a SWAF tix would cost my buddy next week at KW and could not get on site earlier today. tried just no to get onto Ikon to answer a black out question and can't get it to load properly. Maybe the sites have bee hacked. No more cheap passes.
    Maybe we'll all be skiing at Sochi next season.

Maybe we'll all be skiing at Sochi next season.
    BBI Rosa Khutor 2020?!

Name:	Ikon Bumper.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	276085

Has anyone done the payment plan?
    Can't find any info on whether they charge more for that.